Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Re: WK10 Rival Warren - Marietta

Post by Bucknuts88 »

What a huge game for Warren. Not only a rivalry game and senior night, but I believe they still have a shot at the playoffs?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I think if we come out and play as physically as we did last week and continue being opportunistic on defense, we should win if we’re healthy. But, something about Marietta brings out the worst in us. I really don’t have a good score prediction.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm going to pick and really hope that the Warriors win this game.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

I think this one could go a number of different ways. Warren comes in with some momentum. Tigers are improving despite the win/loss record. Hopefully both teams are healthy. I know Marietta is pretty banged up right now. Had several out/get injured in the Cambridge game, including our QB and RB.

Question for Marietta is; can they stop the Williams kid at RB? He was injured early in last year's game and the Tigers were able to shut down Warren's offense. Cambridge pretty much scored at will last week, so the defense is definitely going to have to step up. I don't know exactly what to expect. I would say Warren is the favorite in this one, but my gut tells me the Tigers make things interesting.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:02 am I think this one could go a number of different ways. Warren comes in with some momentum. Tigers are improving despite the win/loss record. Hopefully both teams are healthy. I know Marietta is pretty banged up right now. Had several out/get injured in the Cambridge game, including our QB and RB.

Question for Marietta is; can they stop the Williams kid at RB? He was injured early in last year's game and the Tigers were able to shut down Warren's offense. Cambridge pretty much scored at will last week, so the defense is definitely going to have to step up. I don't know exactly what to expect. I would say Warren is the favorite in this one, but my gut tells me the Tigers make things interesting.
We’re completely healthy this week. Barring any stuff in practice this week, we’ll be good to go.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Warren is fully healthy for the first time all season. Kids are motivated, playing together and want a chance at making the playoffs (there’s actually a slim hope with a win). Marietta is always a good game. Good to see rivalry games played last on the schedule. Warren 28 Marietta 14.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

GO BLUE

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren by 13

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:32 am What a huge game for Warren. Not only a rivalry game and senior night, but I believe they still have a shot at the playoffs?
The fact that Warren can make the playoffs is an absolute joke. Ohio really diluted what it means to make the playoffs with their blanket expansion. Pennsylvania did much better by making it size/district specific and not just expanding to 16 in every division.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:02 am I think this one could go a number of different ways. Warren comes in with some momentum. Tigers are improving despite the win/loss record. Hopefully both teams are healthy. I know Marietta is pretty banged up right now. Had several out/get injured in the Cambridge game, including our QB and RB.

Marietta's QB got hurt during the game? Do they even have another QB at this point?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warden Qb for Marietta is out with broken collarbone

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

boss8 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:16 am
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:32 am What a huge game for Warren. Not only a rivalry game and senior night, but I believe they still have a shot at the playoffs?
The fact that Warren can make the playoffs is an absolute joke. Ohio really diluted what it means to make the playoffs with their blanket expansion. Pennsylvania did much better by making it size/district specific and not just expanding to 16 in every division.
I dont think anyone is going to disagree with you. 16 is too many. But I'm excited for the kids to get the opportunity to play in such a meaningful game, this late in the season.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:16 pm
boss8 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:16 am
I dont think anyone is going to disagree with you. 16 is too many. But I'm excited for the kids to get the opportunity to play in such a meaningful game, this late in the season.
Agreed, 16 is too many. But you’re right about the kids getting to play in a meaningful game in week 10. This should be a good game over the next few years since both teams are in similar spots age wise.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Will Marietta be starting that freshman at QB that they started the year off with then?

Go Blue
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm Will Marietta be starting that freshman at QB that they started the year off with then?
I heard he left the team, but I’m sure there are more credible sources than me on this particular topic. I’ve heard he’s a good athlete, I’d like to see him play if he’s still there.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Marietta is going to be at a serious disadvantage without the starting qb. Got to give the edge to warren. 28-21 type game. Who knows. That’s the beauty of rivalry games.

Do these teams play for a trophy?

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:23 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm Will Marietta be starting that freshman at QB that they started the year off with then?
I heard he left the team, but I’m sure there are more credible sources than me on this particular topic. I’ve heard he’s a good athlete, I’d like to see him play if he’s still there.
He’s a solid athlete…not anything close to what his dad thinks he is, unfortunately. Couldn’t run away from people the same way he did in middle school.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:35 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:23 pm
He’s a solid athlete…not anything close to what his dad thinks he is, unfortunately. Couldn’t run away from people the same way he did in middle school.
Everybody else catches up in high school.. hate when dads ruin it for their kids.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

ManInBlack wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:32 pm Marietta is going to be at a serious disadvantage without the starting qb. Got to give the edge to warren. 28-21 type game. Who knows. That’s the beauty of rivalry games.

Do these teams play for a trophy?
No trophy interestingly enough.

Return to “Football”