Re: WK10 Rival Warren - Marietta

Post by muskiefan11 »

Warren by 2 Td’s

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:00 pm
ManInBlack wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:32 pm Marietta is going to be at a serious disadvantage without the starting qb. Got to give the edge to warren. 28-21 type game. Who knows. That’s the beauty of rivalry games.

Do these teams play for a trophy?
No trophy interestingly enough.
That’s too bad. I think all rivalries should have something up for grabs. Don’t know what what you would call the Marietta-warren series lol

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

ManInBlack wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:59 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:00 pm
ManInBlack wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:32 pm Marietta is going to be at a serious disadvantage without the starting qb. Got to give the edge to warren. 28-21 type game. Who knows. That’s the beauty of rivalry games.

Do these teams play for a trophy?
No trophy interestingly enough.
That’s too bad. I think all rivalries should have something up for grabs. Don’t know what what you would call the Marietta-warren series lol
The Battle for 550

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Warriors need this win. Felt like we gave one away last year against them. Ending year on a win would be big (assuming they do not make playoffs)

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

This game is setting up to be the opposite of last year. We’re coming in healthy and they are beat up. We played without at least 2-3 of our best players last year, including Williams. I don’t think Marietta will have an answer for him.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Warriors321 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:06 am Warriors need this win. Felt like we gave one away last year against them. Ending year on a win would be big (assuming they do not make playoffs)
I believe they're gonna play some inspired football on Friday night. Excited to take this game in. Glad it has been moved to Week 10 over the past couple of years, makes it mean more.

CarlJohnson
Waterboy

Post by CarlJohnson »

Is Warren a young team?

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Reading the Marietta Times this morning and there's the Warren head coach talking about how young they are again. Every single week he says the same thing. I get it, but Marietta is even younger than Warren at key spots (Warren's QB and best player are both juniors). Feels like Coach Peyton is just making excuses at this point. Shouldn't need to add that clarification every time you talk to a reporter, especially when you're getting ready to play a 2-7 Marietta team who is just as young or younger than you.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

boss8 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:16 pm Reading the Marietta Times this morning and there's the Warren head coach talking about how young they are again. Every single week he says the same thing. I get it, but Marietta is even younger than Warren at key spots (Warren's QB and best player are both juniors). Feels like Coach Peyton is just making excuses at this point. Shouldn't need to add that clarification every time you talk to a reporter, especially when you're getting ready to play a 2-7 Marietta team who is just as young or younger than you.
He pointed out that they are a young team but have improved over the course of the year and are playing better now. I did not take it as him making excuses just pointing out a fact.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

boss8 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:16 pm Reading the Marietta Times this morning and there's the Warren head coach talking about how young they are again. Every single week he says the same thing. I get it, but Marietta is even younger than Warren at key spots (Warren's QB and best player are both juniors). Feels like Coach Peyton is just making excuses at this point. Shouldn't need to add that clarification every time you talk to a reporter, especially when you're getting ready to play a 2-7 Marietta team who is just as young or younger than you.
The quote was, “We play a lot of young kids and it takes a while to play into their roles. We’ve had to throw them to the wolves, but we are seeing a better product now.” The context is entirely about how they’ve improved. I don’t know what your issue is with truth?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

What scenarios have to happen for Warren to make the playoffs besides winning tonight?

Go Blue
Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

I think Joe Eitels site had them at 19. Basically I think they need to win and hope for 3 teams above them to lose.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Whs95fan wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:03 am What scenarios have to happen for Warren to make the playoffs besides winning tonight?
From Drew Pasteur’s site (teams to root for):

Week 10: Alexander (5-4 D5 R19) over Meigs (5-4 D5 R19)
Week 10: Archbishop Alter (5-4 D4 R16) over Chaminade Julienne (5-4 D3 R12)
Week 10: Licking Heights (5-4 D2 R7) over Licking Valley (4-5 D4 R15)
Week 10: Utica (3-6 D5 R19) over Lakewood (Hebron) (0-9 D4 R15)
Week 10: Logan (3-6 D2 R7) over Zanesville (3-6 D3 R11)

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

Warren Offensively Starts 1 Sr - 5 Jr- 5 Soph - 1 Fr (I’d consider that young if you return 10 guys.)

Defensively Warren Starts 2 Sr - 2 Jr - 5 Soph - 1 Fr

I don’t think Coach Peyton is making excuses.
Warren is young, when the majority of your players still have mommy and daddy picking you up from practice I’d consider that a young program.

Just my thoughts

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

LeftHandedCoach wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:28 am

Warren Offensively Starts 1 Sr - 5 Jr- 5 Soph - 1 Fr (I’d consider that young if you return 10 guys.)

Warren is young, when the majority of your players still have mommy and daddy picking you up from practice I’d consider that a young program.

Just my thoughts
I'm pretty sure Marietta is even younger than that. But it's literally the first thing he says in every single media appearance. We get it dude. It's your job to make sure they get better, and you have the luxary of having some key players that are experienced. Not everyone has that same advantage...including the team you're playing tonight.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Just my thoughts
I'm pretty sure Marietta is even younger than that. But it's literally the first thing he says in every single media appearance. We get it dude. It's your job to make sure they get better, and you have the luxary of having some key players that are experienced. Not everyone has that same advantage...including the team you're playing tonight.
All Marietta’s running backs are juniors. Our other two are a sophomore and freshman. Their best receiver isn’t a freshman either. Not sure what the argument is. I’ll give you we’re more experienced at qb, but he doesn’t make our offense tick.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Just my thoughts
The fact that Marietta, who they play tonight, is also young does not change the fact that Warren has been young all season. What is your issue?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Warren has beaten the teams this season they matched up to evenly and lost to the teams they didn’t. They played Morgan and Logan good enough to win but 3-4 plays in each game cost them. They could easily be 5-4 right now with their “young team”. Anyone out there who has watched this group play, prove me otherwise. So a 6-4 record beating Marietta is realistic even playing with what they have. If all of them return next season, Warren should be a fun group to watch.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Just my thoughts
The fact that Marietta, who they play tonight, is also young does not change the fact that Warren has been young all season. What is your issue?
Lol man I don't have an issue. It's entertaining (and remarkably easy) to get you guys riled up. But I do get bored from reading the same thing in the paper from their coach every single week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I agree I’m tired of hearing how young Warren is. It’s week 10 we don’t need to be told every week. By now they got least 10 games of experience. Marietta doesn’t even have a Qb.

Return to “Football”