Waterboy

Piketon 24 - 6 Huntington 2022

Post by Slimjim13 »

Thoughts on this one?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Piketon vs Huntington Week 10

Post by VetteMan »

Two pretty evenly matched teams, league record as well as overall records. Could and should be a pretty good ballgame.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon needs this one to probably secure a playoff spot. I expect Coach Yates will have Huntington ready to play. Streaks will have to play stout defense, limit the big play, and eliminate mistakes on offense. Go Streaks!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

This should be a good game! Hard to pick a winner.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is going to be a tough one for Piketon and I don't know that on defense if Huntington matches up very well this to me is a tossup game but it's one must win game for Piketon a loss and they're probably out of it without some help. Meigs and Alexander sit at 17 and 18 and play this week so someone is getting the W there, Utica sitting at 16 but playing DIV Lakewood team who hasn't won all year, Columbus Academy with a winnable game as well. One of the biggest problems I see with Piketon and the ability to get in going into week 10 is trying to get those 2nd level points from the teams they've beat. Piketon has 5 wins and honestly I don't see any of those teams picking up additional points for Piketon putting their points at 8.6 min. win out.

MeNotWe
Waterboy

Post by MeNotWe »

Good matchup here. Both teams having solid years; coach Yates and Huntington with their first ever playoff appearance right around the bend and coach Gullion and the 'streaks staying competitive after losing over 5,0000 yards of offense from last year. Curious if Piketon can take advantage of Huntington's weakness on the edge and in pass defense before the Huntsmen can wear down the front of 8 of Piketon.

Streaks 26-14.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Is there ever a doubt that Coach Yates will not have a game plan. Have his teams prepared. Take away a teams strengths. Find a wrinkle to exploit. ( Those questions are rhetorical by the way ) I know that Coach Gullion is a good coach, but Huntington just seems to be weaving magic right now. I do like Piketon to be able to spread it out and throw the football, but I am not sure that they can run it on Huntington. I really like the rhythm that Huntington's run game gets into. The computers are saying Piketon by 7. So, I think we all agree that it will be close. But this Huntington team has been finding ways to get it done. Going to Piketon is no joke, but I like Huntington with a late score to get this done. Give me Huntington 28 - 26

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

PIKETON 24 Huntington 6

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Looking as if Piketon will travel to Barnesville. Congrats Streaks!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Piketon 24 - 6 Huntington 2022

Post by mattash »

Piketon 24 - 6 Huntington

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Windog
Waterboy

Re: Piketon 24 - 6 Huntington 2022

Post by Windog »

Coach Yates didn’t have answers tonight. Tough one for the HHS O. Defense got 3-4 turnovers, but Huntington had no answers for the blitz.

Return to “Football”