Portsmouth West 14 - 7 Wheelersburg 2022 SOC Championship

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: WK10 Gold Ball Special West vs Wheelersburg

Post by Paulcrew »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:42 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:37 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:33 pm
I hope you are right. I will be rooting for whatever scioto county Orange and black team that gets a chance to play them. 😁
I will be rooting for ANY SEO HS that represents the Seo part of OHIO!!

Only a flood-wall & a few streets separated my home from the mighty ohio river as i grew up in West IronTon.

I want all seo teams/students to do well in all endeavors.

If my Tigers do not advance, SEO ALL THE WAY!!!

I love WINNERS & THOSE THAT DO NOT.

I do not HATE ot root against my neighbors….

Seo all the way!!!
I root for homegrown seo teams. Not manufactured seo teams. Just saying. 🤷
so ironton harvest prep and burg is out. wel
I guess you get 13 teams to root for. lmbo. you people are so entertaining

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:47 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:11 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:49 pm

No one cares about that tonight
Oh sorry, west played tough tonight and they won the super bowl. Just like the way every team that beats burg in something does. 😂
not really. Ironton has been spanking them for several years now. it’s not nearly that big of a win anymore. Burg has lost a lot of steam in the past four years.

Really????? You need to go back and look at the scores in that series from 2013-2018 and throw in last year too. Burg was beating Ironton so bad during that time frame that the talk on here was maybe Ironton should stop playing Burg week 1 to get out of starting the season 0-1

Also, in the last 4 years Ironton is a whopping 3-1 with Burg winning the only game that actually meant anything!!!!

SMDMFH!!!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West 14 - 7 Wheelersburg 2022 SOC Championship

Post by scott1297 »

Good game played by West poor game played by Burg ! Burg played exactly like they did last week versus Valley let's just hope they wake up for the playoffs !! And I gotta give props to the Sissel kid he ran hard and is a good back congrats to that young man

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to West on the win!! Totally took Burg out of their offense in the 2nd half and did just enough to get the job done.

According to Joe Eitel looks like West play Northwest at West and Burg plays Heath at Burg

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:11 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:13 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:15 pm Like look at yabba after losing to a team with a significantly lower CB than Burg

Burg should have run his formation with 6 backs and 2 guys in motion, could have won.

You know what!!! F&$K you too!!! If Burg would have kept running the ball they would have won this game!!! That's why they need a new play caller for the talent that is coming up the next three years. Even if they wanted to start throwing the ball why keep chucking it 40 yards down the field and not get your best pass catcher in TE Caleb Arthur little short passes right off the line.
Hahahaha! He’s crashing !

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:23 pm Good game played by West poor game played by Burg ! Burg played exactly like they did last week versus Valley let's just hope they wake up for the playoffs !! And I gotta give props to the Sissel kid he ran hard and is a good back congrats to that young man
Completely agree. Burg got away with playing badly against Valley. West had the talent to make Burg pay for their poor offensive play.

Not sure what has changed the past two games, but something is off with Burg on the O side of the ball.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:29 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:23 pm Good game played by West poor game played by Burg ! Burg played exactly like they did last week versus Valley let's just hope they wake up for the playoffs !! And I gotta give props to the Sissel kid he ran hard and is a good back congrats to that young man
Completely agree. Burg got away with playing badly against Valley. West had the talent to make Burg pay for their poor offensive play.

Not sure what has changed the past two games, but something is off with Burg on the O side of the ball.
It's like they are trying to become a passing team and they threw very little short passes all night. Kept trying to hit the long bomb and it just wasn't there!!!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:31 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:29 pm

It's like they are trying to become a passing team and they threw very little short passes all night. Kept trying to hit the long bomb and it just wasn't there!!!
Burg needs to give up trying to make Jones a passer. He needs to help the team with his legs, not his arm.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the West Siders on beating the Burg and winning the SOC .

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:27 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:13 pm

Burg should have run his formation with 6 backs and 2 guys in motion, could have won.

You know what!!! F&$K you too!!! If Burg would have kept running the ball they would have won this game!!! That's why they need a new play caller for the talent that is coming up the next three years. Even if they wanted to start throwing the ball why keep chucking it 40 yards down the field and not get your best pass catcher in TE Caleb Arthur little short passes right off the line.
Hilarious. Woodward - if Yabba runs you out of Wheelersburg, you are more than welcome here until you’re done coaching!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg looked like the team that got tired when it was supposed to be the other way around. West was the more physical team.
So Proud of those boys.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

In all seriousness, great win for West. These types of games are why you play and support high school sports. Congrats and enjoy it!

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Great win for West. They have good leadership in the senior class and did a great job executing and mixing between pass and run and trying to be balanced. Preparing to execute with a balanced attack and controlling the line of scrimmage (and of course, Sissel and Bishop) won them the football game tonight.

I am very happy for Todd Gilliland. He is a great football coach but you won't meet a nicer man. Kids absolutely love playing for the guy -- I witnessed three former players of his visit him after the Portsmouth win and you could really tell by the looks on their faces how much he meant to them and likewise. He is a great leader and I hope for West's sake that he is there for a long time. He is the guy that West has needed for a long time. Seeing the older brother OC help lead his younger senior QB brother to a SOC II crown is pretty cool.

As for Wheelersburg, they'll be just fine. Their success speaks for itself. Certainly have work to do though, but they're playing a ton of young guys in the two-deep. I'll never doubt the coaching staff's ability to bring guys along. They do a better job than even most 'Burg folks give them credit for. Three losses this year by 9, 8, and 8 points to the three best teams in Southeastern Ohio -- I wouldn't get too down about that considering all three of them have a real chance at contending to win the region.

Nink
Waterboy

Post by Nink »

I drove from Tennessee to watch this game. I was not disappointed. Congratulations to Coach Todd, his staff and the young men who call themselves Senators. You made your school and community proud. Good luck in the playoffs.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to West on the Gold Ball. It will be a great SOC awards program at West HS this year.

Everybody wants to talk about what Wheelersburg didn’t do instead of what West did! The thread should be about how West won the game. After the first drive West shut Burg out! It’s not like Burg had a lot of scoring drives in the first half then went away from all that success.

Wheelersburg did not lose the game - West WON the game! Kudos to the West coaching staff and players. And kudos to the West fan base for being classy in their victory. So far a limited number of West fans on here beating their chest!

This game was all about West players, coaches and community. and their “West Side Toughness”. Congrats on the Championship and good luck in the playoff.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:03 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:27 pm

Hilarious. Woodward - if Yabba runs you out of Wheelersburg, you are more than welcome here until you’re done coaching!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats to West on the conference crown this year. Seems they have improved throughout the year and earned it last night.

Ninker
Waterboy

Post by Ninker »

I drove from Tennessee to watch this game. I was not disappointed. Great game. Congrats to Coach Todd, his staff and the young men who call themselves Senators. You made your school, alumni and community proud. Good luck in the playoffs.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations to the senators and good luck going forward

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I'm a Burg fan but I have to say, West was the better team this year. I think West has a better chance against Ironton this year than the Burg. They are better at 3 things, passing, pass defending and quarterback. Ironton can be beat and they will be. Make that five things better line play and running back.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to West, you were my pre-season pick for SOC2 and didn't disappoint. Sounds like a good game and you really stepped up when you needed to.

Return to “Football”