Ironton 51 - 7 Minford 2022 Playoffs

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Reg 19: #16 Minford @ #1 Ironton

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:55 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:52 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:43 am

He don’t need to reach out to him. The stadium, the social media and All the kids with d1 looks will get him thinking. It’s 2022 and kids talk among themselves and see all the socials. I’m no tiger fan but that seems to be the way of the future. Our teams need to figure out a way to step up and compete.
You’re more impressed with something that I don’t think is that impressive.
We dont think it is but they do. We are the grown ups they are the kids. They see things differently
Perhaps. I need to get on that snap chat I guess

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:56 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:55 am

We dont think it is but they do. We are the grown ups they are the kids. They see things differently
Perhaps. I need to get on that snap chat I guess
Haha I don’t have that. I have Facebook and I hate that at times. My son names off like 50 social media things I’ve never heard of showing me different sports stuff.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:12 am Did the minford QB have a serious shoulder injury vs valley?
Yes, broken collarbone is what I’ve heard.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:37 am If Pica has a great game Pendleton will probably offer him a scholly!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪
He don’t need to reach out to him. The stadium, the social media and All the kids with d1 looks will get him thinking. It’s 2022 and kids talk among themselves and see all the socials. I’m no tiger fan but that seems to be the way of the future. Our teams need to figure out a way to step up and compete.
Well there it is woby isnt impressed....time to shut this thread down. You Burgites kill me with your I'm better than you attitudes...you all are hilarious

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Well there it is woby isnt impressed....time to shut this thread down. You Burgites kill me with your I'm better than you attitudes...you all are hilarious
Why? Because some of us understand that wins are a lot easier when you get players that transfer in. In my opinion, it’s not that impressive. It’s more meaningful when you have a group of kids grow up and put together a memorable season. Not sure how that translates to I’m better than you but hey to each their own.

Last season was one of the most enjoyable seasons for me as a fan of burg last year. Struggled early, low senior class, had injuries, but battled back, won the SOC and went to region after beating Ironton. That’s impressive to me.

If burg can repeat the same thing this year, it would be right up there with that.

Back to topic. I did derail it. Ironton easy win.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Saw Ironton game on Spectrum last night. Very impressive. They have improved as usual. I posted on Harvest thread I said at beginning of year it would be Prep and Ironton in regional final. Oh sorry, I forgot to mention the Le Tigres are playing the mighty Minford Falcons. It will be a good learning experience for the Falcons and hopefully make them hungry to be better. Let's hope for a safe injury free game..

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

And yes, talent equals wins with the right coaching staff.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

How many Minford kids alone have transferred to Wheelersburg over the past 25-yrs? Also, it was always a position that burg needed to be filled and the kid is plugged into their system and starts immediately. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 8 of them. When this was happening the burg folks didn't have a problem with it, but now that Ironton is getting these area kids all of a sudden it's not that impressive b/c they're not doing it with their homegrown kids. Well, there are many gold footballs sitting in burg's trophy case that we not earned by homegrown burg kids either.

The old saying applies here, those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. SMDH!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Vlad, my kids went to the Burg. I did not but I know how it works. West and Portsmouth have kids transfer. It happens all over. Talent equals victories..sometimes their friends talk them into coming to play ball with them. Some of these kids play 3 sports and travel ball in different sports and get to know kids from other schools. It's definitely a network and kids want the best shot to be happy, get to play and win some meaningful ballgames. I'll never bash the transfers because it happens. I am however against private schools in the public playoffs. They truly have the capability to get anyone from anywhere and as long as they can show them eligible to play, they play. I always said break the private schools and Catholic/Christian schools into their own divisions. You probably would only have 2. Large school and small. But what do I know.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:19 pm How many Minford kids alone have transferred to Wheelersburg over the past 25-yrs? Also, it was always a position that burg needed to be filled and the kid is plugged into their system and starts immediately. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 8 of them. When this was happening the burg folks didn't have a problem with it, but now that Ironton is getting these area kids all of a sudden it's not that impressive b/c they're not doing it with their homegrown kids. Well, there are many gold footballs sitting in burg's trophy case that we not earned by homegrown burg kids either.

The old saying applies here, those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. SMDH!
These were all different. Either they lived right on the border of the district, or they weren’t impact players, or they didn’t come all at once, or their mom was a teacher, or it was a situation you just don’t understand, or they came in April of their 8th grade year, or something.

If you are a parent, and your kid can thrive in a different environment, and you have the means to put them into that environment, I say go for it. Whether that’s the many kids who have transferred for athletics, academics, social, or any other reason.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Agree TigerBob. I moved my kids to the Burg for education. They were only a year and a half behind where we came from and had to do Summer school to catch up but it was worth it. Neither played sports. Different reasons for sure..

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:35 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:19 pm How many Minford kids alone have transferred to Wheelersburg over the past 25-yrs? Also, it was always a position that burg needed to be filled and the kid is plugged into their system and starts immediately. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 8 of them. When this was happening the burg folks didn't have a problem with it, but now that Ironton is getting these area kids all of a sudden it's not that impressive b/c they're not doing it with their homegrown kids. Well, there are many gold footballs sitting in burg's trophy case that we not earned by homegrown burg kids either.

These were all different. Either they lived right on the border of the district, or they weren’t impact players, or they didn’t come all at once, or their mom was a teacher, or it was a situation you just don’t understand, or they came in April of their 8th grade year, or something.
Yeah lol, b/c it's W'burg it's just different. That sounds exactly like all the BS justifications I've heard over the years from w'burg posters when they've poached kids out of the Minford program. I really don't know how they can give Ironton the least amount of crap regardig this topic when they've been doing it for decades.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:45 pm
Taylormade wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Why? Because some of us understand that wins are a lot easier when you get players that transfer in. In my opinion, it’s not that impressive. It’s more meaningful when you have a group of kids grow up and put together a memorable season. Not sure how that translates to I’m better than you but hey to each their own.

Last season was one of the most enjoyable seasons for me as a fan of burg last year. Struggled early, low senior class, had injuries, but battled back, won the SOC and went to region after beating Ironton. That’s impressive to me.

If burg can repeat the same thing this year, it would be right up there with that.

Back to topic. I did derail it. Ironton easy win.
Didn’t the Williams kid come from Portsmouth and Glover from Valley ?

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Man, never a way to diffuse the transfer talk. I'll back out of this one. I say Ironton by how many they decide to win by. Good luck to both teams.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:29 pm Vlad, my kids went to the Burg. I did not but I know how it works. West and Portsmouth have kids transfer. It happens all over. Talent equals victories..sometimes their friends talk them into coming to play ball with them. Some of these kids play 3 sports and travel ball in different sports and get to know kids from other schools. It's definitely a network and kids want the best shot to be happy, get to play and win some meaningful ballgames. I'll never bash the transfers because it happens. I am however against private schools in the public playoffs. They truly have the capability to get anyone from anywhere and as long as they can show them eligible to play, they play. I always said break the private schools and Catholic/Christian schools into their own divisions. You probably would only have 2. Large school and small. But what do I know.

You can't honestly be saying private schools getting kids from all over us Different from what Ironton does.....

Mississippi, Ashland, Huntington,Valley,Burg , Minford kid coming in etc. 😂 😂 That's funny poop right there

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

No, I'm not saying that at all but I'm not going to keep going with this transferring and recruiting crap. I said in my previous posts it happens every where. I root for the Burg and it happens there and every where else. I mentioned private school championships because I believe it would give public schools a better shot at being a champion..that's my thinking and if you look at some of the divisions a lot of the private and Catholic/ Christian schools win a lot of the championships. And before anyone says it I know about competitive balance, recruiting and transfers and equal shot for everyone. Ok and have a nice day. Peace .

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

If interested in photos of Portsmouth vs Ironton: https://bobbiannphotos.smugmug.com/Foot ... vs-Ironton

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

The best part of this game from the Minford fan perspective is that we only have to travel to Ironton to take this L. Harvest Prep would have been a long trip to get smacked. 😂

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:52 am Ironton was worried the OVC wouldn't prepare them for the playoffs, I'd imagine this game will be very similar to the last 7 weeks.
Gallia surprised me and gave Ironton all they could handle. Can't help but wonder if Ironton maybe took GA too lightly. Either way, Ironton should win this one by 28+. Running clock by late 3rd

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

I dont think Ironton took Gallia lightly at all. I do think that there were several long gains or 1st downs that were negated by penalties.

Return to “Football”