Allen East 45 - 0 Valley 2022 Playoffs

coop
SEOPS

Allen East 45 - 0 Valley 2022 Playoffs

Post by coop »

The Indians make the 3 hour trip to take on the Mustangs. Allen East went 9-1 this year and is coming off a regional final run last season. They appear to run a spread offense/no huddle and all 11 kids get the plays off the wristband for the most part. They dress about 55-60 kids. A few of their games are available on YouTube.

I think Valley has played a much tougher schedule as 9 of the 10 teams Valley has played are in the playoffs and 8 of them have wining records(Oak Hill and Eastern do not Valley won those 2 games 70-7.)

I’ve never been one to say, “that’s a pretty good 3-7 team” but that’s what I’m saying lol.

Valley is definitely battle tested and has played really well the last 3 weeks, so I look for the Indians to go up there and give their best effort.

I know Nolan Crabtree and his staff will have the kids ready to play, and they won’t look like the game was over before it started.

The seniors, staff, and team all deserve to get that charter bus, enjoy the experience and the ride! I hope all of Lucasville gets behind these kids and a good crowd shows up.

Good luck Valley!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Region 24: #15 Valley @ #2 Allen East

Post by mattash »

Valley has some athletes, never know. Good luck Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Valley is pretty thin and if that team runs a no huddle spread valley will gas out fairly quick. Rooting for the Indians but they need to dig deep and not wear down.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Allen 38-14

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah they have played 6 games against d7 teams and only 4 had a winning record losing to a 9-1 elmwood so their schedule is not that impressive the problem will be depth as usual with valley one thing for sure tho is that valley will not be scared of them

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Allen East is very good

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

We are beat up. These kids fought these last 3 weeks. The schedule may have got the best of us. Or….. maybe, we are tougher than we all thought and put it together in Herrod ohio this Friday.

Either way? This is the first year of Nolan’s coaching tenure at Valley. Those kids scrapped all season. They got so much better as we went along. Anybody that thinks we don’t beat NW in a rematch is nuts. Anybody that thinks Waverly would do that to us again is nuts.
This was growing pains, and a thin bench. It is hilarious to me that people don’t look at the numbers the last 10 years and realize that we have been down in comparison to these other SOC schools since 2015. Are you guys not even understanding this?
I’m glad the ones that decide coaching positions at Valley aren’t the ones questioning tactics or in the crowd questioning how we should do this or do that. I’m glad they understand that this “WILL BE A PROCESS”. And it will take years to build up.
Our classes are small after this. The ones playing now need to be respected. They will be the ones (Just like during Darren’s first 5 years) that will be remembered as the ones that laid the foundation of this program.
All the people that play for Darren on here in the last 28 years need to remember it took time. And they need to remember that we struggled some before we got rolling.

And… we need to remember the numbers that we are dealing with at this school. There’s not one kid that’s not out there busting his ass to get better. They showed you that the last 3 weeks.

The staff showed you that they can handle big moments. If Bush doesn’t get hurt, we beat Minford. That’s not knocking any kid that replaced him. But Levi is a dude. We would’ve won. Period.
We have everything in place at this school. Except numbers.

I challenge anyone on here, or in the stands, to tell me different….

You know who I am on here. I don’t hide behind a name.
I watched them play their ass off this year. Undermanned.
I watched the staff bring a plan every week. We will be back. We will be a handful next week if we can get enough healthy. And it may take a few years, but we will be all the way back where you guys want us to be.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Well said pmow!

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

A 3-7 team has absolutely no business in the playoffs. Period.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

DJT47 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm A 3-7 team has absolutely no business in the playoffs. Period.

Take that up with OHSAA. We didn’t make the rules.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

DJT47 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm A 3-7 team has absolutely no business in the playoffs. Period.
How would you handle it?

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

I would say normally you are right a 3-7 team who plays other teams their size, but Valley plays up all season. Whether or not that helps them in this game we will see.

Kids are playing harder than ever, offensively i would recommend no huddle all game. It seems as if the rhythm and flow works better. Diveraify offensive calls, weak side, certain receivers have not been reliable, use the ones that have been reliable, O-line blocking calls... moving in the right direction keep it going. Defensiveley containment, leave it at that.

Play hard, leave it all on the field , you play bigger schools all year.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'm like you PMOW. I have nothing to hide either and I'm easy to find. I agree with the comments about NW and Waverly. Emotions play such a huge role at the high school level . The team has shown up the past 3 weeks and they should be commended for their effort. The team consists of all folks involved in the day to day grind. Coaches, trainers and players have done their best against tremendous odds. I know one thing a whole lot of negativity won't turn this around.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Condoning a 16 team playoff is equivalent to participation trophies. Unfortunately that's the soft world we inhabit.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

DJT47 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:06 pm Condoning a 16 team playoff is equivalent to participation trophies. Unfortunately that's the soft world we inhabit.
Take it up with the state if you know better, until then Valley will keep playing football.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

DJT47 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:06 pm Condoning a 16 team playoff is equivalent to participation trophies. Unfortunately that's the soft world we inhabit.
So all the 9-16 seeds should just forfeit their games? Not sure what you expect teams to do? This it the way it is, we didn’t make the rules. Unless there is a certain amount of wins a team has to have to make the playoffs, it won’t get better. But don’t discredit the kids.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Pretty sure basketball and baseball allow every team to play in the state tournament. At least there is a cut-off in football.

Valley is a dangerous 3-7 team, especially if the effort is like it has been the last 3 weeks. I think the way they've played lately shows you the makeup and character of the coaching staff and the kids. It's easy to quit, but the coaches kept coaching and the players kept playing.

This season ain't over, but I can't help to think what the next couple of years will bring - with the experience the underclassmen got this year, they'll be a fun group to root for.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Valley in your upcoming first round matchup against Allen East.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I understand Valley's plight of 'playing up' every week. The school I follow does the same in Grandview Hts. Record is not true reflection of how good they are or can be. Also, injuries can hurt teams with low numbers and lack of backups- 1st stringers can usually hang with bigger schools but a drop in ability and strength can drop off after that.
I wish Valley good luck on there trip to Allen East.
Allen East plays in a very competitive league. D5, D6 and D7 teams in NW Ohio play in the shadow of the MAC (Midwest Athletic Conference).
Below is Allen East Schedule with the records of the teams they played. Looks like Allen East is prepared for the playoffs.

7-2 at Upper Scioto Valley Win 27-14
1-8 at Lima Perry Win 64-0
8-1 Bloomdale Elmwood Lost 53-21
4-5 at Convoy Crestview win 29-12
7-2 Columbus Grove win 7-0
1-9 at Spencerville win 58-14
6-4 Delphos Jefferson win 62-6
5-4 at Bluffton win 30-14
3-6 Leipsic win 17-8
3-7 Ada win 52-7

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Pmow 3 is right. Hard to win with first year coach. Valley has played some good teams and did
Good things and some bad. I’ve noticed the coaching has improved each week. Valley has bright future. Good community. I’m sure being head coach isn’t the easiest job. He’s young and well liked and assume respected. Gl valley. Injuries take a toll.

Return to “Football”