Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Re: Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Post by NewApproved »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm Oh look, another chicken $hit, keyboard warrior who wants to question coaching. What qualifies you to even have an opinion? Let me guess. You have played a bunch of Madden and you never miss College Gameday.
You have to be a chicken poop loser of a coach.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:14 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm Oh look, another chicken $hit, keyboard warrior who wants to question coaching. What qualifies you to even have an opinion? Let me guess. You have played a bunch of Madden and you never miss College Gameday.
Maybe you should stop being butt hurt and read what the guy was saying. Maybe you can answer the question he has, he titled it wrong so you just assumed. Typical narrow minded coach everyone else is the problem but him.
We are on the same page.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:17 pm
And mommy’s little Joey probably didn’t get to play much because of that mean old coach, thus ruining Joey’s lock of a D1 power 5 scholly. Hey if Joey Burrows can do it so can her little Joey if they just get a new coach.
Bitch answer. Loser coach too I am assuming.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

pmow3 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:39 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 pm I think Chesapeake is in a area where kids can go to fairland, ironton, Ashland or Huntington. I think in basketball a couple kids went to fairland. You coach what you have and if kids are leaving it makes it very hard. Just a few years ago when my son played for Portsmouth I remember we lost to them. I hope they get back on track.
I love answers like these. …
First of all you are not wrong. Everything you say is exactly right.

But my thing is this…. They need to get out of the conference they are in, or realign so they have a chance. A school that is losing any talent to bigger schools, then having to play said schools in their conference is BS….
I’d leave or try to get Coal Grove, rock hill and some SOC schools to form a new conference. Quit being the whipping boy for Ironton and Fairland. Throw the middle finger up and get out.
So you say you were in the playoffs like Green and ND?
Loser mentally for sure. Whining we can’t win here let’s play down so we can go 5-5 and play another 4-6 team and 20 years from now just say we made the playoffs. Big deal.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

BigSpoon wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:40 pm
By far the worst coached team in ovc play and you have this to say? You should want better for those kids
Amen for this response.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

pmow3 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:33 am So what do you do? Just take it??
Or move out of the situation?
Why not join schools your size and give your kids a chance?
Make it a football only conference and let these kids play schools their size, both in enrollment and or competitive balance.

Get Rock Hill, coal Grove, valley, oak hill and Northwest and make a good conference in football only.
Yeah, so we can pretend we are good.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

transplant wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:40 am Just like most struggling teams who want to get rid of their coach, I have to ask, what does the youth program look like at Chesapeake? Do they play amongst themselves or in a league with other teams? Are they developing players, or are the athletes just not there? You can have the best coach in the world, and still isn't going to get you wins if you don't have athletes. Sure, they will play hard and not get beat as bad, but just can't overcome some things. How long has the current coach been there? It's one thing if the kids just don't want to play for him, but it's another if there just isn't athletes period.
Hey, here is the answer. Find teams making the playoffs with losing records and schedule them. Make all the excuses for the current coach playing your kid because it could not be his fault.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:17 am sorry for the mis spells. are anglish teachers aint too good.
Are you an expert in spelling too polewussy? You are unreal.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:50 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 pm I think Chesapeake is in a area where kids can go to fairland, ironton, Ashland or Huntington. I think in basketball a couple kids went to fairland. You coach what you have and if kids are leaving it makes it very hard. Just a few years ago when my son played for Portsmouth I remember we lost to them. I hope they get back on track.

But my thing is this…. They need to get out of the conference they are in, or realign so they have a chance. A school that is losing any talent to bigger schools, then having to play said schools in their conference is BS….
I’d leave or try to get Coal Grove, rock hill and some SOC schools to form a new conference. Quit being the whipping boy for Ironton and Fairland. Throw the middle finger up and get out.
Loser mentally for sure. Whining we can’t win here let’s play down so we can go 5-5 and play another 4-6 team and 20 years from now just say we made the playoffs. Big deal.
You can’t win there. Not the way it is. Not gonna happen. You wouldn’t be playing down either. You’d be playing schools your size. But hey whatever. Go ahead and keep losing kids to all these other schools. I just think a merge of similar sized schools makes sense. But if you enjoy game night at the Tank or at Fairland when it’s 50-6, that’s up to you. I bet those kids in Chesapeake uniforms would like a fair chance.
Other areas do it.
This area has been in need of this a long time. It won’t happen because not enough big schools will allow it. And the pride of the small schools get challenged. So whatever.
Can’t blame a guy for trying.

But I will say this. All the people that jump the ND’s and green’s for how they do things. When, the only OVC school that I can even think of that’s won a regional in football ever has been Ironton. You might have another one I don’t know about.
And in the SOC, Valley won one. West won one.
ND won some championships before there were playoffs

So the only ones with serious success down here is Burg and Ironton.
So the way it is now doesn’t work for anyone but those 2. So what’s the big deal to try it different and allow kids to have a shot to be competitive?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

This is a valid question. knipp has had 2-3 good seaons when RH was loaded. Underachieved many other years...

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Loser mentality is trying to overcome something that’s 2x your size and has a few of your best athletes playing for them. And then defending them and helping them keep things the way they they are. So you can lose again and again.

Look at the enrollment numbers man. And look at the scores.
Look at the recruits they have.
They want it to stay the way it is so they don’t have to schedule their own size.
They get healthy for the playoffs. Meanwhile all the small schools they beat up are done.
Just my thoughts on it

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

pmow3 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:05 pm
NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:50 pm

You can’t win there. Not the way it is. Not gonna happen. You wouldn’t be playing down either. You’d be playing schools your size. But hey whatever. Go ahead and keep losing kids to all these other schools. I just think a merge of similar sized schools makes sense. But if you enjoy game night at the Tank or at Fairland when it’s 50-6, that’s up to you. I bet those kids in Chesapeake uniforms would like a fair chance.
Other areas do it.
This area has been in need of this a long time. It won’t happen because not enough big schools will allow it. And the pride of the small schools get challenged. So whatever.
Can’t blame a guy for trying.

But I will say this. All the people that jump the ND’s and green’s for how they do things. When, the only OVC school that I can even think of that’s won a regional in football ever has been Ironton. You might have another one I don’t know about.
And in the SOC, Valley won one. West won one.
ND won some championships before there were playoffs

So the only ones with serious success down here is Burg and Ironton.
So the way it is now doesn’t work for anyone but those 2. So what’s the big deal to try it different and allow kids to have a shot to be competitive?
Maybe Ironton and Burg are the only ones that deserve to go. Or let’s cry about them being so good and form our own team with a schedule that we can be the best in. We do not need to earn it. We should win too!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Yeah. Maybe that’s best. 👊🏽👍🏽

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

pmow3 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 pm Loser mentality is trying to overcome something that’s 2x your size and has a few of your best athletes playing for them. And then defending them and helping them keep things the way they they are. So you can lose again and again.

Look at the enrollment numbers man. And look at the scores.
Look at the recruits they have.
They want it to stay the way it is so they don’t have to schedule their own size.
They get healthy for the playoffs. Meanwhile all the small schools they beat up are done.
Just my thoughts on it
Hey, you have to beat the best to be the best. That is just a fact. Make all the excuses you want.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Not making excuses. Just wishing there were good games in the area every weekend at more places than there are the way it is.

I like seeing good games between schools of equal size.

Chesapeake is 50 boys short in grades 10-12 of Ironton. Not to mention recruits.
Over 100 boys short in grades 10-12 of Gallia
And I’m sure Fairland is 60 to 80 kids bigger in grades 10-12.

All I was hoping to see was for Chesapeake to do what’s best for themselves instead of doing what’s best for Ironton and Fairland.

No big deal tho.
Maybe you’re right. Maybe they need to just suck it up and learn how to get better.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:51 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:40 pm
By far the worst coached team in ovc play and you have this to say? You should want better for those kids
Amen for this response.
Agree.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:54 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:40 am Just like most struggling teams who want to get rid of their coach, I have to ask, what does the youth program look like at Chesapeake? Do they play amongst themselves or in a league with other teams? Are they developing players, or are the athletes just not there? You can have the best coach in the world, and still isn't going to get you wins if you don't have athletes. Sure, they will play hard and not get beat as bad, but just can't overcome some things. How long has the current coach been there? It's one thing if the kids just don't want to play for him, but it's another if there just isn't athletes period.
Hey, here is the answer. Find teams making the playoffs with losing records and schedule them. Make all the excuses for the current coach playing your kid because it could not be his fault.
Not making any excuses. Just asking questions. And I have zero kids on the team. But nice try. I don’t even know who the coach is there. But if they aren’t invested in the youth there and trying to build a program, then yeah, might be time for change.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:46 pm
And mommy’s little Joey probably didn’t get to play much because of that mean old coach, thus ruining Joey’s lock of a D1 power 5 scholly. Hey if Joey Burrows can do it so can her little Joey if they just get a new coach.
Looks like we hit a nerve lol. Hang in there, tiyr testes will drop someday and you will stop giving excuses for poor performnace. i am sure your wife will appreciate that.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:41 am
NewApproved wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:46 pm

Looks like we hit a nerve lol. Hang in there, tiyr testes will drop someday and you will stop giving excuses for poor performnace. i am sure your wife will appreciate that.
Newapproved must be vying for the HC job. He’ll play Joey more and once those nuts drop he can keep Joey’s mommy happy as I’m sure she’ll want to repay him as a trade off. 😂

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Yes a change is needed at the PEAKE. The talent level may be down for The Peake. Check his record at The Peake and at Rock Hill, not very good.
One problem I see is they keep running the same old offense they have for years and teams in the OVC know this and read just about every play.
I am not a parent who is concerned about their sons playing time, but a graduate and long time booster that is looking for change.

Return to “Football”