State champ picks?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: State champ picks?

Post by Beergogglebluez »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:21 pm For those of you picking Coldwater, they have no QB.
Lost 1st string and 2nd string. Hard to bet against them no matter what they have

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:45 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:16 pm What happen to all the talk about the Tigers running away with DV this year with all that D1 talent they brought in?

Not one person so far has picked them to win it all! Very interesting!!!

Different beast when you leave the region,you can load up with southeastern Ohio talent from all over the surrounding counties and beat up on local,but the big city schools is " still laughing at the competition"
100% accurate. Bigger school, bigger districts, bigger area for kids. It’s a whole new beast east, west and north of us.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:21 pm For those of you picking Coldwater, they have no QB.
No QB? I will take their 3rd team QB to be more of a football player than most in this area. Coldwater may not get it done. They can't win it every year, but until someone beats them, I am fine with picking them, just as I did their MAC brethren. Different football in the MAC

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 pm I believe MSML would win everything D4 and under and would give Chardon or Badin a battle in D3.
AGREE!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:25 pm
No QB? I will take their 3rd team QB to be more of a football player than most in this area. Coldwater may not get it done. They can't win it every year, but until someone beats them, I am fine with picking them, just as I did their MAC brethren. Different football in the MAC
Blasingame going out really did bone Coldwater. My neighbor’s nephew is the kid who filled in at QB vs MSML — “he did what he could, and it was all they asked of him.”

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:36 pm
Blasingame going out really did bone Coldwater. My neighbor’s nephew is the kid who filled in at QB vs MSML — “he did what he could, and it was all they asked of him.”
Best of luck to your neighbor's nephew. With coaching and reps, I bet he is already better than he was last week. I know Coldwater won't back down from a challenge and they won't be facing a team like Marion Local. Will be fun to watch.

cavsfuhball
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsfuhball »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:24 pm
CharlieMurphy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:25 am 1. Lakota West
2. Massillon
3. Youngstown Ursuline
4. Steubenville
5. Valley View
6. Marion Local
7. JFK

I Think many are overlooking valley view as well.
How about Milton Union? Anyone know anything about them? They went undefeated (easily) and gave Valley View their only loss.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:16 pm What happen to all the talk about the Tigers running away with DV this year with all that D1 talent they brought in?

Most people picking Ironton to win it all were you and other Burg posters so you could justify losing to them and to make it look like winning a State Championship was no big deal. You spend way to much time bashing Ironton, let it go !!
You have a lot to be proud of at the Burg, concentrate on that.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Great post Dutch. Everyone knows that theres some luck involved in winning the State. You would also think that someone like him,who's been on this site since its inception,that he would know there are people that stir the pot on here. People not picking a school to win on here doesnt hold water anyways

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:02 am

Most people picking Ironton to win it all were you and other Burg posters so you could justify losing to them and to make it look like winning a State Championship was no big deal. You spend way to much time bashing Ironton, let it go !!
I’ll Pick Ironton To Win It All!! Stand Behind Your Local Teams And Conference!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

REDMEN95 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:17 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:02 am

I’ll Pick Ironton To Win It All!! Stand Behind Your Local Teams And Conference!
I think IHS has a great shot at the title but there were posters making it seem if they didnt the season was a failure.Most of those people were trying to make Pendleton look bad. There is a lot that goes into winning it all, injuries, weather and sometimes simply bad luck can cost you the championship

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

penalties and turnovers

PeakedInHighSchool
Waterboy

Post by PeakedInHighSchool »

Division I - St. Edwards

Division II - Archbishop Hoban

Division III - Ursuline

Division IV - West Holmes

Division V - Ironton

Division VI - Marion Local

Division VII - New Bremen

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Go ahead and pick them That is your choice. Time will tell

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I know that Glenville being in D4 raises some questions about how its even possible, however thats where OHSAA has them. I youtubed their game with a very good D2 Avon and saw a big, fast, very athletic Glenville team. If they don't cruise to the state title the coaching staff should go into hiding.

Return to “Football”