Wheelersburg 59 - 0 Heath 2022 Playoffs

RBH23
SE

Re: Reg 19: #11 Heath @ #6 Wheelersburg

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:45 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Whatever man, your tired old tune is worn out.
Wow, I point out the truth, and people get upset. Obviously painful for some.

If a coach is going to bring in five players capable of playing D1 college football, said coach should get results from such talent. Seriously, how many D1 players does Ironton need to win D5? 15? 20?
Focus on Wheelersburg and trying complete a forward pass. Pirates loaded with offensive weapons and no one has a clue how to use them. Your routine is getting old .
Maybe as a Jackson fan, you should stay off Burg’s topics if you don’t like what Burg fans have to say. Seriously, as a D3 school that has won nothing, you should have plenty to keep you busy with your team.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:48 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Wow, I point out the truth, and people get upset. Obviously painful for some.

If a coach is going to bring in five players capable of playing D1 college football, said coach should get results from such talent. Seriously, how many D1 players does Ironton need to win D5? 15? 20?
Focus on Wheelersburg and trying complete a forward pass. Pirates loaded with offensive weapons and no one has a clue how to use them. Your routine is getting old .
Maybe as a Jackson fan, you should stay off Burg’s topics if you don’t like what Burg fans have to say. Seriously, as a D3 school that has won nothing, you should have plenty to keep you busy with your team.
But we can complete a forward pass so there is that.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:45 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Again, I never said it was a lock. And why not with all the talent? Their coaching.

I watched an overmatched Burg team miraculously beat a far superior Ironton team last year in the playoffs.

I watched a very talented Ironton team get steamrolled by Kirtland in the state.

I have no confidence that Ironton coaching will not steal defeat from the jaws of victory. They tend to do less with more.
Much like Wheelersburg.
Burg has had one power 5 D1 player in the history of the program, and the stadium is named after him.

Burg simply doesn’t typically produce kids like this. Holden was an outlier, and his preferred sport wasn’t even football.
Not so fast my friend……. Lee Ickes 1979 Burg grad played at the University of North Carolina and was a back up
Linebacker to one Lawrence Taylor!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bad Snap wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:55 pm My next staff would be
Scott
Sonny
Yabba-HC

Wow!! Head coach!! Can I call some plays like Zac Taylor does??

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:46 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:21 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:59 am

Wow, sounds like we have our next head coach after Rob retires since you have an answer for every problem they have. Maybe you should join the staff now and fix everything.
Where's the lie? What's wrong with that analysis of the game? You're telling me the coaching staff didn't watch the game/film and come to the same conclusion?

What's the point of this site if not to discuss games that have been or are about to be played? The site is called "Southeastern Ohio Sports Talk" if you don't wanna talk about sports then why are you here?

get outta here
Oh no. It's talk football until some half cocked yocal gets offended then it's mods decide who can talk based on favorites. That's what they do here. Lol. And ya best write your best hallmark sentiment post and fill it fulla "prayers for an injury free, and "this community" pearl clutching. Otherwise ya gonna have issues.

Week 11 and the burg O is a question? Pretty interesting coming from a fanbase that has already chalked up a regional semi final upset of Ironton immediately after losing and failing to score a TD on em week one, as a definite. Lol. Maybe Burg was too occupied keeping track of everyones transfers instead of on being able to score? All that superior coaching and ya questioning play calling? 💀 How dare you pirates. 😂
Well, we definitely know you are a mod favorite. Never heard of a person being able to create 20-plus accounts to bash kids instead of using the main account you formulated here. Based on posts I found in 2018 you aren't even a big Ironton fan to begin with; why do you care so much?

As I have told you on your fake accounts several times, I could care less if you go after a team. Everybody's going to have their opinions on a team with all of the different fanbases and the trash talk that goes on every year. But when you start running individual athletes' games and character down with no basis of fact at all, that's a problem. In my opinion you should have your IP address tracked and never be allowed to post on here again due to attacking kids several times repeatedly.

For the record I don't agree with calling out Ironton's transfers, they/their families are just doing what is best for them and I have no problem with that, but nobody attacked their character or their game that I have seen unless I have missed it, and the name-dropping of transfers at different schools on forums is as common as the sun rising and setting -- Ironton's just getting more heat because they are winning.

With the athletes you have bashed, you attack their game, their character and just straight up say things that have absolutely zero merit to them just because you have this weird disdain for them. I've honestly never seen anything like your posts on a sports forum before since discovering that their were sports forums a decade and a half ago.
Last edited by KCol on Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:55 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:51 pm

Oh no. It's talk football until some half cocked yocal gets offended then it's mods decide who can talk based on favorites. That's what they do here. Lol. And ya best write your best hallmark sentiment post and fill it fulla "prayers for an injury free, and "this community" pearl clutching. Otherwise ya gonna have issues.

Week 11 and the burg O is a question? Pretty interesting coming from a fanbase that has already chalked up a regional semi final upset of Ironton immediately after losing and failing to score a TD on em week one, as a definite. Lol. Maybe Burg was too occupied keeping track of everyones transfers instead of on being able to score?
I know you're trolling, but don't let ppl like Yabba define the entire fan base, no one who really knows what they're talking about is chalking up an Ironton upset. Do I hope we play y'all again? Absolutely. Do I think we can beat y'all? Absolutely.

It'd be against our DNA to not have the mindset that we can beat y'all. But THIS Burg team has been exposed and has serious issues that need resolved before we even think about beating a team like Ironton. Like I said before, if we play/don't adjust like we did last week, we're on upset alert this week.
Im not trolling as much as I am just making sure certain fan bases stand on their claims they been making. You've been fair personally. And I agree. As I believe right now today Burg wants zero smoke with Ironton. They just think they do. That pride might just get em beat by 40 next time. And thats not arrogance.
But are you really a fan of Ironton? Posts from 2018 below from you (under your real account):

"False. Only two ships. That's no legend. That's the ghost of overinflated perception.

As Irontons population declined, school enrollment declined and Lutz deep playoff runs came few and far between. Ironton and Lutz got their ass handed to them in the SEOAL. Left with their tail tucked. Wheelersburg began beating up on Ironton. Population and enrollment also impacts budget as the town gets older and older without being able to find a healthy commute of young families that will continue to balance out the community - the population which is and has remained on a steady 2% decline continues to age - and enrollment and people in the community with young people involved in the program continues dissipating. A few more years pass - the old man is gone, one of the two or three namesakes to the old mans program/monarchy gets the easy nod because - small town nepotism - suddenly they are also getting beaten by Russell and Raceland. In a blink they are in the OVC with an overall school enrollment smaller than that of a South Point. The Wheelersburgs of the world are now making Ironton look like an OVC doormat - week one tune - up - Ironton faithfull finally cave after a year or two of being a local push over and now the new hire.

The truth is Vass or Pendleton or Bob Lutz are likely not as great or awful as any one person describes them to be - BUT the certainty is - regardless who is coaching, Irontons population is STILL declining AND aging. Ironton Highs enrollment is STILL declining and the overall budget per said decline continues to decline also.

It's not about what you speculate. It's not about how you feel. It's not about what you predict. The achilles heel is bigger than football. The reality is when Ironton stopped growing, it began to die. The passing will not come sudden. The disease is terminal. The expiration slow - yet remains steady. You will settle in your reality and find comfort in success at the smaller level you witness yourself currently.

And then, you will dip again. Just as a terminally ill patient or a flower slowly withers and becomes frail the decline almost unnoticeable to the naked eye due to the pace yet undeniable because of the consistency. Make light of reality all that you wish. Scoff at it. Curse and vilify me. Yet make NO MISTAKE.

Ironton High School Fighting Tiger football is approaching an end.
Irontons steady - consistent population decline

2016 10,891 -30 -0.27%
2015 10,921 -87 -0.79%
2014 11,008 -58 -0.52%
2013 11,066 -27 -0.24%
2012 11,093 -36 -0.32%
2011 11,129 0.00%
2010 11,129 -82 -0.73%
2000 11,211 -1,540 -12.08%
1990 12,751 -1,539 -10.77%
1980 14,290 -740 -4.92%
1970 15,030 -715 -4.54%
1960 15,745 -588 -3.60%

Decline - Decline - Decline

Presently the median age average in Ironton

Male - 42
Female- 38

The median age in Ironton is over 2% older than the state average.

Ironton currently has over a 3.1% unemployment rate.

The poverty rate in Ironton is 40% higher than the national average.

In approximately a 5 year span Irontons enrollment decreased by 100 students. 100!

The population is Still In steady decline.

The median age is aging.

Seriously - where is the numbers and the people going to come from that will be significant enough to change the steady population decline and counter the aging median average in order to sustain this school and this football program over the next 5 - 10 years as well as long term?

And for those of you who do not find reality as a significant variable consider this.

Presently just below 400 student enrollment.

Per the above in 5 years or so you will be around 300 total enrollment or just below.

The roster will dip from 40 to around 30 or so - and so on and so on.

This is just the truth. I have no emotional investment whatsoever. The question is still valid and relevant to the discussion.

There is only so much a coach or coaches can do. They cannot change any of these applicable factors.

So what should your TRUE and realistic expectations be?

It is food for thought.

Are you prepared to accept the reality of the inevitable?

How is depth possible with such a small roster and overall enrollment? Against who? Another rinky dink OVC cream puff? How will the depth match up against teams with ACTUAL depth like Wheelersburg or Ashland?

No such thing as depth when you have a 30 or 40 man roster and your playing against the same. Depth will only play a role against the programs that actually have depth.

From what I have seen now from Ironton for the last few years is they are slow and small and they struggle in coverage against spread teams. I dont expect the slow or small to change. If this team is gonna make any imrpovements AT ALL they are gonna have to improve a lot as it concerns conditioning and technique because as far as athletes go - they just dont have any horses."

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I read the title of this thread thinking I might get to see some info on Heath or maybe some talk of the game but instead all I see is people running down the Pirates, who by the way have more SOC titles than any other school in the conference and just as many state titles as any other school in southeastern Ohio and yet they are losing their edge and just plain suck now.

So back to the games, do they start at 7:00 or 7:30 tonight?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:57 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:48 pm

But we can complete a forward pass so there is that.
Congrats. I bet the trophy for that looks great in the case!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:09 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:45 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Much like Wheelersburg.
Burg has had one power 5 D1 player in the history of the program, and the stadium is named after him.

Burg simply doesn’t typically produce kids like this. Holden was an outlier, and his preferred sport wasn’t even football.
Not so fast my friend……. Lee Ickes 1979 Burg grad played at the University of North Carolina and was a back up
Linebacker to one Lawrence Taylor!
Good catch. I stand corrected.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:25 pm I read the title of this thread thinking I might get to see some info on Heath or maybe some talk of the game but instead all I see is people running down the Pirates, who by the way have more SOC titles than any other school in the conference and just as many state titles as any other school in southeastern Ohio and yet they are losing their edge and just plain suck now.

So back to the games, do they start at 7:00 or 7:30 tonight?
I’m curious what we should expect from Burg tonight. The O has seemed off the past two games. Not exactly sure why.

Hope to see the O we saw against Waverly.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

is there a link to game?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Arthur stating LB for Salyers

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jones 34 yard pass to the endzone to Warren. Best throw he’s made all season 👏🏽

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Pound em Burg !

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

shoutout to Eli Jones, this is the best he’s looked passing. Ever.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:00 pm shoutout to Eli Jones, this is the best he’s looked passing. Ever.
Nice 👍

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:00 pm

Week 11 and the burg O is a question? Pretty interesting coming from a fanbase that has already chalked up a regional semi final upset of Ironton immediately after losing and failing to score a TD on em week one, as a definite. Lol. Maybe Burg was too occupied keeping track of everyones transfers instead of on being able to score?
I know you're trolling, but don't let ppl like Yabba define the entire fan base, no one who really knows what they're talking about is chalking up an Ironton upset. Do I hope we play y'all again? Absolutely. Do I think we can beat y'all? Absolutely.

It'd be against our DNA to not have the mindset that we can beat y'all. But THIS Burg team has been exposed and has serious issues that need resolved before we even think about beating a team like Ironton. Like I said before, if we play/don't adjust like we did last week, we're on upset alert this week.
I got the Pirates on upset alert too. When you struggle to put up points ya gotta be at least that. Especially cause they can most def be scored on. That said I think burg pulls it out.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:07 pm
Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:00 pm

I got the Pirates on upset alert too. When you struggle to put up points ya gotta be at least that. Especially cause they can most def be scored on. That said I think burg pulls it out.
BURG on upset alert...

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Air Raid!!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

If Burg has finally fixed their passing problems, watch out 😯