Portsmouth West 21 - 0 Columbus Academy 2022 Playoffs

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Round 2 Columbus Academy @ Portsmouth West

Post by Pinwheel »

C A ,will be the best team west has faced this year ,and I'm guessing more speed then west has seen. The Question is can they stop west run game.?
I like to see a Ironton vs west game week 3

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:45 pm C A ,will be the best team west has faced this year ,and I'm guessing more speed then west has seen. The Question is can they stop west run game.?
I like to see a Ironton vs west game week 3
Burg would beat C.A so I think West if they play like they did against Burg should win imo

Burg grad 85
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CA must've had a heck of a game to put a beat down on Centerburg like that, CA put Piketon out of the playoffs last year in a close one. CA will have some speed offensively but I think West size can wear them down, West has some speed and they've got to keep the WRs in front of them. I think this is a game Sissel is going to have to carry them to victory for them to pull it off. I'll take West by 14

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

This game likely comes down to how well West can defend the pass, and if CA can handle Sissel.. whichever gives more will determine the outcome.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Re: Region 19- Second Round- #13 Columbus Academy @ #5 Portsmouth West

Post by CrackBack46 »

Pinwheel wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:57 pm Yes because we all know , Portsmouth doesn't hata chance in hell against Ironton
Correct. Running clock again

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Siders against Columbus Academy. Use that home game as a big advantage.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I will take West but CA always plays a tough schedule and won’t go easy. West has the better team, just has to execute. Would love 3 SEO teams to be there with Prep for a spot in the state semis.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:18 pm CA must've had a heck of a game to put a beat down on Centerburg like that, CA put Piketon out of the playoffs last year in a close one. CA will have some speed offensively but I think West size can wear them down, West has some speed and they've got to keep the WRs in front of them. I think this is a game Sissel is going to have to carry them to victory for them to pull it off. I'll take West by 14
I thought Harvest Prep beat Piketon last year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Academy will be a tough out. West by a score.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

tigercat74 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:04 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:18 pm CA must've had a heck of a game to put a beat down on Centerburg like that, CA put Piketon out of the playoffs last year in a close one. CA will have some speed offensively but I think West size can wear them down, West has some speed and they've got to keep the WRs in front of them. I think this is a game Sissel is going to have to carry them to victory for them to pull it off. I'll take West by 14
Nope CA beat Piketon and lost to Prep the next week.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

CA is tuff hope they keep winning so we can see em again in the playoffs!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:03 am CA is tuff hope they keep winning so we can see em again in the playoffs!
West is pretty tough too.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I don't think these city slickers may not know what they could be in for going against these corn bread eating country boys.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

CA will be well coached. They have speed. They don’t look to have a great deal of size.

I would expect them to try and stack the box to stop the run as everyone has this year. West is difficult to defend. If West can hit them with a couple passes I think Sissel has a big night.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nope, CA beat Piketon last year, you're thinking of the year before with Prep beating Piketon in the covid year.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Columbus Academy's regular season schedule

University School L 34-13
at KIPP Columbus W 42-8
Newark Catholic Cancelled
Harvest Prep L 38-16
at Columbus Ready L 49-21
Buckeye Valley L 22-0
at Fort Loramie L 21-14
at Grandview Hts W 42-0
Bexley W 37-6
at Whitehall W 20-19 (ot)

There was a school tragedy (not sure what happen) that caused Newark Catholic game cancelled. Won last 3 games- Grandview and Bexley not very good but it turned the season around. Seem to be rolling now- not real big as mentioned but do have a few playmakers. They will throw and run the ball- pick your poison. I have not seen Portsmouth West play but would try and stop the run and take my chances with the pass. This game I think could go either way but West playing at home- give West the nod.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:01 pm
Nope, CA beat Piketon last year, you're thinking of the year before with Prep beating Piketon in the covid year.
Thanks. My memory not what it used to be. Aging is a b*tch

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Should be the best game of the week in Region19

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Academy is battle tested, they have played harvest prep who should in the in regional final. I hope west wins Friday. Going west by a score.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Academy is battle tested but if them country boys from West est their bikuits and Gravy Friday morning it won't be purdy ,I got west by fourteen

Return to “Football”