Round 3- #5. Coal Grove (8-4) Vs # 1. Fort Frye (11-1)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Round 3- #5. Coal Grove (8-4) Vs # 1. Fort Frye (11-1)

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:46 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:40 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:09 pm inb4 all the groaning about this game being played at Lancaster.
Myself, I always thought that Lancaster was a great place to be hosting playoff games. Ten or twelve years ago, if they would have had tuff instead of grass, I think they would have continued hosting regularly.
Lancaster can be an above-average place to watch a game at. It’ll be a little “out of the way” for the fans of both teams, but it’s a very respectable facility. I would put it in the top half, at least, of SEO facilities for playoff purposes.
Agree. It's probably been 12-13 years since I went to a playoff game there. Even though their Gymnasium was a little older, I went to quite a few girls basketball tournament games there.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

I can't see a team beating FF that doesn't pass the ball at all, I don't care how good the running back is, 41-21 FF.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:59 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:58 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:33 pm

Fort is playing its best right now. I think LOS is where they are the best.

FF been playing it’s best for some time now. they are gonna get that trophy in the case at some point. Coal Grove can run the football well and i know you know this but for those that don’t. you may wanna read a scouting report about coal grove cause they have a workhorse in the backfield too and for there to be a workhorse in the backfield means there’s some mules up front

the biggest reason i think coal grove COULD not WILL give FF trouble is because they can do the same things FF does

again. i don’t have a dog in the fight just simply a life fan of high school football and i coukd see Coal grove givin FF run. again. who wins the LOS.

Coal Grove won’t know where the ball is. Also Cadets DL and those 2 Mlbs are going to put on a show.

you sound exited as you should.

bring that intensity when you got a date with Jackson. not CG.

CG will hit FF. is it enuff to win 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

we shall see. FF will have a trophy sooner then later and when you do. don’t find a reason to run from the Ironmen

good luck

OH High school playoff football 💪

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I feel pretty certain Fort Frye will not be able to be up by 40 points at halftime against Coal Grove.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:37 pm

FF been playing it’s best for some time now. they are gonna get that trophy in the case at some point. Coal Grove can run the football well and i know you know this but for those that don’t. you may wanna read a scouting report about coal grove cause they have a workhorse in the backfield too and for there to be a workhorse in the backfield means there’s some mules up front

the biggest reason i think coal grove COULD not WILL give FF trouble is because they can do the same things FF does

again. i don’t have a dog in the fight just simply a life fan of high school football and i coukd see Coal grove givin FF run. again. who wins the LOS.

Coal Grove won’t know where the ball is. Also Cadets DL and those 2 Mlbs are going to put on a show.

we shall see. FF will have a trophy sooner then later and when you do. don’t find a reason to run from the Ironmen

good luck

I probably shouldn't even post this here, as it's a Coal Grove vs Fort Frye thread. Maybe you're kidding, but what could Jackson possibly gain in being a Div-3 school, by being able to beat a Div-6 school in Fort Frye? I realize that you are a big Ironmen fan, and that is great. I go to quite a few Ironmen games myself. Shouldn't a Div-3 school beat a Div-6 school? I've even wondered at times about Div-5 Ironton and Wheelersburg. Maybe I'm the only one that looks at it this way?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 pm

good luck

I probably shouldn't even post this here, as it's a Coal Grove vs Fort Frye thread. Maybe you're kidding, but what could Jackson possibly gain in being a Div-3 school, by being able to beat a Div-6 school in Fort Frye? I realize that you are a big Ironmen fan, and that is great. I go to quite a few Ironmen games myself. Shouldn't a Div-3 school beat a Div-6 school? I've even wondered at times about Div-5 Ironton and Wheelersburg. Maybe I'm the only one that looks at it this way?
I agree with you. Jackson is massive. They should win. Comparing d3 to d6 is amusing.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

good luck

They didn’t run from Jackson they needed a home game. Why would Fort go to Jackson when they had a D3 home game vs Zanesville?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:59 pm

good luck

They didn’t run from Jackson they needed a home game. Why would Fort go to Jackson when they had a D3 home game vs Zanesville?
I was not trying to throw shade at Fort Frye, if any Div-6 school could play and compete against a Div-3 school, it would be FF. I'm a FF fan and have been for quite awhile. All I'm saying is that in most cases, a Div-3 school should be able to beat a Div-6 school. Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, that's just how I feel about it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:40 pm

good luck

I was not trying to throw shade at Fort Frye, if any Div-6 school could play and compete against a Div-3 school, it would be FF. I'm a FF fan and have been for quite awhile. All I'm saying is that in most cases, a Div-3 school should be able to beat a Div-6 school. Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, that's just how I feel about it.
I agree it does sound silly for a D3 school to be calling out a D6 school.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:41 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:40 pm

I agree it does sound silly for a D3 school to be calling out a D6 school.
It's like beating a drum for Mount Union to schedule Ohio State.

They're in completely different divisions and there's no reason for the game to happen.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 pm

good luck

just aggervating him haha. nothing personal

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good luck

just ruffling ya haha. nuttN personal or anything like that ha.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Can’t wait to see 21 in the hole Vs 59 Keegan Strode that will be fun to watch.

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

If they wanted a place that was in-between, Jackson might have been a good site.

When I heard about River and Caldwell, I jokingly asked a guy if they would be playing at Zanesville or Steubenville.

I understand why OHSAA wants neutral sites. At the same time, this site could impact attendance on both sides.

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

https://goo.gl/maps/99gHfY3c6wNVhLjw8

Here is Fort Frye to Fulton Field.

59.9 miles, 1:24

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

Here is Dawson-Bryant to Fulton Field:

https://goo.gl/maps/nrh9GsMWKv5SromT7

111 miles, 2:07

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

Here is a trip between the schools:

https://goo.gl/maps/GNgUy1wvDtmJ6Qme8

127 miles, 2:30

Bearcats80
Freshman Team

Post by Bearcats80 »

Is Fort Frye in a conference?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bearcats80 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:20 pm Is Fort Frye in a conference?
Twin State League that was just formed

Marietta
Warren
Point Pleasant
Fort Frye

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

algernonsidney wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:10 pm At the same time, this site could impact attendance on both sides.
Yeah, well, Canton in December is further.

Return to “Football”