Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

Post by 522Pirate »

As a Burg fan I’d like to say that I have no problem driving 3.5 hours, 1.5 hours, 10 minutes, etc etc. to root on the Pirates. As for the comments from Football Fan, he doesn’t speak for the vast majority of the Burg residents. The people I talk to in the community and around the program speak of the great opportunity to compete at a high level and strive for greatness against another outstanding opponent.

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

Gonna go with the Burg on this one. Gonna be tough but think they can pull it out. I support all local teams regardless. Would rather see someone from southeastern Ohio win compared to the northerners.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:14 pm
smurray wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:01 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:18 am And the game wound up at Nelsonville because Jackson is playing in Chillicothe. Nelsonville isn't bad as long as they leave the grills at home. Nothing like the smell of burned hamburgers. Thanks Nelsonville for hosting. Sorry I posted something related to the game. Peace
These two teams played at Waverly last year..... was hoping Waverly got it again, NO IDEA WHY THEY DIDN'T.
I heard Prep cried about playing there last year. Not sure why

Also heard OHSAA told Nelsonville they would get them a game this year.

So, not for sure what the problem was with playing at Waverly.
If I remember correctly they didn’t like that the travel time was almost double what ours is to Waverly.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:02 am Highest in D5 by 15 ok your probably right but I’m sure i could find other schools with way more than 81. Question have you seen Prep play this season? If so name some players that stand out to you and I’ll show you them in little league playing together, Jr High at Prep or them as freshman at Prep.
Prep went from D7 to d5 in one year must have been a large freshman class

Raider2
Riding the Bench

Post by Raider2 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:28 pm Prep went from D7 to d5 in one year must have been a large freshman class
Prep is still the same size as Trimble

On Probation :mrgreen:
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Prep may stream, they may have 3 or 4 wanting to watch.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

522Pirate wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:22 pm As a Burg fan I’d like to say that I have no problem driving 3.5 hours, 1.5 hours, 10 minutes, etc etc. to root on the Pirates. As for the comments from Football Fan, he doesn’t speak for the vast majority of the Burg residents. The people I talk to in the community and around the program speak of the great opportunity to compete at a high level and strive for greatness against another outstanding opponent.
Travel time is so irrelevant. The idea that these 17-18 year old kids aren’t going to be fired up for one of the biggest games of their lives because they spent 2 hours on a bus 3 hours ago is just dumb. Maybe if one school drove 7 hours and the other school was at home, I’d buy it. But both of these teams will be ready to go far before kick. My guess is the Wheelersburg faithful will find a way to make it in droves as well.

MrAccount_Ability

Post by MrAccount_Ability »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:31 pm
522Pirate wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:22 pm As a Burg fan I’d like to say that I have no problem driving 3.5 hours, 1.5 hours, 10 minutes, etc etc. to root on the Pirates. As for the comments from Football Fan, he doesn’t speak for the vast majority of the Burg residents. The people I talk to in the community and around the program speak of the great opportunity to compete at a high level and strive for greatness against another outstanding opponent.
Travel time is so irrelevant. The idea that these 17-18 year old kids aren’t going to be fired up for one of the biggest games of their lives because they spent 2 hours on a bus 3 hours ago is just dumb. Maybe if one school drove 7 hours and the other school was at home, I’d buy it. But both of these teams will be ready to go far before kick. My guess is the Wheelersburg faithful will find a way to make it in droves as well.
Stay classy wheelersburg
Attachments
Screenshot_20221107_133806.jpg

MrAccount_Ability

Post by MrAccount_Ability »

Looks like it has also made it to facebook. Nice job soeps.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221107_134226.jpg

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I’ll have a couple open seats in the vehicle and I’ll even buy extra tickets for a few wanting to go!

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

Agreed. They both will be ready. Both defenses are good. Harvest Prep's offense just has more than the Pirates based on film. Will be cheering our Warriors to a great game. Truth is, they want more, a lot more then just this win. Internally - preparing there best to win so they can keep moving to reach their ultimate goal. Finally playing a quality and highly competitive team will bring out the best in everyone. Let Go Warriors!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I know the players couldnt care less where they play. But, some traveling fans that actually work for a living sure care. The mystery is how OHSAA comes up with site location. Anyway, watch out for the deer in your travels!!

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Speaking of traveling, 32 east is a mess in Athens.
Attachments
90739C63-FB96-408D-803E-AC804F44375E.png

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:14 am For a football thread, we sure talk about all kinds of crazy stuff. None of it matters on the field. Oh, I forgot except for the recruiting and transfers. That is always a topic of discussion. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, and I made a comment about the Burg fan base which I was said to be bitching. It's true though, they are spoiled by having a tradition of being successful on the field and when they aren't playing Ironton, Jackson or West the stands aren't as full as they normally would be. Sorry people get butt hurt about the truth.
shouldn’t be any recruiting or transfer talk in this game. does anyone actually live in wheelersburg ?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg going to be playing with a lot of emotion and a heavy heart this Friday!!

Pirates community lost one of their own tragically this past weekend. Former Burg Ol/Dl Alex George. He was a Senior member and huge part of the 2017 State championship team.

RIP #52!! Godspeed young man!!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm Burg going to be playing with a lot of emotion and a heavy heart this Friday!!

Pirates community lost one of their own tragically this past weekend. Former Burg Ol/Dl Alex George. He was a Senior member and huge part of the 2017 State championship team.

Hate to hear that, prayers for the family and community.

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

Looks like the posts were deleted but I'm a man of my word and did some investigation into the allegations laid in this thread earlier. I called Harvest Prep and asked the administration about claims of damage in the parking lot and they were very concerned and eventually got through to the Principal and AD to address my concerns. No reports of damage have been filed with them and they said that they would investigate further. I also asked what police jurisdiction they were in and was told Columbus. I called Columbus police and they too had no reports of damage or vandalism.

The posts have since been deleted but it looks like someone was really salty and spreading lies about that school. That's pretty cowardly if you ask me and says a lot about the "supposed" fan of West Muskingum. I say supposed because I don't want to lump a school in with a person like that. But you can make your own conclusion about said person.
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm Burg going to be playing with a lot of emotion and a heavy heart this Friday!!

Thoughts and prayers that's tough.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Good luck Burg and don't really get why Nelsonville is hosting cause they are still in the playoffs. I was hoping for Chillicothe But I guess Jackson got that venue so why not Waverly like last year?? Did Waverly not want too host ?? I don't get it.. but I would travel 500 miles to watch Burg if I had too that round trip to Barnsville last week was close to 400 miles. And prayers to the Geaoge family he was was an awesome young man and good football player that played a huge part in the 2017 state run so my prayers go out to all his family

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:17 pm Good luck Burg and don't really get why Nelsonville is hosting cause they are still in the playoffs. I was hoping for Chillicothe But I guess Jackson got that venue so why not Waverly like last year?? Did Waverly not want too host ?? I don't get it.. but I would travel 500 miles to watch Burg if I had too that round trip to Barnsville last week was close to 400 miles. And prayers to the Geaoge family he was was an awesome young man and good football player that played a huge part in the 2017 state run so my prayers go out to all his family

Another reason it should be at Waverly! Didn’t they live stream this game last year or did someone just FB live it? I do remember watching it but can’t remember where.

If NY is allowed to film it and charge why wouldn’t they? Lot of older people that can’t make would probably gladly pay to be able to watch it.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hated to hear of this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers for the family and the Wheelersburg community 🙏

Return to “Football”