Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Is Pittman playing for Ironton?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:00 pm
XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:54 am
mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am

Geez. I could coach those rosters bro. He should be winning. How many teams have one d1 let alone 3? Plus a go zillion transfers. I’d be ashamed if he didn’t win. I mean how hard do you have to game plan, when all you have to do is say run pitch right to carrico. Lol
Same type of kids were at Ironton before and they weren’t going D1. Coach Lutz sent the occasional. I’ve heard some of you even say it’s the recruiting guys. Well don’t they represent kids from other schools in area as well. Doesn’t seem to be working for those kids. Wonder what the secret formula is? 😉
:lol:

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media
2. Talk to kids at other schools
3. Go to their basketball games
4. Have a 247 recruiter on staff
5. have head coach be the AD
6. Find apartments for kids to live in
7. Embellish Preferred walk on

I don't know much about lutz, other than I heard he did the same thing, only on the down low. :lol: :lol:

He can't win with out all the talent,he can't have all the talent with out cheating to get it and these losers don't care how he gets it because they are living through the kids brought in because they couldn't get it done and now their kids can't get it done so ,Mr. Shady comes to save the day , there should be an * by all their play off games , because we all know they won't be no state championship he's already proven each year he can't " coach" when it counts

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:07 am

Pendelton took over a team that only had about 30 kids on roster. He wasn’t hired til Middle of May in 2018. He then led our team to Wheelersburg after 2 months facing #1 team in state at that time and cut the deficit from year before in half. Ironton only had a handful of seniors if I recall on that team as well. He then almost beat Ashland a couple weeks later. He lost the final 2 games at end of year while leading. They were hit with Turnover bug in both games and lost. He then goes on to play the Johnstown who finishes the year as State runner-up and running clocked Wheelersburg later in the playoffs and Ironton got to the 1 inch line with 30 secs left in game to win it and Qb fumbled snap. I think it’s safe to say we’re very happy with who we have leading our program. The rest of SEO can’t stand it and I get it but they are going to have to get used to it. HYGT
What happened last year against burg in playoffs?

He’s a good young coach. He’s done a great job of getting work out of kids but he’s been winning with extra help. Good players. Let’s see him a few years down the road. He’s got a great 8th and 9th grade class. Let’s see what he can do with those guys and no transfers. Maybe his first year was his best year coaching
What happened is Ironton was down to a player who was a athlete not a QB and couldn’t pass.
Burg loaded the box smartly and forced Ironton to pass.
Results was several interceptions and that changed the game.
Don’t act like Burg beat Ironton at full strength
Get by Harvest Prep and Ironton gets by West.
Then see what the talk is.
So quit beating your chest on last year beating a QB 3 who was more a athlete than a passer.
Burg was limping into the Ironton game as well. Slot was hurt and their starting DE was out. Can't make excuses and You do know that QB your referring to finished the first game after the QB1 got hurt, actually played very well.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Pinwheel wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:56 pm

Same type of kids were at Ironton before and they weren’t going D1. Coach Lutz sent the occasional. I’ve heard some of you even say it’s the recruiting guys. Well don’t they represent kids from other schools in area as well. Doesn’t seem to be working for those kids. Wonder what the secret formula is? 😉

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media

I don't know much about lutz, other than I heard he did the same thing, only on the down low. :lol: :lol:

He can't win with out all the talent,he can't have all the talent with out cheating to get it and these losers don't care how he gets it because they are living through the kids brought in because they couldn't get it done and now their kids can't get it done so ,Mr. Shady comes to save the day , there should be an * by all their play off games , because we all know they won't be no state championship he's already proven each year he can't " coach" when it counts
Are you meaning this towards Coach Pendleton?

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Post by iplayfootball »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:07 am

Pendelton took over a team that only had about 30 kids on roster. He wasn’t hired til Middle of May in 2018. He then led our team to Wheelersburg after 2 months facing #1 team in state at that time and cut the deficit from year before in half. Ironton only had a handful of seniors if I recall on that team as well. He then almost beat Ashland a couple weeks later. He lost the final 2 games at end of year while leading. They were hit with Turnover bug in both games and lost. He then goes on to play the Johnstown who finishes the year as State runner-up and running clocked Wheelersburg later in the playoffs and Ironton got to the 1 inch line with 30 secs left in game to win it and Qb fumbled snap. I think it’s safe to say we’re very happy with who we have leading our program. The rest of SEO can’t stand it and I get it but they are going to have to get used to it. HYGT
What happened last year against burg in playoffs?

He’s a good young coach. He’s done a great job of getting work out of kids but he’s been winning with extra help. Good players. Let’s see him a few years down the road. He’s got a great 8th and 9th grade class. Let’s see what he can do with those guys and no transfers. Maybe his first year was his best year coaching
What happened is Ironton was down to a player who was a athlete not a QB and couldn’t pass.
Burg loaded the box smartly and forced Ironton to pass.
Results was several interceptions and that changed the game.
Don’t act like Burg beat Ironton at full strength
Get by Harvest Prep and Ironton gets by West.
Then see what the talk is.
So quit beating your chest on last year beating a QB 3 who was more a athlete than a passer.

gotta get past west my man

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I know Ironton needs to get by West.
Never said they didn’t I also said it would be a good game but Ironton will win by 3 scores in the end.
I believe in Ironton’s depth and talent.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:07 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 pm when was the 1st meeting ? i thought ironton gave West their only loss this year ? i could be wrong on that and don’t quote me sayin that’s true. i just think it. any one confirm ?
Fairland beat West this year.

it was burg west played inwas thinkin of. thanks.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

I'm not from Ironton, but if I had a kid that played football, I'd defiantly send him to Ironton to play for a young man that had no coaching experience and have the success he has. he's won more games in five years than most coaches around here in 10-15 years. I'll be at the game cheering for the Tigers for representing our community. the Haters on here that know it all are so jealous of kids who want to have fun playing the game and the opportunities that comes with it. and it's really disgusting to read this trash from you all that hate success. Kids moving to Ironton usually means they don't like what's going on at their school. Maybe you should do some soul searching and figure out what Ironton has that you school doesn't.
Best of Luck to both teams Friday.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

RRX.2020 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:44 pm I'm not from Ironton, but if I had a kid that played football, I'd defiantly send him to Ironton to play for a young man that had no coaching experience and have the success he has. he's won more games in five years than most coaches around here in 10-15 years. I'll be at the game cheering for the Tigers for representing our community. the Haters on here that know it all are so jealous of kids who want to have fun playing the game and the opportunities that comes with it. and it's really disgusting to read this trash from you all that hate success. Kids moving to Ironton usually means they don't like what's going on at their school. Maybe you should do some soul searching and figure out what Ironton has that you school doesn't.
I mean if you don’t have a dog in the fight you could come to the game and root for a team that’s made it just as far with just the hometown boys that’s only did things the right way. There is 2-4 boys on this team that’s gonna go play ball somewhere at college. What’s the difference at that point?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

RRX.2020 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:44 pm I'm not from Ironton, but if I had a kid that played football, I'd defiantly send him to Ironton to play for a young man that had no coaching experience and have the success he has. he's won more games in five years than most coaches around here in 10-15 years. I'll be at the game cheering for the Tigers for representing our community. the Haters on here that know it all are so jealous of kids who want to have fun playing the game and the opportunities that comes with it. and it's really disgusting to read this trash from you all that hate success. Kids moving to Ironton usually means they don't like what's going on at their school. Maybe you should do some soul searching and figure out what Ironton has that you school doesn't.
I’m not from Ironton but I’ll be cheering for the tigers for representing our community…

Lol where are you from then?

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:08 pm
I mean if you don’t have a dog in the fight you could come to the game and root for a team that’s made it just as far with just the hometown boys that’s only did things the right way. There is 2-4 boys on this team that’s gonna go play ball somewhere at college. What’s the difference at that point?
Yeah well your coach hasn’t tweeted it enough for it to be relevant

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:18 pm
I’m not from Ironton but I’ll be cheering for the tigers for representing our community…

Lol where are you from then?

He’s from Lucasville…I meant Ashland, maybe it was Huntington. Born in Mississippi though. Currently may reside in Pedro. Good fella

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Pinwheel wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:56 pm

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media

Your user name should be Pinhead not Pinwheel, because I could fit every intelligent comment you've ever made on the head of a pin.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I heard today about another key loss for West due to injury.
Prayers for the young man. The mountain just keeps getting steeper and steeper for West.

WWE HALL OF FAME
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Does anyone know if the marching bands will be playing at this game?

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:38 pm Does anyone know if the marching bands will be playing at this game?
YES!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:48 am
BigSpoon wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:59 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:00 am

Oh, I'm sorry did I talk about the score?? Nope I talked about Hall--153 yards on 24 carries or 6.4 yards per carry to the only player on CG that Ironton had to worry about stopping, so no they didn't stop him. When you stop a guy see you do like Kirtland did they knew they had to stop Ironton's rushing attack so in back to back years 48 yards rushing and 45 yards rushing as a team R. Carrico 11 rushes 35 yards in game 2. See that's stopping. 100% Ironton won the game and walked all over CG but the only game plan going up against CG is stop Hall or slow attempt to slow him down, didn't happen.
😂😂😂😂😂 definitely cg mentality right there
OOOOK, makes absolutely zero sense but hey go for it man. Most Ironton fans simply can't handle the true numbers anyways sort of a head in the sand approach, it's no big deal you guys won the game. Sort of funny how you guys cling to me mentioning his rushing stats, you guys won what 55-6 and you're still bitter about Hall running the way he did against you and all those D1 guys you hang your hats on, lol. You guys are some different kind of fans.
Team effort! CG got that butt whooped on both sides the ball! Only someone from cg would say…but we rushed for a 100 yards after getting beat 55-6 🥴

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

NoseyRosey wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way
You realize transfers are kids, right? So small minded

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

NoseyRosey wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:17 am
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:44 am
NoseyRosey wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way
[/quote

Why don’t you just tell us you’re small minded and ate up with play where you were born BS 🤣
People are small minded for appreciating a coach working hard with the kids he has instead of running around at exposure events, basketball games, and college camps trying to recruit? It's just more rewarding to see coaches invest in improving student athletes rather than trying to replace them.
Haha you are so goofy! 😂😂 you must be mad he didn’t try to “recruit” your kid

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

iplayfootball wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 am
fielddaddy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:43 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 pm

Oh so now we're taking away plays he made? Interesting I didn't realize we could do that in football but hey if that's what gets you to the we shut him down point have it. We all know it's not true, Kirtland 2 years in a row shutdown the rushing attack for the entire game, not a big run here or there entire game, that's shutting down.
I am saying Ironton made adjustments to shut Hsll down.
You tried to make it sound that Hall was unstoppable I’m not taking nothing away from the young man he is a tremendous Football player.
Yes Kirkland shut down Ironton’s running game 2 years in a row.
Kirkland is a tremendous football team.
How did Burg fair against Kirkland ???????
Oh that’s right Burg didn’t make it to the State Championship game 2 years in a row to get blasted by the best team in Div V those 2 years.
Win or not it’s still something to get that far.
Burg didn’t couldn’t get there Ironton did and did their best with a young coach only getting better every year with or without transfers like it or not.
with or without transfers? funny of you to think that they wouldn't be just like the 2018 team that went 6-5.
Pendleton changed Ironton because of his social media status and the ability he has to recruit , not because he is a great coach.
not taking him anything away from the guy , but he is not the best coach in the world, he just knows what he's doing when it comes to getting the best athletes.
They can be getting beat by 50 and when cg scores a td against Ironton the fans go wild. Its like winning the superbowl to them

Return to “Football”