Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by Bad Snap »

Maybe read better

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:16 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:05 am The stadium should seat everyone with no problem. It’s not a particularly large stadium, about the size of Jackson’s

Here’s a video about the stadium
https://youtu.be/dXeYxYQl_Z4
Looks like it’s noticeably smaller than Jackson holding 4500 in the bleachers.

You are correct! I did a cursory look\listen and thought the 4400 was just home side. Its not only that big of a stadium but seats 1,000 less than Ironton, let alone Jackson's awesome field.

I wonder how many will show up who support neither school, especially to see Cincinnati recruit, Ty Perkins? Also to see a team who's outscored their first four playoff opponents by 168 - 21. That's pretty darn impressive

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

This Pirate will be rooting for ironton…I’m thinking VV is pretty much a power team and if so ironton I think beats them worse than they beat Prep…go tigahs!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Valley View looks quick but I think Ironton pulls this out with a 35-14 win what Ironton did to Prep was just unreal they shut their speed down and just blew them away with the passing game.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

This!
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I wouldn’t be surprised if fickel or some of the bearcats staff come and watch Friday night. Bearcats play at home at noon Friday. May want to see the U.C commits in town.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:18 am
Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:54 am

these weren’t kids… as always good luck to the Burg in the rest of their athletic seasons.

Then that’s pretty sad.
Hold on? They are saying a bunch of Ironton kids skipped Ironton's game in Portsmouth to drive two hours to Nelsonville York just to root against Burg? I'd take that with a grain of salt. Were they wearing orange? Its hunting season, lots people own orange winter gear. Now who else might be wearing orange at NY? HMM orange and white are NY's school colors

Nope. Last years Burg-Hp game at Waverly after burg beat Ironton the week before.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

okaybro69012 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:09 am I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.
Agreed. Don’t forget 44, Copas I think. Sophomore as well. The linebacker position looks to be well stocked for the future with tackling machines

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Outoftowner wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 pm
okaybro69012 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:09 am I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.
Agreed. Don’t forget 44, Copas I think. Sophomore as well. The linebacker position looks to be well stocked for the future with tackling machines
The JV team was loaded, 8th grade gave up zero points. Tigers will be tough for a few years.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:24 pm This Pirate will be rooting for ironton…I’m thinking VV is pretty much a power team and if so ironton I think beats them worse than they beat Prep…go tigahs!
It’s over don’t keep rubbing it in now there lil fellar 😂

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Ironton 28-14

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

Outoftowner wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 pm
I don’t think 44 is a linebacker. But even so, will be very difficult to reload after losing these backers. Outside backers should be fairly deep but not sure about inside. Who will stick their nose in there to meet a fullback head on will be determined.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:35 pm Valley View looks quick but I think Ironton pulls this out with a 35-14 win what Ironton did to Prep was just unreal they shut their speed down and just blew them away with the passing game.
The plus for Ironton is that I believe VV is the weakest of the four teams left; better to play them in the semis versus having to face LC and South Range back to back. The negative will be if this game is played at Princeton; only about 30-40 minute drive for VV; might as well be a home game.

VV won’t be as athletic as HP, but they’ll have a solid team that knows how to win. VV is a slightly bigger school than Ironton but has a CB of 0. They will have some depth on the team.

The VV community is very much like Burg and Ironton; close knit and football crazy. Kids on this team probably had fathers that played against Burg and Ironton back in the 90’s.

From what I have seen, VV can run and throw the ball. QB moves well and has a good arm. However, In VV’s only loss, they had four turnovers. Also had a few turnovers in the regional finals.

Assuming Ironton doesn’t make a bunch of mistakes, they should win this by 2-3 scores. I don’t see VV having the horses to keep up, but Ironton wants to get off to a fast start and put them away early. VV is not a team you want hanging around.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

VV I believe one year took out Portsmouth and then the next week took out Burg. Had a great QB by the name of Strayer. Played Ironton the next week and he got hurt and knocked out of the game. Ironton went on to win.

I think that was 99. Ironton lost in the finals to Sandusky Perkins!!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:46 pm VV I believe one year took out Portsmouth and then the next week took out Burg. Had a great QB by the name of Strayer. Played Ironton the next week and he got hurt and knocked out of the game. Ironton went on to win.

I think that was 99. Ironton lost in the finals to Sandusky Perkins!!!

Yep you are correct on this. I'm thinking VV was up 27-0 at the half and their QB got his leg broke on the 1st series of the 2nd half and their offense went backwards on every snap the rest of the game. I think the final was something like 34-27. I believe VV would have been state Champs if the QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. I was at that game at Princeton stadium ( same location for Fridays game ) it was one of the biggest come from behind victories I've ever witnessed. Ironton finished 6-3 that year as #8 seed and it was the 1st year the ohsaa took 8 teams from each region. Ironton played 3 pirate teams that season and lost to all of them. Perkins pirates, belfry pirates, and burg pirates. Just couldn't get past those darn pirates.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!
Someone from Prep posted on another thread about Ironton kids sitting with their crowd and cheering against the Burg last year. It happens, doesn't make them bad kids. I remember going to watch Wheelersburg in the state semis in basketball and four guys in Portsmouth gear right behind us cheered against us the entire game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Nobody has to cheer on anyone period, anyone ever think these kids may have friends or even family on other teams ? I bet the coaches wish this all they had to worry about is who's in the stands cheering for me 😂
Not everyone loves you or anyone

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Milton Union -V-Valley view

11/19/22

https://youtu.be/_s5lqtv8xT8

Return to “Football”