Ironton vs Valley View

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by fielddaddy »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:53 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:47 pm Worst refs in the world.
Great game by Tigers but wow those PI calls was awful
A great team will overcome poor officiating b/c sooner or later it gets much too obvious. A great coach teaches his team to overcome adversity and to keep playing hard. Ironton did this tonight!
Ironton made adjustments at half time and poop VV down they overcame the refs and did what they needed to do great win tonight

Easyrider
Waterboy

Post by Easyrider »

Hopefully someone will please post stats for the game when available. Congratulations Ironton !

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Keyes over 1000 they said. He stepped up and played like a man among boys. Glad to see him getting the ball a bit more.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Outside of the punt fumble TD and the back judge extending and ending drives with insane calls, this one wasn’t close. Ironton was sloppy and played their C- game passing and was still comfortable.

Mistakes won’t fly next week. South Range is a whole different animal.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:15 pm Ironton is fine, they've just made a few costly mistakes(14 points) but the Tigers appear to be the better team. I expect the Tigers to settle the game down and roar in the second half and outscore GVV 21-7 for a final of 35-28.
This is a great post

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congratulations Tigers!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

#GoTgo

IronTon rolls out what i have been saying Coach #PenTon & the boys have been holding back on until needed.

Holding that deck of cards close to their chest until need be & that being is the talent is so widespread, literally everyone on offense is full of skill & athleticism & a threat.

VV HAD Perkins tripled up with a 6’6” guy & two other six footers….

SO- 6-7 other IronTon horses step up & win the race fOR IHS & now SEO VIA OVC REPRESENT!!!

KEYES BULLDOZED TO OVER 1000 yards for season & game high of over 150+-not official-

Stop one or two or three or four & 5,6,7 gonna STEP UP!!!

Of course, D, & Special teams a threat too.

STILL- a bit more talent & skill to call on to defeat South Range & it will take IronTon playing loose & “clean” their usual game & they have a chance to bring home the big HAT to SEO!!!

To think 13+ penalties for over 1 fifty -NOT OFFICIAL/just based in what OHSAA.TV announcers were putting out there & in shock at horrible officiating verbally on air-

IHS D HOLDS VV TO 0 after being down 21-7 & wins 35-21.

WOW
WOW
WOW.

#BeThe Storm
#GoTgo

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Anyone else stick around and hear the announcer singing the praises of the officials , how they done such a great job and how lucky we were to have them blah blah blah.... I about choked 😁

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

state finals Itown

💪💪💪

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Congratulations Tigers! Great second half. Good luck next week vs South Range. Should be another good one.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

People are complaining about the officials.. it was mainly the back judge.. same guy called the 3 PI's, 2 defensive and the worst was the offensive pi..
And as bad as he was..
I have to ask, how int he world did that place get to host a state semi-final??
Porta-potties??? One window opened @ concession stand??
For a school Princeton's size, terrible and under-staffed..

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 am People are complaining about the officials.. it was mainly the back judge.. same guy called the 3 PI's, 2 defensive and the worst was the offensive pi..
And as bad as he was..
I have to ask, how int he world did that place get to host a state semi-final??
Porta-potties??? One window opened @ concession stand??
For a school Princeton's size, terrible and under-staffed..
Never seen anything like those refs! Hope I never do again in my lifetime. The one especially needs to be looked into and removed from officiating. If he cannot been unbiased, he's no business doing it. Perhaps he's somehow mentally challenged? suffers from a severe vision loss? Either way its time to put the ole fellow out to pasture.

I have to say, the last few years I've been impressed, actually been very pleasantly surprised...with post season officiating but last night the baby went out with the bathwater.

Yeah, it wasn't great. Portsmouth or Jackson would have done us right, they always have

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Ohionut8
Waterboy

Post by Ohionut8 »

Non biased view from the stands. Officials overall were good, no way the back judge should ever be doing a playoff game, both defensive pi’s were terrible calls, especially the second one. The offensive pi was legit, but after the other calls I can understand Ironton fans losing all objectivity. Thankfully neither bad calls affected the outcome. Congratulations to the tigers and good luck moving on to next week.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ohionut8 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:02 pm Non biased view from the stands. Officials overall were good, no way the back judge should ever be doing a playoff game, both defensive pi’s were terrible calls, especially the second one. The offensive pi was legit, but after the other calls I can understand Ironton fans losing all objectivity. Thankfully neither bad calls affected the outcome. Congratulations to the tigers and good luck moving on to next week.
Saw the same. The D PIs were simply atrocious calls. The O PI looked legit, but IHS fans were rightfully already torqued off.

This game went about as expected. VV could not afford losing the turnover battle, yet they lost it in spectacular fashion. They didn’t have the horses to play with Ironton and needed to play a clean game.

Next week’s game will be interesting. South Range is a much better team than VV; much better on O and D. Get behind them 21-7, and it’s game over.

Return to “Football”