Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by Yh8awinner »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:20 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:10 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:51 pm

Burg has won their region 4 times since 1998 and you are following Ironton today while they sit home.

Ratio. Lol

And Ironton hasn't won a title since 1989. You keep mentioning the 4 regionals since 1998. At least in those 4 trips we do have a state title in 2017. How many times have you guys played in a title game with nothing to show for it, 10, 11, 12?? Like I said earlier, you can make it there, but you still can't win it and have two titles, just like the Burg does.
You do realize when you make fun of a team for being state runner-ups you're making even more fun of your team who didn't even make it to the state championship that season. Something you might want to think about. That whole "we won a state championship more recent than you" arguement is getting real old. As someone who isn't from Burg or Ironton, Burg fans have completey lost their poop ever since Ironton started having their recent success. I've lost a lot of respect for Burg fans (not all) after comments i've heard on and off this site. Some sound like jealous little children because someone other than them is finding success.
Lose all the respect you want! it's no skin off their crack! At least when burg was dominating it was with their own kids! If they were actually bringing kids in as Ironton people say they do do you think they would have the dip after they won a state championship like they have had? They have because the talent has dropped some and that's what they have to work with. Anybody that has a part of a brain can see that.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

great run

go fighting tigers go

lets get warm

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:10 pm After watching the game here is my question : Did the boys lose or was Ironton out coached? From what I watched I believe a little of both.
Ironton had the athletes and talent to win but played an undisciplined, sloppy game which always reflects on the coaches.

A couple of coaching mistakes:
1. Coaches did not make the adjustments on the punt team after the VV game, and South Range took advantage of this with a block of their own.

2. The offensive game plan appeared to be “let’s shoot it out with South Range” when Ironton really needed to keep South Range off the field. Get the run game going and shorten the game.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:28 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:10 pm

And Ironton hasn't won a title since 1989. You keep mentioning the 4 regionals since 1998. At least in those 4 trips we do have a state title in 2017. How many times have you guys played in a title game with nothing to show for it, 10, 11, 12?? Like I said earlier, you can make it there, but you still can't win it and have two titles, just like the Burg does.
You do realize when you make fun of a team for being state runner-ups you're making even more fun of your team who didn't even make it to the state championship that season. Something you might want to think about. That whole "we won a state championship more recent than you" arguement is getting real old. As someone who isn't from Burg or Ironton, Burg fans have completey lost their poop ever since Ironton started having their recent success. I've lost a lot of respect for Burg fans (not all) after comments i've heard on and off this site. Some sound like jealous little children because someone other than them is finding success.
Lose all the respect you want! it's no skin off their crack! At least when burg was dominating it was with their own kids! If they were actually bringing kids in as Ironton people say they do do you think they would have the dip after they won a state championship like they have had? They have because the talent has dropped some and that's what they have to work with. Anybody that has a part of a brain can see that.
You're bringing up stuff not even related to what I said 😂

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:10 pm After watching the game here is my question : Did the boys lose or was Ironton out coached? From what I watched I believe a little of both.
The team favored by 2+TDs won. Simple.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 pm

"Burg winning" anything is a distant memory at this point. Cant even win their conference. 😂

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Yh8awinner,
For the umpteenth time, kids from South Webster, Minford, Portsmouth, Ironton, Ashland, etc. are not burg's "own kids".

FightingTiger99
JV Team

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:50 pm Yh8awinner,
For the umpteenth time, kids from South Webster, Minford, Portsmouth, Ironton, Ashland, etc. are not burg's "own kids".

All those transplants at burg and they lose their conference to a team w a losing record vs ovc teams they played this season. Lol

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:47 pm
"Burg winning" anything is a distant memory at this point. Cant even win their conference. 😂
If 2017 is a distant memory for you, can you even remember 1989?

“Ironton football, doing less with more since 1989”.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Aarden77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:09 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 pm Congrats to SouthRange you were certainly the better team. Congrats to those who have waited since August to pile on IHS and their coach, today is your day but please if you lost to IHS during the regular season understand how foolish you look making light of them today.
Ran into a once in a lifetime team. Unfortunately south range s passing attack was just too much for the tigers. Irontons offense looked capable their defensive backs really struggled. That's been a problem for ironton for a long time. They should schedule the best passing teams they can find. Ovc schedule is a waste of time
No offense here but you do realize SR rushed for what 230-240 yards?? Yeah they couldn't stop the pass, but they couldn't stop the run either as SR averaged over 7 yards a carry. When a team can do both to your defense you're not going to stop them and it's why SR had close to 570 yards of total offense or so.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:30 pm
Ironton had the athletes and talent to win but played an undisciplined, sloppy game which always reflects on the coaches.

1. Coaches did not make the adjustments on the punt team after the VV game, and South Range took advantage of this with a block of their own.

2. The offensive game plan appeared to be “let’s shoot it out with South Range” when Ironton really needed to keep South Range off the field. Get the run game going and shorten the game.
Ironton’s skill player are as good, if not better than SR’s guys. The difference was on the O/D line where SR really dominated. Ironton couldn’t emphasize the running game because they couldn’t consistently get a push upfront.

SR seemed to call a good game on offense, but i think even that is related to the lineplay. SR’s entire playbook was open on offense because they were consistently winning at the line of scrimmage.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kevbk6222 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Ironton’s skill player are as good, if not better than SR’s guys. The difference was on the O/D line where SR really dominated. Ironton couldn’t emphasize the running game because they couldn’t consistently get a push upfront.

SR seemed to call a good game on offense, but i think even that is related to the lineplay. SR’s entire playbook was open on offense because they were consistently winning at the line of scrimmage.
On this day I don't believe Ironton's skilled players were better, they couldn't cover Lindstrom they didn't really get open outside of about 2 plays and I don't count the garbage time TD catch at the end of the game. You are correct though in that SR dominating the LOS is what led to this game being what it was, 3 trips to the state championship game in what 4 years is nothing to turn your nose up to but they've been beaten soundly at the LOS in all 3 games. The 3 games combined I think Ironton has about 120-150 yards rushing that isn't going to cut it, not sure what they do or where they turn to win that part of the game but it's the difference in competing and not competing on the big stage obviously. To me it just looked like both DL and OL guys for SR were just simply more skilled from a technical standpoint. They were getting off blocks they were shedding them VERY fast they just weren't pushing back and allowing Ironton to block them. OL guys were engaging and staying engaged they weren't getting thrown around, they weren't bigger, faster or stronger they were just more technically sound by a wide margin.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

I’m not sure what game you watched, but Ironton did NOT have the athletes and talent to win. They were badly outclassed. Love reading all the excuses that don’t apply. Nothing like lying to yourself. They were lucky SR didn’t put a mercy game on them. And the so called D-I athletes for Ironton are badly over rated. They will be lucky to see the field at a D-I, that is if the college doesn’t pull their offer, which is possible.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

There it is. Everybody focuses on the skill players, but it the offensive/defensive lines that win ballgames. South Range didn't look like they were very big up front, but their linemen were athletic and well-conditioned on both sides of the ball*

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:06 pm

There it is. Everybody focuses on the skill players, but it the offensive/defensive lines that win ballgames. South Range didn't look like they were very big up front, but their linemen were athletic and well-conditioned on both sides of the ball*
Ironton has an underclass lineman with an offer from UK! Also, Ironton had a size advantage along the line. How are they getting so outplayed along the line every title game?

And with the backs Ironton has, they just need the line to be competent, not dominant. A kid going to Wisconsin as a running back should be nearly impossible to stop at the Ohio D5 level.

Watched Hoban’s running back last night who’s going to the university of Buffalo. He broke tackles, made players miss, carried Hoban the entire game…. Hell, I could have blocked for him! So Ironton’s backfield full of D1 athletes should have been able to make a couple big plays on the ground with anything resembling an OL.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

SugarDaddy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:05 pm

I’m not sure what game you watched, but Ironton did NOT have the athletes and talent to win. They were badly outclassed. Love reading all the excuses that don’t apply. Nothing like lying to yourself. They were lucky SR didn’t put a mercy game on them. And the so called D-I athletes for Ironton are badly over rated. They will be lucky to see the field at a D-I, that is if the college doesn’t pull their offer, which is possible.
Lying to myself? Ironton has five power 5 D1 players. Not making this up.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Tayden Carpenter is a first-class guy. He is going to be a winner at whatever he chooses to do. Lot to be proud of if I am that family!

Good season Ironton. There’s things I don’t agree with going on there but the kids competed and played their tails off to get there and three state final appearances in four years is impressive regardless of division.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

It was south range time to win it. Always so close and losing to kirtland. Congrats to them. Ironton has no reason to be down. The are a great program. Scoring 27 on south range is quite a chore. But giving up 52 surprised me.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Never would have thought so many people would make fun of a team for not winning a state championship 😅 I mean come on regardless of D1 commits or whatever else how can you make fun of team for not winning a state championship game. Based on that type of thinking every team that doesn't win it all basically sucks? Lot of people on here need to speak with more logic than emotion, because emotion filled comments are about the only thing on here anymore.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:54 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:47 pm

If 2017 is a distant memory for you, can you even remember 1989?

“Ironton football, doing less with more since 1989”.
Burg has made it outta their region 4 times since 98. 😂😂

Return to “Football”