Belpre football

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre football

Post by EasternDspy »

Fletchlives wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:38 pm
BJCassady wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:00 pm
A Kinder Yogi wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:14 pm How many seniors were on the team last year?
I think 5. However, there never was a published roster in either of the football previews for the local papers nor was there a football program for purchase at the home games this year or last. I think later in the season we may have had 16 players on the team but I never saw that many dressed at any one game. 14 tops.

Also, I thought Lance Binegar did a good job 3 seasons ago. Expecially after taking the HC job at the last minute when DeVol wasn't coming back due to health issues. If the BOE had hired him instead of Bell after Lance's 1 season, I don't think we would be in our current situation. JMHO.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
BJ, you may wanna check why he has been at a bunch of schools for one year only and no longer coaches at Ritchie (where he teaches) and P-Catholic.

He coaches basketball at P-Catholic. He left Ritchie to go to Catholic took them to 9-1 and the playoffs. Then they didn’t have enough players. Then was at Belpre for a year then they went with Bell. Then he was at Parkersburg High then left there to go to Federal Hocking and they didn’t have enough players. He’s a good coach imo. Won 4 games in 1 season with limited prep time.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

You’re half right. Lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

icanpickem wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:20 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:52 pm Stephanie called Ohsaa and asked and covid playoff wins count.
Stephanie might want to call back

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... ipants.pdf
😂

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Any news. Seems like they are dragging their feet!

jimmiehoffa
Waterboy

Post by jimmiehoffa »

Heard 7-8 applied. They interviewed 8. then after interviewing posted the job on OHSAA site. :roll:

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

jimmiehoffa wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:53 am Heard 7-8 applied. They interviewed 8. then after interviewing posted the job on OHSAA site. :roll:
If a Belpre alum doesn’t get this job, they are wasting their time. Need some old school Belpre pride put back in the system.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

A belpre alumn did apply, who has experience, but didn’t even get an interview. And I believe he coached three sports at belpre in the early 2000’s. And he played on the first 10-0 team for coach Holder. 😐

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

chrishilton91 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:25 pm A belpre alumn did apply, who has experience, but didn’t even get an interview. And I believe he coached three sports at belpre in the early 2000’s. And he played on the first 10-0 team for coach Holder. 😐
If he played for Holder then that’s your guy. That’s what Belpre needs.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Sounds to me like those first applicants were a bunch of duds. Gotta find a proven winner to right the ship in Belpre. I wonder what the committee thought of Yogi. Did he really apply?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

meatswinger wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:13 am Sounds to me like those first applicants were a bunch of duds. Gotta find a proven winner to right the ship in Belpre. I wonder what the committee thought of Yogi. Did he really apply?
Duds? Curious of the applicant names. Hard to believe they can’t find someone good enough. Better do something quick or the kids will all go to Warren with their state of the art facilities.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

It’s Belpre tradition to screw up hiring a coach. Guessing they will get a carnival worker to take over. That would be sooooo appropriate. What a mess!

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:20 pm It’s Belpre tradition to screw up hiring a coach. Guessing they will get a carnival worker to take over. That would be sooooo appropriate. What a mess!
I can’t argue with that. They’ve recently hired a used car salesman and a circus clown as their head coaches. Not surprising that they’re screwing it up again.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

meatswinger wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:13 am Sounds to me like those first applicants were a bunch of duds. Gotta find a proven winner to right the ship in Belpre. I wonder what the committee thought of Yogi. Did he really apply?
[/quote

Duds? Some good people applied with lots of experience sir. Not sure what the new AD is looking for. Dragging it out is only hurting the kids.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Maybe the new AD is making it look like he tried hard and then hire someone from Warren lol

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Fletchlives wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:07 pm Maybe the new AD is making it look like he tried hard and then hire someone from Warren lol
Gandee and Edgell are both at Warren and are both Belpre guys. Either would be good head coaches.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

I doubt that Gandee would come to Belpre since his children attend Warren. Not that he wouldn't be a good hire because he is a class act but IMHO Belpre needs a teacher/coach to turn the program around.

Someone needs to be in the district daily. They don't necessarily have to be at the HS. Look at the success Trimble and Fort Frye have had and their HCs aren't HS teachers. Hopefully, once the bond issue is passed and the new buildings are completed then all grades will be on one campus at the current HS location instead of the 2 separate campuses. This is why I think a teacher/coach is the right direction.

I have no idea of Edgell's situation so I don't know if he would even be interested.

Another Belpre alum is Brian Adams coaching at WV single A state champion Williamstown. Again, his kids are coming up thru Williamstown schools and he lives there as well so it is my feeling that he probably isn't interested but who knows, maybe they should make a phone call.

I see that it is posted on the OHSAA website. I would hope that a recommendation will be presented to the BOE at this months Board meeting. But again, I don't know the timeline the AD has to work under.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hearing assistant softball coach Hutchison got the job.

MOVguy246
Waterboy

Post by MOVguy246 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:11 pm Hearing assistant softball coach Hutchison got the job.
Wrong Again

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MOVguy246 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:19 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:11 pm Hearing assistant softball coach Hutchison got the job.
Wrong Again
I was looking for confirmation?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My source is saying that is recommendation still need to be hired by the board.

Return to “Football”