2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brandon Houston from Ashland Blazer High School (Ky).

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brandon Houston from Ashland Blazer High School (Ky).

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Brandon Houston

School: Ashland Blazer High School

Class: 2024

Positions played: Wide Receiver

How long have you played football?

I have played football since I was 4.

What makes playing at Ashland so special?

Playing at Ashland is so special because it’s all about tradition and the environment is amazing. And everyone says once a tomcat always a tomcat and I believe that is a fire statement.

The Tomcats went 9-5 overall in 2022. What will you guys have to do better that record?

To have a better record I think that we just need to click as a team faster than we did last year……… And pass the ball a little bit more. 😂
Of the five losses you guys had who was the best team and what made them so good?

Of the five losses you guys had who was the best team and what made them so good?

I believe that CAL was the best team we lost to because they played very well as a whole and it seemed like they never made a mistake and they were very dominant.

Of the three positions you play which one do you feel you are best at? Explain.

I feel I am best at the wide receiver position because once I get that ball I can make plays with it and put points up on the board.

What are your goals for not only yourself but for the team?

My goals are to 1.) have a great season and get recognized by colleges. 2.) Gain more weight, get stronger, and be faster. As a team, our goals are to win state and get stronger as a team.

With this being your senior season are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past?

I have the same approach as last year. Just go out and do what I do best.

Looking back at all of the road games you have played which one has been your favorite? Explain?

My favorite road game was definitely bell county in the playoffs because it was the game to win the region and to put us one step closer to what we all dreamed of. We listened to music almost the whole way back because we were so amped that we had won the region.

What is the best and worse part of practice?

The best part of practice is doing wide-out work with Coach Gregg. The worst part of practice is only on Mondays when we have to do conditioning.

What is your favorite type of music along with your favorite song?

My favorite type of music is definitely rap and my favorite song is Back and Fourth by lil baby

Have you heard from any schools about playing at the next level and can you name some of those schools?

I’ve heard from a couple that I’m a great player and I just need to get stronger and faster. UNC, Eku, App State, and N.I.U.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brandon Houston from Ashland Blazer High School (Ky).

Post by VetteMan »

As I have said in the past, I know very little about Kentucky high school football. Years ago I have had the occasion to go to quite a few Ashland Paul Blazer/Ironton High School football games. Being that they are located so close to one another, it most years was a hotly contested football game, maybe not close every year, but they still went after each other each and every year. I've heard different reasons as to what happened, but I believe that they stopped playing each other this past season. I hope to see them resume playing again, but I'm not holding my breath. I see that Brandon doesn't look forward to Monday morning conditioning, it may not be fun, but in the long run it's very important. Good interview.

mustard
Varsity

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brandon Houston from Ashland Blazer High School (Ky).

Post by mustard »

he’s a baller…

Return to “Football”