LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/interview with Garrett Brown from Vinton County

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Garrett Brown

School Vinton County

Positions played Runningback and Linebacker

Class 2024

What game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason?
The game I'm looking most forward to is the Nelsonville game because of how it ended last year really left a sour taste in all of our mouths.

What is the toughest part of a Vinton County two-a-day practice?
We don't really have "two-a-day" practices but a lot of our practices are the same thing as a two-a-day practice the toughest part is definitely the mental part and staying focused.

What gets Coach Carper in a bad mood at practice the fastest?
What gets coach in a bad mood is when you don't hustle if you are jogging through the drills or even going 75% that's what makes him mad and I think that's a big reason why we are successful.

What is the best part of playing for Coach Carper?
The best part about playing for coach is yes he is a good coach and yes he will do anything for you but he is just overall a good guy and that's what makes it fun.

Who was the best player you guys faced last season, along with the things that made him so good?
The best player I feel we played was definitely leighton loge from Nelsonville he was just on a different mental game and more prepared than anyone else on the field.

You are good at both football and basketball; of the two, which do you feel you are best at?
I feel I am more fundamentally better at basketball.

Sticking with only football for this question, what must you improve on to be even better this time around?
I definitely need to improve on speed that's a big part of being a running back and it's what running backs need.

Who is the one team you enjoy beating the most?
I really don't have a specific team I like beating I really just love to win in general if it's 50 points or 3 I love to win.

What has been the best advice you have ever been given as an athlete, and who gave you the advice?
The best advice I have been given as a athlete is from my dad he is always motivating me with everything we do if we are working on cleaning the garage he is always telling me something motivating there isn't anything specific but he always pushes me to be my best!

The coach tells you to call the play with the game on the line when you are down four facing fourth and a goal from six, with time only for one play.
I would run an option with Parker our QB's choice either he hands it off or he runs it. I would trust Parker with either read we will would be scoring.

After the season is over, what would it mean to you to have earned a spot in the North vs. South game?
I would be super excited to get a spot in the North-South game it would be an honor!

Where should the state finals be held?
I think it would be awesome if they were held in the OSU stadium to be able to play on the Buckeyes field would be amazing.

Where is the best local spot to grab a bite?
My favorite place locally to grab something to eat would have to be mama reenies without a doubt!

What is your favorite genre of music?
My favorite type of music is bluegrass country or just country

What is a talent that you have that would shock those around you?
A talent that would shock people is I'm a pretty good ping-pong player

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/interview with Garrett Brown from Vinton County

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That kid is a special human being. His parents have done him right. And I will even give him more props because he loves Bluegrass! Love it! Did not know that! That is awesome!

Return to “Football”