One Team You Would Like to Play

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: One Team You Would Like to Play

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:05 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:44 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:58 pm

Not sure Burg has ever played DeSales. They have played Watterson, Bishop Ready, Columbus Academy, and Hartley, but not sure about DeSales.

One team that I would like to see Burg or Ironton pick up is Clinton Massie. That’s a strong D4 opponent.
Hartley is who I got them confused with I recall them playing them, would like to see DeSales a solid team from Cbus, also alongside Clinton-Massie to see them play Stuebenville out of the East would be good game
Ironton’s going to be picking a schedule next year once they leave the OVC. Who do you think they’ll schedule besides Burg, Jackson, and Portsmouth? Could get some of those Columbus teams or even Clinton Massie.
Ironton schedule teams from different areas will only make them better.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Would like to see GA get a rotation of old SEOAL teams back on the schedule along with Wellston, Oak Hill, VC, NY, and so on instead of Meigs, Point Pleasant, and then whoever for a third game. I'd say drop Meigs yearly and rotate them with Athens, Wellston, Jackson, and Logan

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

vcgrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 pm VC play Warren
VC Play Jackson
VC would beat Warren this time around by at least 4 scores.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:20 pm I have always thought it would be fun to bring the MAC south. Matchup who you would like. But, a Saturday lineup of Marion Local, Coldwater & Versailles vs. whomever from the south would be a ticket I would purchase.
It would be fun to watch, but the southeastern ohio teams including ironton would nine out of ten times get completely blown out by these teams

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I doubt it now.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:15 am
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:05 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:44 pm

Hartley is who I got them confused with I recall them playing them, would like to see DeSales a solid team from Cbus, also alongside Clinton-Massie to see them play Stuebenville out of the East would be good game
Ironton’s going to be picking a schedule next year once they leave the OVC. Who do you think they’ll schedule besides Burg, Jackson, and Portsmouth? Could get some of those Columbus teams or even Clinton Massie.
Ironton schedule teams from different areas will only make them better.
It could but could also lead to them being banged up by playoff time.

Ironton is a D5 school with a number of kids going both ways. Playing bigger schools and/or being in a majority of games that require starters to play all four quarters will take a physical toll.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

We had a scrimmage one year with Johnsonville Central and really liked the environment. Really I would like to play alot of those schools down RT 23 into coal country. Belfry, JC, Pikeville. Even Tolsia or Wayne. Used to work with alot of guys from Wayne and the West Side. It was always the argument about who was tougher, so I always wanted to play them atleast once. Different scenery and culture close to home.

Besides that id like to see us get a private school from the columbus or cincinnati area. The game last year with Columbus Academy was good. Bishop Ready etc.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Trimble

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Would love to play Eastern Meigs. After hearing how they think they are the dominant team in the county it would be great to bust that asss. But we can’t even get a return phone call from JJ to discuss it. He must be scared. Sad.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

Be nice if an arrangement could be made some year for those schools in MAC play Ironton, Wheelersburg, Jackson, etc.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Zane Trace - Amanda CC
Chillicothe- Western Brown
Waverly - Waynesville

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

I would like to see

Ironton Vs Ashland,Ky
Ironton Vs Russell,Ky
Ironton Vs Point Pleasant,Wv
Ironton Vs Chillicothe
Ironton Vs Raceland,KY
Ironton Vs Huntington,WV
Ironton Vs Logan

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Starting next year western brown and Chillicothe will play atleast a home and home.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

For Unioto

I’d like to see Week 2 vs Amanda CC get changed. It feels like Week 2 is cursed, as it has went from competitive to awful quickly with the last 2 teams in that slot. Picking up another MSL team that is DIV or larger would be an immediate improvement schedule wise.

I’d like to see them leave the SVC, but that’s unlikely unless the economy moves on the upswing. The travel and gates are too healthy for the school to pass up at this point. I think the challenge of the FAC would be worth it, but I doubt we see that anytime soon.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:49 pm For Unioto

I’d like to see Week 2 vs Amanda CC get changed. It feels like Week 2 is cursed, as it has went from competitive to awful quickly with the last 2 teams in that slot. Picking up another MSL team that is DIV or larger would be an immediate improvement schedule wise.

I’d like to see them leave the SVC, but that’s unlikely unless the economy moves on the upswing. The travel and gates are too healthy for the school to pass up at this point. I think the challenge of the FAC would be worth it, but I doubt we see that anytime soon.
Now there is a wise man that makes some sense.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Makes logical sense from an outsiders perspective unfortunately the powers to be at Unioto will probably never grow a set and get outside their comfort zone to take on FAC size schools. They're perfectly content with big the huge fish in a small pond and honestly I can't blame them really it's not like they're winning the SVC in football.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:26 pm

Makes logical sense from an outsiders perspective unfortunately the powers to be at Unioto will probably never grow a set and get outside their comfort zone to take on FAC size schools. They're perfectly content with big the huge fish in a small pond and honestly I can't blame them really it's not like they're winning the SVC in football.
I get what you’re saying but you stay stuck in the mud when you don’t challenge yourself. I would bet that program and all there programs would grow if they left the SVC.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Like Waverly and the SOC with all smaller schools?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

shoelace wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:40 pm

I get what you’re saying but you stay stuck in the mud when you don’t challenge yourself. I would bet that program and all there programs would grow if they left the SVC.
It hasn’t really hurt them as far as tournament success at the district level, but it would help a ton in football and I think could push the other sports to having greater chances at advancing past the early rounds of the Regionals.

I just hope it happens soon, because we have some more really good classes coming through and I’d love to see them make the big show in some of these sports.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:28 pm

Like Waverly and the SOC with all smaller schools?
Yep, logistically speaking it's what makes sense. Now we don't have the 7 teams to play like a Unioto but we do have the most recent state championship team in the area to deal with so I guess it levels itself out that way.

Return to “Football”