LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mac Pettigrew from Bellaire High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Mac Pettigrew

School Bellaire

Positions played WR, DB, TE, FS, RB

Class 2024

How long have you played football, along with some of the reasons you keep playing?
I’ve been playing football for 11 years and the reason I keep playing is because I like doing multiple sports throughout the year it keeps me busy.

What is the hardest part of being a three-sport athlete?
1. Hardwork-Hard work is pretty hard but nothing comes easy also hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
2. Sacrificing- Sacrificing because I’ve sacrificed a lot to do the 3 sports I do but I know that I’m the end it’ll all be worth it.
3. Dedication-Dedication it can be hard but you have to be dedicated to being the best you can be if you have no dedication you’ll have no motivation and some point.

Of the three sports you play, which one do you like the best, along with the one you feel you are best at?
Out of the 3 sports I play, Basketball is definitely my favorite one but I think I’m the best at football but I also think I’m really good at all 3 of the sports I do and I love all 3 of them a lot.

With this being your final high school football season, are you preparing any differently?
Yes, with this being my last year of being a high school athlete I’m preparing for all three sports at one time because I want to leave a big footprint at Bellaire High School also I just have a different and bigger mindset than I did before.

If you are invited to play in any of the all-star games after the season is over, will you? Why or why not?
If I was to get invited to play in any all-star game after the season yes I would play because it’s great exposure and a great experience and some of my opponents will become my teammates.

What are the advantages of having all of your home games played on Saturday afternoons?
I think one of our biggest advantage of playing our home games on Saturday mornings is the heat and also it can be an advantage for some other teams because when they play on Fridays they can come scout us on Saturdays.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes for sure I feel like some of the older guys are really good role models to the younger guys and I try to be the best role model and teach them to be the best they can be and give it all you got at all times and I give them tips and I invite them to work out with me when i workout.

What one game will you remember the most from the 2022 season?
The game that I remember the most from the 2022 season is definitely the Shadyside game because I scored my first and only touchdown that game and that was the first game after my dad passed and I feel like that touchdown for him so it was definitely one to remember and also a very emotional game for me and my whole family that was there.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium has the toughest atmosphere to play in, and what makes it so tough?
The toughest atmosphere and stadium to play in is definitely Shadyside because Shadyside isn’t our rival but that game is always packed and loud and it’s tough because there’s a lot of trash talking and sometimes I lose focus but I love it.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given when it comes to sports, along with the name of the person who gave it?
The best piece of advice I’ve ever gotten was “Do what others don’t so you can be what others aren’t” and here’s another one “Work your butt off you don’t need sleep you can sleep when your dead” My dad gave me that advice and I couldn’t thank him enough.

Where should the state finals be held?
The State Finals should be held at the HOF Stadium I feel like that would be a great place to host a State finals game.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams making the playoffs from each region?
My thought on 16 teams making it to the playoffs from each region is I really don’t care it just means more competition and outta the 16 teams in our region Bellaire gonna be in the State Finals that’s the goal.

What is the toughest part of two-a-days?
The toughest part about two A days is definitely the conditioning but it all comes together during the season.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
if I could change one rule about High School Football it definitely would be the visor rule I think we should be aloud wear tinted visors and i why because the tinted visors are so tuff and I think I would look good wearing one on a Saturday afternoon.

Where is the best place in Bellaire to grab a bite?
The best place to grab a bite in Bellaire is definitely Gullas it’s so good you gotta try it.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite class is definitely English.

Who is your all-time favorite athlete?
My all-time favorite athlete definitely Micheal Jordan and Ray Lewis also Deion Sander(Prime Time).

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mac Pettigrew from Bellaire High School

Post by Skyrocket »

This young man can play!

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mac Pettigrew from Bellaire High School

Post by Bunker Hill »

Best Sport is Basketball , can score inside, outside, great leaper , super defender

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Coached a basketball game against him last year, he was a really nice young man and one heck of an athlete!

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

caldwellbasketball wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:54 pm Coached a basketball game against him last year, he was a really nice young man and one heck of an athlete!
Both Mac and his brother Ray are so loved by the younger grade school kids , they play with them sit with them at BB games . They will be missed after graduation, Ray already gone .

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ray gave me an interview too.

Return to “Football”