Freshman Team

Warren 7v7

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

How did this turn out? Teams etc.?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren 7v7

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

From what I saw. Warren is going to struggle this season. Just hard to replace seniors with freshmen, sophomores and a QB with no varsity action under center.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

on the brighter side, kids wont be banged up for the start of bball season.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:29 am on the brighter side, kids wont be banged up for the start of bball season.
I've seen talk about kids not playing but who exactly are they, mostly basketball kids?

Go Blue
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Best receiver (Pepper) wasn’t there, and he’s our most explosive offensive player. He’s a difference maker at receiver. He was playing in the Jr Legion state title game. 7 on 7 isn’t this team’s thing. Eric Carr, who’s a sophomore DB, had a great day. He had three picks in his first varsity appearance at safety. Physically impressive kid who can really run. If teams judged their season outlook on one 7 v 7 with a first time QB who isn’t a pass first kid, there’d be a lot of bad teams. One guy has a narrative he’s going to push, and that’s fine.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Whs95fan wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:23 am
justpassinthru wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:29 am on the brighter side, kids wont be banged up for the start of bball season.
I've seen talk about kids not playing but who exactly are they, mostly basketball kids?
Taylor and Lupardus are the only ones who quit. Cressey and Sealey are still there.

WldKat98
Waterboy

Post by WldKat98 »

Williams went to PHS, I heard Thompson just quit this past week, and another coach resigned this week
Last edited by WldKat98 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

beg003 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:04 pm
Taylor and Lupardus are the only ones who quit. Cressey and Sealey are still there.
“quit” is a questionable word considering so many kids aren’t playing this year who played last year. Are they all “quitters” or just the 2 bball kids? I’m pretty sure there’s a 3rd bball player who started at WR last year too. I heard another kid decided to stop playing this week who was starting TE at the end of last year. My resources are pretty good but probably not as good as beg003.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:57 pm

“quit” is a questionable word considering so many kids aren’t playing this year who played last year. Are they all “quitters” or just the 2 bball kids? I’m pretty sure there’s a 3rd bball player who started at WR last year too. I heard another kid decided to stop playing this week who was starting TE at the end of last year. My resources are pretty good but probably not as good as beg003.
I wouldn't say they "quit"... Taylor may have decided not to take the punishment of football as it's not what he loves (he isn't to bad at bball or baseball)... Lupardus tried it for a year and guess he didn't like it...as for the the third I think it is more of head injury worries for him...I can't understand why people worry about kids that don't play football, just be happy Warren has a good athletic program all around.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:24 pm
I wouldn't say they "quit"... Taylor may have decided not to take the punishment of football as it's not what he loves (he isn't to bad at bball or baseball)... Lupardus tried it for a year and guess he didn't like it...as for the the third I think it is more of head injury worries for him...I can't understand why people worry about kids that don't play football, just be happy Warren has a good athletic program all around.
Quit probably was too strong of a word, you’re right. They decided not to play and that’s fine, I hope both excel in basketball and the other sports they play. Them playing or not playing makes no difference to me, just want to be clear.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Like I said, quitting was probably a strong term since they didn’t start the season with the team. I hope they do well in basketball, no question.

Return to “Football”