Wheelersburg 2023

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:49 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:17 pm
Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:04 pm We’ll find out very soon who currently is better between Burg and Ironton. You’re only as good as your most recent match up. Now stop arguing with yourself about ancient history using multiple accounts please. 😂
Even Week 1 won't tell much. Two years ago, it was a slaughter at Ironton and Burg won the rematch. Both teams should be solid at the start no matter what.
It will tell which team is better in week 1. Oh I get it there will be excuses, and “we’ll get you next time” type of comments. But the reality is as I said, you’re only as good as your most recent game. “Cool aide drinkers” on both sides, and especially the one guy playing both sides with multiple usernames, will whine and throw shade but the winner is the best at that time. But I see the excuses have already started 😂
#lilsis sets up the excuses over summer cause they know whats coming week one. 🤷‍♂️

#lilsis

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:40 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:38 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:49 am

Bruh, rationalization FLEW 🐥🐦🦜 out the window as soon as lil burg fixed their mouth to say ANYTHING about Ironton when that mediocre ahh program at lil burg have ONLY been the best team in their region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES!! 👈👀😂😂

What else ya have to talk about besides being Harvest Preps bihh anyways. 😂

#lilsis 👩‍👦
Right on cue!

Thanks once again for proving my point, bruh. LMAO!!!
Lets count how many times youve been in the ironton thread complaining about being outrecruited. 😂 AND? LMAO

Just another reason why lil burg is being OUTWORKED on and off the field.

#lilsis 👩‍👦
Not once have I went onto an IHS thread and cried about Ironton fans talking mean about the Burg.

Just think you I-town folks are a bit sensitive. I guess 32 years of not winning a state title while trying to claim to be a state power will do that.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:50 pm

Right on cue!

Lets count how many times youve been in the ironton thread complaining about being outrecruited. 😂 AND? LMAO

#lilsis 👩‍👦
Not once have I went onto an IHS thread and cried about Ironton fans talking mean about the Burg.

Just think you I-town folks are a bit sensitive. I guess 32 years of not winning a state title while trying to claim to be a state power will do that.
Last I checked I been raw doggin burg fans all summer in here. Who's sensitive #lilsis? Lol

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Right on cue!

#lilsis 👩‍👦

You post unsupported accusations is what you do.

#lilsis 👩‍👦

If you dont like being checked over it, dont do it man.

Old.saying.. "if ya wanna fight, do the most! But if not, stfu." Lol.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Right on cue!

#lilsis 👩‍👦

Just wait til week one. You think I'm pressure now? 😂 sheeesh lmao

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:54 pm

#lilsis 👩‍👦

#lilsis 👩‍👦

You need to relax little buddy. You’re starting to meltdown over this. It’s just high school football, so take a deep breath and pull yourself together.

Now as for my supposedly “unsupported accusations”, what exactly are those? By my count I have been correct on nearly all of them. But let’s verify:

- Accusing Ironton of failing to win a state title since 1989? That’s correct, unless I missed a title somewhere.

- Accusing IHS of losing to less talented teams the past three seasons to end their year? That’s correct. Kirtland, South Range, and Wheelersburg combined have produced fewer college football players than what Ironton has sent to D1 schools. Also, the combined three schools have produced zero power five college players. Hence IHS doing more with less…

- Accusing Pendleton of being out-coached in those losses? Correct again. Especially the Kirtland and Burg games. Can give specifics if you like.

- Accusing Ironton of recruiting players? This info came directly from parents; I and others have given names. Now if you want to say those parents are lying to us or that we are lying, maybe you should ask them yourself.

- Accusing IHS of being a poorly performing academic school? I can send you the ratings if you don’t believe me.

- Accusing those on here of lying about Pendleton supposedly being offered the Moeller job? I live in Cincy and have close friends connected to Moeller. Verified he was interviewed but did not make the cut. And if you consider the resume of the guy that was hired, it’s obvious why. Again, you can check this yourself if you don’t believe me.

So not sure what accusations that I have made that are wrong, or that you checked and proved me wrong. But don’t get too stressed over it. Not good for your health.

But hey, stick with the Kool-aid. Might help kill the sting of 30+ years without a title :)

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:56 pm

#lilsis 👩‍👦

Just wait til week one. You think I'm pressure now? 😂 sheeesh lmao
Pressure now? LMAO! You must be joking? You’re sad but in no way are you pressure.

If Burg wins I’ll be happy, if they lose I’ll be bummed. But again, this is high school football. Have much more pressing issues on my schedule than Burg football.

Now for you, this is desperate mode. Your life revolves around IHS football; it’s all you got. And having not seen them win a state title is eating at your soul. This coming year is supposedly Pendleton’s best time according to some on here. If they don’t win this year, is it safe to say they may never win? And if Pendleton leaves and takes his recruiting services with him, does Ironton football fall back into despair? That’s a lot weighing on you, but hey little buddy, keep in mind that this is just a game.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:55 pm

#lilsis 👩‍👦

You need to relax little buddy. You’re starting to meltdown over this. It’s just high school football, so take a deep breath and pull yourself together.

Now as for my supposedly “unsupported accusations”, what exactly are those? By my count I have been correct on nearly all of them. But let’s verify:

- Accusing Ironton of failing to win a state title since 1989? That’s correct, unless I missed a title somewhere.

- Accusing IHS of losing to less talented teams the past three seasons to end their year? That’s correct. Kirtland, South Range, and Wheelersburg combined have produced fewer college football players than what Ironton has sent to D1 schools. Also, the combined three schools have produced zero power five college players. Hence IHS doing more with less…

- Accusing Pendleton of being out-coached in those losses? Correct again. Especially the Kirtland and Burg games. Can give specifics if you like.

- Accusing Ironton of recruiting players? This info came directly from parents; I and others have given names. Now if you want to say those parents are lying to us or that we are lying, maybe you should ask them yourself.

- Accusing IHS of being a poorly performing academic school? I can send you the ratings if you don’t believe me.

- Accusing those on here of lying about Pendleton supposedly being offered the Moeller job? I live in Cincy and have close friends connected to Moeller. Verified he was interviewed but did not make the cut. And if you consider the resume of the guy that was hired, it’s obvious why. Again, you can check this yourself if you don’t believe me.

So not sure what accusations that I have made that are wrong, or that you checked and proved me wrong. But don’t get too stressed over it. Not good for your health.

But hey, stick with the Kool-aid. Might help kill the sting of 30+ years without a title :)
😂 you tried it. Lol. Cool narrative. I'm over here rollin, boss.

#1 I'm laughing at lil burgs seops fanbase. 👉 The "lil sissies."
#2 You made accusations and offered no evidence. You offered "xyx said." - Then get xyz to come say it then or it's not valid. 💯
#3. We goose egged lil burg in THEIR building, then beat everybody else who beat lil burg.
4. lil burg has been the BEST team in their region ONLY 3 times in TWO & A HALF DECADES!!
5. It took lil burg their entire existence as a program to collect the same amount of state titles Irontons program collected in 10 years.
6. Irontons current staff has played in as many state title games in 5 years as lil burg has been the best team in their region in two and a half decades!! 😂👈

I don't wanna hear ish from #lilsis 👩‍👦... 🤫 #Ssshhhh

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:16 pm

#lilsis 👩‍👦

#2 You made accusations and offered no evidence. You offered "xyx said." - Then get xyz to come say it then or it's not valid. 💯
#3. We goose egged lil burg in THEIR building, then beat everybody else who beat lil burg.
4. lil burg has been the BEST team in their region ONLY 3 times in TWO & A HALF DECADES!!
5. It took lil burg their entire existence as a program to collect the same amount of state titles Irontons program collected in 10 years.
6. Irontons current staff has played in as many state title games in 5 years as lil burg has been the best team in their region in two and a half decades!! 😂👈

So in other words, you cannot disprove any of the accusations that I posted. Got it!

As for your list, I can summarize that with far fewer words: “Burg last state title 6 years ago, Ironton’s last state title 34 years ago.” The rest is just BS in an attempt to make you feel better about IHS‘s 34 year drought.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Anyway, Wheelersburg will have a very formidable unit this year and I expect Ironton to be right in the thick of it despite the graduation losses. D-V, R19 title is up for grabs, there really isn't a clear favorite. To me, biggest difference in who wins the region will be quarterback play and how it maturates throughout the year. Both teams have enough proven talent both ways or talent coming in at the positions that need to be filled to hold serve.

Wheelersburg has the potential to have a roster that is similar to their 2013 team and their 2016 through 2018 teams in terms of their personnel -- a great quarterback with a lot of throwing options (sophomores in Kenyon Evans, Landon McGraw and Logan Adkins plus the addition of Devon Lattimore from Portsmouth) and a running back-by-committee approach. Defensively, Landon Hutchinson is pound for pound one of the best returning defensive players in the entire area. He can play at linebacker or safety and was really a difference-maker throughout last year. Brayden Maxie has a great frame to build off of.

Will the squad be as good as those teams? Hard to say, but the sophomore class is loaded with talent.

Ironton is full of talent -- Shaun Terry is so fun to watch in the open field, Braden Schreck is a great possession receiver, and Zayne Williams is coming off of a tremendous freshman season where I believe he made over 100 tackles. Gavin Hart (Notre Dame) and Landon Lewis (Green) were excellent transfer pickups in the offseason that will help. Plus, Ironton has Pittman eligible out wide with Terry, a lineman who is committed to Eastern Michigan in Noah Patterson, and an outstanding freshman class that could make an impact by playoff time if not before. Brayden Sturgell, to me, has an instinctive nose for the football defensively and will also have a big impact on any outcome.

Whoever wins one (or potentially both) matchups will have to earn it. There's definitely no little sis in the argument. Both teams have the personnel to run it down your throat or sling it around. I do know for a fact that as with any season there are a lot of unknowns and that could be said for both programs. The ongoing banter is tiring to read so I figured I'd summarize it. The kids at both schools have put in a lot of work. Just tired of seeing the stuff on here, from one user in particular, and ready to watch the action on the field.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

KCol wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:12 pm Anyway, Wheelersburg will have a very formidable unit this year and I expect Ironton to be right in the thick of it despite the graduation losses. D-V, R19 title is up for grabs, there really isn't a clear favorite. To me, biggest difference in who wins the region will be quarterback play and how it maturates throughout the year. Both teams have enough proven talent both ways or talent coming in at the positions that need to be filled to hold serve.

Wheelersburg has the potential to have a roster that is similar to their 2013 team and their 2016 through 2018 teams in terms of their personnel -- a great quarterback with a lot of throwing options (sophomores in Kenyon Evans, Landon McGraw and Logan Adkins plus the addition of Devon Lattimore from Portsmouth) and a running back-by-committee approach. Defensively, Landon Hutchinson is pound for pound one of the best returning defensive players in the entire area. He can play at linebacker or safety and was really a difference-maker throughout last year. Brayden Maxie has a great frame to build off of.

Will the squad be as good as those teams? Hard to say, but the sophomore class is loaded with talent.

Ironton is full of talent -- Shaun Terry is so fun to watch in the open field, Braden Schreck is a great possession receiver, and Zayne Williams is coming off of a tremendous freshman season where I believe he made over 100 tackles. Gavin Hart (Notre Dame) and Landon Lewis (Green) were excellent transfer pickups in the offseason that will help. Plus, Ironton has Pittman eligible out wide with Terry, a lineman who is committed to Eastern Michigan in Noah Patterson, and an outstanding freshman class that could make an impact by playoff time if not before. Brayden Sturgell, to me, has an instinctive nose for the football defensively and will also have a big impact on any outcome.

Whoever wins one (or potentially both) matchups will have to earn it. There's definitely no little sis in the argument. Both teams have the personnel to run it down your throat or sling it around. I do know for a fact that as with any season there are a lot of unknowns and that could be said for both programs. The ongoing banter is tiring to read so I figured I'd summarize it. The kids at both schools have put in a lot of work. Just tired of seeing the stuff on here, from one user in particular, and ready to watch the action on the field.
Who else do you think will make some noise in R19? How will Prep be this year?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 pm

So in other words, you cannot disprove any of the accusations that I posted. Got it!

As for your list, I can summarize that with far fewer words: “Burg last state title 6 years ago, Ironton’s last state title 34 years ago.” The rest is just BS in an attempt to make you feel better about IHS‘s 34 year drought.
You don't have to prove negatives. Your accusations evidence is "believe me, bro." 😂

#lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

KCol wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:12 pm Anyway, Wheelersburg will have a very formidable unit this year and I expect Ironton to be right in the thick of it despite the graduation losses. D-V, R19 title is up for grabs, there really isn't a clear favorite. To me, biggest difference in who wins the region will be quarterback play and how it maturates throughout the year. Both teams have enough proven talent both ways or talent coming in at the positions that need to be filled to hold serve.

Speaking of hard to read. 😂🌽👈😂 Lil burg has been the best in their region 3 times in two & a half DECADES. 😂 Nobody is holding their breath. Lol

#lilsis #hallmark #lilsis 👩‍👦
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:08 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 pm

You don't have to prove negatives. Your accusations evidence is "believe me, bro." 😂

Lil burg has been the best in their region 3 times in two & a half DECADES. 😂 Nobody is holding their breath. Lol

#lilsis

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:11 am

Speaking of hard to read. 😂🌽👈😂 Lil burg has been the best in their region 3 times in two & a half DECADES. 😂 Nobody is holding their breath. Lol

#lilsis #hallmark #lilsis 👩‍👦
I'm not a Wheelersburg fan. I am a Southeastern Ohio sports fan. But good job trying to troll. Didn't you say you worked in Virginia, not far away from Washington, D.C.? You seem to know an awful lot about the Fighting Tigers from a distance.

Doesn't matter to me where you live, I'm just trying to understand why a person who says all the mess you say about folks from Southeastern Ohio, and apparently lives in Virginia now, cares so much about trolling on a website. I don't understand how that gives you so much satisfaction. I don't understand how tearing Tanner Holden down gives you so much satisfaction, either. To me that was the lowest thing you personally did on this website.

I don't understand how tearing Rock Hill or Coal Grove down gives you satisfaction, especially if you live outside the area as you say you do. I mean really, what do your posts truly prove? That you can type insults fast? I don't get the thought process, so try to help me understand what the deal is here.
Last edited by KCol on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:31 pm

Harvest Prep in my eyes will be the biggest threat to them both again. They have an absolutely loaded schedule, possibly the best in school history.

In addition to playing Division II Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (8-4 in 2022, lost to OHSAA Division II State Runner-Up Hoban in regional semis), Division II Licking Heights, Division III Bloom-Carroll and Division III Chillicothe as well as Burg.

Lastly, they will travel to play Center Grove out of Greenwood, Ind., who went 12-2 and won the Indiana High School Athletic Association's Class 6A State Championship. Center Grove played a murderer's row of teams that included Indiana powerhouses such as Indianapolis Warren Central (beat them twice), Indianapolis Ben Davis (whom they beat by a point), Columbus (Ind.) North, and Indianapolis Cathedral as well as Louisville (Ky.) Trinity. They lost to Trinity by one point in double overtime and avenged the other regional season loss they had to Cathedral by defeating them 33-10 in the state semis. Warren Central, Trinity, Ben Davis and Cathedral have been or are regularly teams that are in contention to be nationally ranked. Center Grove has a 6-5 quarterback that is committed to play football at Duke.

However, Ironton made Harvest Prep look absolutely terrible in the regional finals. They absolutely waxed the Warriors in what was their most complete and best performance of the year (and I saw Ironton play five times last year including the state semi against Valley View). I think the lopsided score was a combination of Ironton playing their best game of the year and HP playing their worst game of the year, but Ironton still would've beat them at any rate. At the same time, Harvest Prep's schedule last year was nowhere near the caliber that this schedule will be. They will have to be ready or they will underachieve.

Rogers is gone but Cox will be back and if he makes the usual junior-to-senior year jump that most elite running backs do, he will be a handful.

Sleeper picks would be New Lexington, Columbus Academy, West. Barnesville, Centerburg and Worthington Christian are essentially interchangeable after them I think. Minford and Portsmouth could jump into that top-eight or higher if young guys step up. Minford (and Waverly) will have arguably the most proven running backs in the SOC II, and Minford has a chance to take further steps if Caudill and Kayser take the next step up. Replacing school-leading tackler Hunter Pendleton will be tough though. West and Minford have good linemen too, but I worry if they have enough of them. They were both hovering around 40 players total last year and that is a worry. The teams that advance deepest in the playoffs are the ones that have not only the best line play, but the deepest lines as well in terms of a two-deep.

It may be even tougher for Portsmouth to do so, but if they get the QB situation figured out quick they could surprise people. They do lost a senior captain on the offensive and defensive line in addition to Tyler Duncan who had a great senior year at the signal-calling spot.

For all of the guys commenting about how Wheelersburg's state title in 2017 wasn't really earned, I can assure you that you are wrong. To come from behind in three out of the five playoff games takes serious guts. They were for real -- and the best part about their team in 2017 was their offensive and defensive line play because they legitimately had 12-15 guys who could play on the line that year. That's what it takes to win big in the playoffs.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Kcol: thank you! Tired of the same back and forth between the same posters who aren’t going to change the other’s opinion no matter what point they bring up.

As for Burg, I could see them starting 1-2 or even 0-3 and still having the talent to win Region 19. New QB going to have to swim quick. He’s got the arm to do it, but durability will be a real question. The wide receivers are special and their defense is loaded. Really excited to see some of their younger kids get a chance this year. Name to remember is Elijah Brown (soph) at running back.

Ironton not going anywhere obviously. I could see their defense struggling early, but will be a force by playoffs. I do have questions about their running game, but the QB and receiver positions look stacked. Solid program all the way around.

West and Minford also look good to me as well. Depth will be an issue for both though. If they stay healthy, they look like 4-8 seeds in the playoffs both capable of making a run.*

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

KCol wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:20 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:31 pm

Harvest Prep in my eyes will be the biggest threat to them both again. They have an absolutely loaded schedule, possibly the best in school history.

In addition to playing Division II Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (8-4 in 2022, lost to OHSAA Division II State Runner-Up Hoban in regional semis), Division II Licking Heights, Division III Bloom-Carroll and Division III Chillicothe as well as Burg.

Lastly, they will travel to play Center Grove out of Greenwood, Ind., who went 12-2 and won the Indiana High School Athletic Association's Class 6A State Championship. Center Grove played a murderer's row of teams that included Indiana powerhouses such as Indianapolis Warren Central (beat them twice), Indianapolis Ben Davis (whom they beat by a point), Columbus (Ind.) North, and Indianapolis Cathedral as well as Louisville (Ky.) Trinity. They lost to Trinity by one point in double overtime and avenged the other regional season loss they had to Cathedral by defeating them 33-10 in the state semis. Warren Central, Trinity, Ben Davis and Cathedral have been or are regularly teams that are in contention to be nationally ranked. Center Grove has a 6-5 quarterback that is committed to play football at Duke.

However, Ironton made Harvest Prep look absolutely terrible in the regional finals. They absolutely waxed the Warriors in what was their most complete and best performance of the year (and I saw Ironton play five times last year including the state semi against Valley View). I think the lopsided score was a combination of Ironton playing their best game of the year and HP playing their worst game of the year, but Ironton still would've beat them at any rate. At the same time, Harvest Prep's schedule last year was nowhere near the caliber that this schedule will be. They will have to be ready or they will underachieve.

Rogers is gone but Cox will be back and if he makes the usual junior-to-senior year jump that most elite running backs do, he will be a handful.

Sleeper picks would be New Lexington, Columbus Academy, West. Barnesville, Centerburg and Worthington Christian are essentially interchangeable after them I think. Minford and Portsmouth could jump into that top-eight or higher if young guys step up. Minford (and Waverly) will have arguably the most proven running backs in the SOC II, and Minford has a chance to take further steps if Caudill and Kayser take the next step up. Replacing school-leading tackler Hunter Pendleton will be tough though. West and Minford have good linemen too, but I worry if they have enough of them. They were both hovering around 40 players total last year and that is a worry. The teams that advance deepest in the playoffs are the ones that have not only the best line play, but the deepest lines as well in terms of a two-deep.

It may be even tougher for Portsmouth to do so, but if they get the QB situation figured out quick they could surprise people. They do lost a senior captain on the offensive and defensive line in addition to Tyler Duncan who had a great senior year at the signal-calling spot.

For all of the guys commenting about how Wheelersburg's state title in 2017 wasn't really earned, I can assure you that you are wrong. To come from behind in three out of the five playoff games takes serious guts. They were for real -- and the best part about their team in 2017 was their offensive and defensive line play because they legitimately had 12-15 guys who could play on the line that year. That's what it takes to win big in the playoffs.
Thanks for the info…

HP definitely has a killer schedule. Play only two teams DV or smaller. That said, will this make them better or simply beat them up? Playing bigger schools with more depth and talent week after week after week can take a toll on smaller schools; even Kirtland and ML don’t go this big. Plus, losing and winning have one thing in common: they can be habit forming. Three or four losses, along with the physical toll, can play havoc on player confidence. Guess we will see.

Completely agree with your assessment of 2017 Burg. I believe that team had 80-90 players giving them lots of depth and the ability to rotate lots of them in and out; kids didn’t get as worn down going both ways the entire game. Also, thought that Burg team was the best tackling team I’ve seen come out of our area. Played like Kirtland and ML on D.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:27 am Kcol: thank you! Tired of the same back and forth between the same posters who aren’t going to change the other’s opinion no matter what point they bring up.

As for Burg, I could see them starting 1-2 or even 0-3 and still having the talent to win Region 19. New QB going to have to swim quick. He’s got the arm to do it, but durability will be a real question. The wide receivers are special and their defense is loaded. Really excited to see some of their younger kids get a chance this year. Name to remember is Elijah Brown (soph) at running back.

Ironton not going anywhere obviously. I could see their defense struggling early, but will be a force by playoffs. I do have questions about their running game, but the QB and receiver positions look stacked. Solid program all the way around.

West and Minford also look good to me as well. Depth will be an issue for both though. If they stay healthy, they look like 4-8 seeds in the playoffs both capable of making a run.*
You’re the second person to mention Elijah Brown.

As for QB, who will be the backup this year?

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Good summary of both teams👍. Exited for week 1. Should be great atmosphere

Return to “Football”