August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Holden has above average speed and size at his position IN A REGION made up predominately of undersized, slow, fat, pudgy and sheltered rural and suburban kids.

But outside the confides of SEO - he's nothing special. In football or basketball. Never ever was. .

#lilsis

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:45 pm Holden has above average speed and size at his position IN A REGION made up predominately of undersized, slow, fat, pudgy and sheltered rural and suburban kids.

But outside the confides of SEO - he's nothing special. In football or basketball. Never ever was. .

#lilsis
And despite all of this, he has still accomplished more at the college level than all of the recent top IHS football players combined! Plus, Holden has a state championship ring!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:45 pm Holden has above average speed and size at his position IN A REGION made up predominately of undersized, slow, fat, pudgy and sheltered rural and suburban kids.

#lilsis
Cookie Miller = Capital High/Nebraska 👈 my cousin. Btw go check out THE CAVE LEAGUE at MLK center in Charleston or The Jungle summer city league games in Charleston West side 2nd ave comm center for some really good street ball. - seo dont have anything like that. -
Jason Williams = Dupont/Florida/Sacramento Kings
Randy Moss = NFL Hall of Fame
Alexis Horbuckle = WNBA
Aaron Dobson = south charleston, marshall, New England Patriots
Darrion Scott = Capital High, Ohio State, a natty, minesotta vikings
Ryan Switzer = GW HIGH, PITTSBURGH STEELERS, DALLAS COWBOYS
Jermon Jackson - Ironton, Ohio State pre season all american
Reid Carrico = Ironton. ALL american 4 star rated top 200 recruit
Andrew Wiggins = Huntington Prep/NBA golden State. NBA TITLES Top rated recruit in nation
John Wall = Raleigh NC. Wake county. UNIV OF KENTUCKY /NBA SUPERSTAR
AHMAD BRADSHAW - Graham High school bluefield virginia, marshall, Ny Giants, super bowl champ

- THESE ARE EXAMPLES of ELITE atheletes I have observed in my lifetime up close and personal.

Holden was never, and is NOT that.

Never ever was burgers. 😭 gtfoh lmao

#lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:58 pm

#lilsis
And despite all of this, he has still accomplished more at the college level than all of the recent top IHS football players combined! Plus, Holden has a state championship ring!
Accomplished what in college basketaball?. Nobody cares about him or wright state 😭 WHO? LMAO

Holden dont have that DAWG in him. He's a good suburban boy in a safe tiny pond. Be real. 😭

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:00 pm

#lilsis
Cookie Miller = Capital High/Nebraska 👈 my cousin. Btw go check out THE CAVE LEAGUE at MLK center in Charleston or The Jungle summer city league games in Charleston West side 2nd ave comm center for some really good street ball. - seo dont have anything like that. -
Alexis Horbuckle = WNBA
Andrew Wiggins = Huntington Prep/NBA golden State. NBA TITLES Top rated recruit in nation
AHMAD BRADSHAW - Graham High school bluefield virginia, marshall, Ny Giants, super bowl champ

- THESE ARE EXAMPLES of ELITE atheletes I have observed in my lifetime up close and personal.

#lilsis
You put Jackson and Carrico on this list? Is that a joke? And your cousin? LMAO!! Jackson was a backup, Carrico hasn’t seen the field, and your cousin is a street ball player. None played in the pros like the others on this list.

Of course you left Josh Newman off. Unlike Jackson, Carrico, and your cousin, Josh Newman did make it to the majors. He pitched in Yankee stadium while your cousin played street ball in Charleston!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:09 pm

#lilsis
Accomplished what in college basketaball?. Nobody cares about him or wright state 😭 WHO? LMAO

Holden dont have that DAWG in him. He's a good suburban boy in a safe tiny pond. Be real. 😭
He actually did get playing time at OSU. More than we can say about your cousin!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

#lilsis
Dont even get me STARTED on what I have observed when I lived and followed high school sports in south florida.

Holden wouldnt have even started at wr at most high schools in Miami. You burgers are Delulu. 😭😭

#lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm

#lilsis
Alexis Horbuckle = WNBA

#lilsis
You put Jackson and Carrico on this list? Is that a joke? And your cousin? LMAO!! Jackson was a backup, Carrico hasn’t seen the field, and your cousin is a street ball player. None played in the pros like the others on this list.

Of course you left Josh Newman off. Unlike Jackson, Carrico, and your cousin, Josh Newman did make it to the majors. He pitched in Yankee stadium while your cousin played street ball in Charleston!
Does anybody even watch baseball?.😭 YAWN What does newman have to do with lil burgs Holden delusions?.🤷‍♂️😭
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:55 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:25 am

Holden didn't even want to play football his Senior year but what i heard is his buddies on the football team told him if he don't play football they won't play basketball. How do you go from Co DV offensive player of the year as a Junior to 2nd team all state as a Senior with the same QB and offense basically coming back.

Bottomline is he didn't want the ball his Senior year. Look at his numbers.
2017-87 catches for 1535 yards
2018-55 catches for 1014 yards. 32 less catches his Senior year. He wanted to focus on basketball and he told the coaches do not throw me the ball as much.I didn't go to the Johnston game but my brother told me they could have thrown to Tanner every play and probably scored but you could tell he didn't want the ball.Can't say I blame him. His passion was basketball and he knew that's what he wanted to play in college and he didn't want to get hurt.

Wow if your what you’re saying is true that speaks volumes about the staff and culture. I guess programs like Kirkland are rare.
What does Holden not wanting to play have to do with staff and culture? It’s not Woodward’s fault Holden preferred basketball.
Only being able to win your way outta your region in the playoffs 3 times in the LAST TWO AND A HALF DECADES has PLENTY to do with lil burgs coaching and culture. #fallingoff #lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:09 am Wheelersburg logic:

When Ironton loses a big game, it’s because their coaches are morons!

When Wheelersburg loses a big game, it’s because their players are so good at other sports that they stop trying!

As for this year’s game, fans from both sides seem to think their teams are loaded. With the out of league schedules for each team, we will find out.

To me, the winner of this game will be the team that can move it effectively running and passing. Both teams have reason to be excited about lines, backs, and passing game. If either can make the other one dimensional, that’s a massive edge, given both defenses figure to be well coached and full of athletes.

Perhaps the biggest question mark for both teams is at quarterback. Both have a lot of potential but have yet to do it on Friday night. I could see both playing great and I could see both struggling.

Good news is we are 14 days from finding out.
Well lil burg fans ALSO think Holden is elite level talent so idk if what lil burg fans THINK is very credible. 😭

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

I'm excited to see Darryn Peterson play this coming winter (and hopefully next winter if he doesn't reclass) personally. Highest ranked player to play in this area in any sport since Andrew Wiggins. Will be a fun watch.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Alexis Horbuckle = WNBA

#lilsis

Does anybody even watch baseball?.😭 YAWN What does newman have to do with lil burgs Holden delusions?.🤷‍♂️😭
You’re the one that started the list…. Just adding a name that you seemed to miss. Newman also played football: leader of the Burg team that beat Ironton at Ironton.

Holden accomplished as much or more than three names you put on the list. No bias on your part.

Maybe Holden will be at the Burg-IHS game this year. Maybe he’ll let you see what a state championship football ring looks like.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:17 pm

#lilsis
Dont even get me STARTED on what I have observed when I lived and followed high school sports in south florida.

Holden wouldnt have even started at wr at most high schools in Miami. You burgers are Delulu. 😭😭

#lilsis

So you want to compare Holden to those out of WV who went pro, and to some of the top talent in the country. But for Carrico and the IHS football players, let’s just keep the comparison to SOC and OVC.

How about we compare them to Moss and Burrow? Based on that, IHS football players don’t belong on the field. Or how about Texas football? Let’s not embarrass the IHS greats.

Jackson was a backup. Carrico may never see the field. And your cousin is playing some back alley in Charleston. This you consider better than Holden? LMAO!!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:00 pm

#lilsis

So you want to compare Holden to those out of WV who went pro, and to some of the top talent in the country. But for Carrico and the IHS football players, let’s just keep the comparison to SOC and OVC.

How about we compare them to Moss and Burrow? Based on that, IHS football players don’t belong on the field. Or how about Texas football? Let’s not embarrass the IHS greats.

Jackson was a backup. Carrico may never see the field. And your cousin is playing some back alley in Charleston. This you consider better than Holden? LMAO!!
My cousin played and started in power conference d1 ball. Holden couldnt and ran back to his tiny pond.

#overrated #lilsis

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:44 pm

You’re the one that started the list…. Just adding a name that you seemed to miss. Newman also played football: leader of the Burg team that beat Ironton at Ironton.

Holden accomplished as much or more than three names you put on the list. No bias on your part.

Maybe Holden will be at the Burg-IHS game this year. Maybe he’ll let you see what a state championship football ring looks like.
Ive seen holden play both in person. Thats why ik he aint that guy. 😭

FORREST
Waterboy

Post by FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: I’m of course taking the BURG by 30!!! 🏆

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:38 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:44 pm

Ive seen holden play both in person. Thats why ik he aint that guy. 😭
Good ole cousin Eddie. Better win it all. No excuses youngster.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This thread has gone to hell just as I expected it to. Hopefully we have a great game and everyone comes out healthy. Good luck to burg after week one. These two teams are the pride of Southeaster Ohio no matter what anyone says.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm This thread has gone to hell just as I expected it to. Hopefully we have a great game and everyone comes out healthy. Good luck to burg after week one. These two teams are the pride of Southeaster Ohio no matter what anyone says.

Absolutely both of the programs are at the top as far as success and notoriety. love that this is week 1 game and hands down best in the area

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:36 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:00 pm

My cousin played and started in power conference d1 ball. Holden couldnt and ran back to his tiny pond.

#overrated #lilsis
What year did your cousin graduate from Nebraska? Assume he played all four years there?

Return to “Football”