August 18, 2023 Marietta 18 - 21 Fort Frye

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 1: Fort Frye @ Marietta

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta running the Wing t will work in the Cadets favor. I do think this game will be close.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Regardless of outcome, I am glad they are playing. Good for the county and will be a great gate I'm sure. FF will be tough to beat for sure, but I hope it's a good game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Rough night for the Cadets as they lose Jamboree to Morgan 27-7.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will have a good team they are just going to have some growing pains early.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Any word on how Marietta’s 2nd scrimmage went ?

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:52 pm Fort Frye will have a good team they are just going to have some growing pains early.
Good luck to the Cadets this season!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

E High wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:21 pm Any word on how Marietta’s 2nd scrimmage went ?
I shared my thoughts in the “Jamboree Results” thread. First post.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Thanks

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

The Morgan-Fort Frye scrimmage surprises me a bit. Coach Bowman has done a great job reviving Morgan's program and I look for them to contend for the MVL small school title this year, but starting to think Fort may be in a bit more of a rebuild than I expected. Will still be a really tall task for Marietta. Don't want to overreact to scrimmages but struggling against Cambridge is concerning. Regardless, really looking forward to this one.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I think this one will be closer than I first anticipated, but it’s hard to go against Fort Frye in this game. Classic example of a program learning to win and compete and a program that expects to win. Hopefully it’s a great game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort really did move the ball well with some basic offensive plays they just couldn’t get big first downs. Only ran like 2 pass plays. They didn’t play well they need to come up more fired up. This is first ever TSL game in football. Marietta running the wing T plays into the Cadets hands. I’ll take Fort Frye by 7 in a lower scoring game. Fort will still have the 2 best players on the field in Clayton Miller and Graham Baker

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:13 pm Fort really did move the ball well with some basic offensive plays they just couldn’t get big first downs. Only ran like 2 pass plays. They didn’t play well they need to come up more fired up. This is first ever TSL game in football. Marietta running the wing T plays into the Cadets hands. I’ll take Fort Frye by 7 in a lower scoring game. Fort will still have the 2 best players on the field in Clayton Miller and Graham Baker
Marietta won two games last year by a total of 18 points. No way this isn’t a running clock for Fort Frye. They have the best program in SEO.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:13 pm Fort really did move the ball well with some basic offensive plays they just couldn’t get big first downs. Only ran like 2 pass plays. They didn’t play well they need to come up more fired up. This is first ever TSL game in football. Marietta running the wing T plays into the Cadets hands. I’ll take Fort Frye by 7 in a lower scoring game. Fort will still have the 2 best players on the field in Clayton Miller and Graham Baker
I think this will be lower scoring as well. Marietta's defense should be solid, the offense will be the question imo. If 2023 Marietta's offense looks anything like 2022 Marietta's offense, I think this will be 21-7 type of game in favor of the Cadets. If the Tigers show they've made some strides since last season and their playmakers get the ball and make some plays, things could get interesting.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

To be fair, Marietta also ran an extremely vanilla game plan against Cambridge. Most people do in scrimmages. It is good for context, but Fort doing so is not unique by any measure.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

boss8 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:53 pm
To be fair, Marietta also ran an extremely vanilla game plan against Cambridge. Most people do in scrimmages. It is good for context, but Fort doing so is not unique by any measure.
That was my point no reason to over react to a scrimmage.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:27 pm
boss8 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:53 pm
That was my point no reason to over react to a scrimmage.
That’s why the Morgan score doesn’t tell me much about FF. Is it surprising? Yes. Do I think that would be the score in a real game? Absolutely not. No one is getting anywhere near the meat of their playbook in a scrimmage or jamboree.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Ff going to struggle this year, particularly first game with missing players. Hopefully by end of year will be better

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marietta win this game. They return all their talent from last year and are healthy. FF has been the standard but it’s so hard to sustain that success especially with limited numbers at a smaller school. I’ll take Marietta 19-14

Wildcatone
Riding the Bench

Post by Wildcatone »

Question for the Marietta residents. Does the Marietta Times even cover Tiger Football anymore ? I'm seeing quite a bit of Williamstown football coverage but sadly not very much on the Tigers. Is the Times owned by the Parkersburg newspaper nowadays ? So much West Virginia coverage in the Times nowadays.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:41 am I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marietta win this game. They return all their talent from last year and are healthy. FF has been the standard but it’s so hard to sustain that success especially with limited numbers at a smaller school. I’ll take Marietta 19-14
You sure Marietta is healthy ?

Return to “Football”