Scrimmage Results

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Did IronTon Travel to Cincy AnderSon?

Or did they host The RapTors?

T’was able to find some footage of that aerial attack of Their 2022 squad in regular & Playoff season that had a DEEP playoff run & went down fighting to Kings Mills.

KM GAVE Toledo Central Catholic, the Eventual D2 champs a high scoring challenge also.

Actually, Very high scoring offenses everywhere you look in final 8 of D2. It did not calm down until TCC defeated Akron Hoban 28-21 in D2 FINALSHIP.

Just curious, if any1 went to this scrimmage of the FighTing Tigers & The talented AnderSon squad & the Velocity of the returning raptors QB?!?!

Bigreds pride
Freshman Team

Post by Bigreds pride »

Any word on the St c and garaway scrimmage

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton scrimmage was in Cincinnati

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:47 pm Took the scenic route to Roane County today to see the Warriors play a school the same size as them. Roane scored 3 times and Warren didn’t score. Beg003 probably has a better rundown from his seat.
So did I, you should’ve came and said hello. Three starters out, wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. They hit some plays in the passing game but didn’t run the ball for anything. I’m sure we’re well on our way to 0-10 in your book. I really don’t know what your problem is with these coaches and kids but you’re truly making yourself into a joke. It’s embarrassing for yourself and for the school you claim to “represent.” The hypocrisy gets very old, very fast. If they’re so bad, which just isn’t true, then how about supporting them and not badmouthing them on an anonymous site where you can get away with it.

All I did was tell the score. Didn’t bad mouth anything. You’re the one getting all defensive about stuff. And I said was you’ll probably have the rundown with stats etc. Im not that technical. I don’t recall saying anything negative?
Honestly, I do see Warren winning 4 or 5 games if they stay healthy. But their schedule isn’t easy and their depth is non existent.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:39 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:47 pm Took the scenic route to Roane County today to see the Warriors play a school the same size as them. Roane scored 3 times and Warren didn’t score. Beg003 probably has a better rundown from his seat.
So did I, you should’ve came and said hello. Three starters out, wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. They hit some plays in the passing game but didn’t run the ball for anything. I’m sure we’re well on our way to 0-10 in your book. I really don’t know what your problem is with these coaches and kids but you’re truly making yourself into a joke. It’s embarrassing for yourself and for the school you claim to “represent.” The hypocrisy gets very old, very fast. If they’re so bad, which just isn’t true, then how about supporting them and not badmouthing them on an anonymous site where you can get away with it.

All I did was tell the score. Didn’t bad mouth anything. You’re the one getting all defensive about stuff. And I said was you’ll probably have the rundown with stats etc. Im not that technical. I don’t recall saying anything negative?
Honestly, I do see Warren winning 4 or 5 games if they stay healthy. But their schedule isn’t easy and their depth is non existent.
My point is that every post you make has no context, no details, or anything of substance, only that “they’re terrible” or they’re a “JV team.” And you’ve still yet to compliment a player on something good they did in a scrimmage. Our first drive, we went right down the field running and passing the ball and got stopped at about the 20 (after starting at the opposite 30), after the ten play limit. That’s probably a scoring drive. The varsity had two series each way. Not exactly a huge sample size. If they stay healthy, I’d say 7 wins is a possibility. If not, then that’s a different story.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:58 pm

My point is that every post you make has no context, no details, or anything of substance, only that “they’re terrible” or they’re a “JV team.” And you’ve still yet to compliment a player on something good they did in a scrimmage. Our first drive, we went right down the field running and passing the ball and got stopped at about the 20 (after starting at the opposite 30), after the ten play limit. That’s probably a scoring drive. The varsity had two series each way. Not exactly a huge sample size. If they stay healthy, I’d say 7 wins is a possibility. If not, then that’s a different story.
After seeing what Morgan did to Fort Frye I wouldn’t put that in the win column. Fairfield Union, Logan, Point, and Cambridge (after shutting down Marietta the other night) will be legit. I can bet Warren isn’t walking into Beverly and winning. I’ll say Belpre, Marietta and Alexander will be wins but Alexander has a crazy good passing game and Warren hasn’t won at Marietta for awhile. 7 wins is a reach but I’m leaning more toward 4-5.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Valley 22 ND 18. Played 3 quarters.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:15 pm

After seeing what Morgan did to Fort Frye I wouldn’t put that in the win column. Fairfield Union, Logan, Point, and Cambridge (after shutting down Marietta the other night) will be legit. I can bet Warren isn’t walking into Beverly and winning. I’ll say Belpre, Marietta and Alexander will be wins but Alexander has a crazy good passing game and Warren hasn’t won at Marietta for awhile. 7 wins is a reach but I’m leaning more toward 4-5.
Fort Frye never starts well so I don’t read too far into that. Alexander’s “crazy good” passing game that got them beat 55-12 last year? Maybe you and I watched a different game. Marietta will be improved but that game is very winnable. Cambridge had a solid, knowledgeable poster say they’d be lucky to win 3 games. They lost everybody from last year and that wasn’t a blowout. Logan was only a 3 point game last year that could’ve easily gone the other way. Morgan was the same. Fairfield Union was 5-5 but beat only one team with a better record than 2-8. It’s not an easy schedule, but it’s not exactly murderers row either. Worrying about the other team and what they supposedly are and have is totally pointless.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:28 pm Ironton scrimmage was in Cincinnati
How did the Tigers do?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:15 pm
Fort Frye never starts well so I don’t read too far into that. Alexander’s “crazy good” passing game that got them beat 55-12 last year? Maybe you and I watched a different game. Marietta will be improved but that game is very winnable. Cambridge had a solid, knowledgeable poster say they’d be lucky to win 3 games. They lost everybody from last year and that wasn’t a blowout. Logan was only a 3 point game last year that could’ve easily gone the other way. Morgan was the same. Fairfield Union was 5-5 but beat only one team with a better record than 2-8. It’s not an easy schedule, but it’s not exactly murderers row either. Worrying about the other team and what they supposedly are and have is totally pointless.

You seem to think Warren didn’t lose any players from last years team? Those games last year were close or winnable because you had kids like Jason Williams playing defense and a QB who kept teams honest with the passing game. Williams was pretty good down the stretch last year. Not too many RBs play noseguard and dominate an interior line. He did. But I’m sure he’s been replaced with someone who will lead the team to 7 wins this season. The passing game will be controlled totally different too. Trent Taylor was a threat any given night. He’s accuracy with the short game was spot on. His only downfall was he wasn’t a scrambling QB. He started that toward the end of the year and it helped move the chains. Pepper will be double teamed this season and you’ll need to rely on 2 unproven kids at the other receiver spots. 2 kids who have never played the position. Pepper won’t exactly have a dart thrower throwing to him either. Sealey is a great athlete but he’s not Trent Taylor passing wise. That will be tough. You lost the best freshmen on the team this seasons who probably would’ve started. You lost your leading tackler on defense and tough Grimm kid. Now I could go on all night and show you how much I really do know about the Warriors but we’ll see when the dust settles who was right and who was wrong.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:54 pm

You seem to think Warren didn’t lose any players from last years team? Those games last year were close or winnable because you had kids like Jason Williams playing defense and a QB who kept teams honest with the passing game. Williams was pretty good down the stretch last year. Not too many RBs play noseguard and dominate an interior line. He did. But I’m sure he’s been replaced with someone who will lead the team to 7 wins this season. The passing game will be controlled totally different too. Trent Taylor was a threat any given night. He’s accuracy with the short game was spot on. His only downfall was he wasn’t a scrambling QB. He started that toward the end of the year and it helped move the chains. Pepper will be double teamed this season and you’ll need to rely on 2 unproven kids at the other receiver spots. 2 kids who have never played the position. Pepper won’t exactly have a dart thrower throwing to him either. Sealey is a great athlete but he’s not Trent Taylor passing wise. That will be tough. You lost the best freshmen on the team this seasons who probably would’ve started. You lost your leading tackler on defense and tough Grimm kid. Now I could go on all night and show you how much I really do know about the Warriors but we’ll see when the dust settles who was right and who was wrong.
You got your opinion, I got mine. We obviously view things differently. I’m not going to keep beating a dead horse because neither of us are going to change the others’ mind. I could do this all day, but nobody on here wants to read that.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:10 pm

You got your opinion, I got mine. We obviously view things differently. I’m not going to keep beating a dead horse because neither of us are going to change the others’ mind. I could do this all day, but nobody on here wants to read that.

Don’t play cards. A flush will never beat 4 aces. No matter how hard you think……

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:22 pm

Don’t play cards. A flush will never beat 4 aces. No matter how hard you think……

What a creative analogy. Have a nice night.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Watched last night’s Minford vs Fairland jamboree…32-0 Fairland…Minford looked pretty rough but Pica didn’t play any that I saw. I would imagine having him out there will help alleviate some pressure on Caudill

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

You seem to think Warren didn’t lose any players from last years team? Those games last year were close or winnable because you had kids like Jason Williams playing defense and a QB who kept teams honest with the passing game. Williams was pretty good down the stretch last year. Not too many RBs play noseguard and dominate an interior line. He did. But I’m sure he’s been replaced with someone who will lead the team to 7 wins this season. The passing game will be controlled totally different too. Trent Taylor was a threat any given night. He’s accuracy with the short game was spot on. His only downfall was he wasn’t a scrambling QB. He started that toward the end of the year and it helped move the chains. Pepper will be double teamed this season and you’ll need to rely on 2 unproven kids at the other receiver spots. 2 kids who have never played the position. Pepper won’t exactly have a dart thrower throwing to him either. Sealey is a great athlete but he’s not Trent Taylor passing wise. That will be tough. You lost the best freshmen on the team this seasons who probably would’ve started. You lost your leading tackler on defense and tough Grimm kid. Now I could go on all Mo night and show you how much I really do know about the Warriors but we’ll see when the dust settles who was right and who was wrong.

Jason Williams was the leading rusher today against WV perennial power Bridgeport.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

a_c_m wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:28 pm Ironton scrimmage was in Cincinnati
How did the Tigers do?
I was not there but was told Anderson rolled. Varsity 8 or 9 to 1 TD. Anderson very good with two stud transfers and return a lot from a 5-5 team that almost won region.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:01 pm

You seem to think Warren didn’t lose any players from last years team? Those games last year were close or winnable because you had kids like Jason Williams playing defense and a QB who kept teams honest with the passing game. Williams was pretty good down the stretch last year. Not too many RBs play noseguard and dominate an interior line. He did. But I’m sure he’s been replaced with someone who will lead the team to 7 wins this season. The passing game will be controlled totally different too. Trent Taylor was a threat any given night. He’s accuracy with the short game was spot on. His only downfall was he wasn’t a scrambling QB. He started that toward the end of the year and it helped move the chains. Pepper will be double teamed this season and you’ll need to rely on 2 unproven kids at the other receiver spots. 2 kids who have never played the position. Pepper won’t exactly have a dart thrower throwing to him either. Sealey is a great athlete but he’s not Trent Taylor passing wise. That will be tough. You lost the best freshmen on the team this seasons who probably would’ve started. You lost your leading tackler on defense and tough Grimm kid. Now I could go on all Mo night and show you how much I really do know about the Warriors but we’ll see when the dust settles who was right and who was wrong.

Jason Williams was the leading rusher today against WV perennial power Bridgeport.
That’s great for him. I have nothing against him, I wish him the best. If he plays any more than 6 games, I’ll be shocked. He’s yet to make it to that in his career, and that’s a fact. His sophomore year he played 5.5 games and last year was about the same. Not a cut on him, but he’s very injury prone.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

Bigreds pride wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:18 pm Any word on the St c and garaway scrimmage
Word on OVA St C 7 Garaway 3 total touchdowns

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

Bellaire 2-0 over John Marshall WV , Varsity . 9 of Bellaire’s first 15 plays went for 10 or more yards . No down and distance only 10 plays and switch, had there been down and distance Bellaire would have scored at will .
JM four players over 285 , two over 300 , upperclassmen and possible D1 ? ? According to reports

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

Bunker Hill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:45 am Bellaire 2-0 over John Marshall WV , Varsity . 9 of Bellaire’s first 15 plays went for 10 or more yards . No down and distance only 10 plays and switch, had there been down and distance Bellaire would have scored at will .
JM four players over 285 , two over 300 , upperclassmen and possible D1 ? ? According to reports
Sounds like Bellaire could be a favorite in the region. Especially if Fort Frye is a little down.

Return to “Football”