August 17, 2023 Portsmouth 59 - 29 Valley

Izladoom
All State

Re: Week 1: Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by Izladoom »

Valley is still fighting they won’t give up they have to try and establish the run but stop trying to get cute with every play and just line up and go at them

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 pm Valley is still fighting they won’t give up they have to try and establish the run but stop trying to get cute with every play and just line up and go at them
Why don't you ask the staff if you can help coach the team? It seems you are full of suggestions and criticism. ;)

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

That drive for valley easily their best of the game a few chunk runs and got in rhythm

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agreed.

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

FIDO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:25 pm
Izladoom wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 pm Valley is still fighting they won’t give up they have to try and establish the run but stop trying to get cute with every play and just line up and go at them
Why don't you ask the staff if you can help coach the team? It seems you are full of suggestions and criticism. ;)
I agree FIDO ….. sounds like someone who applied for the job and didn’t get it or an already disgruntled parent!!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Big Blue Nation wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:04 pm
I agree FIDO ….. sounds like someone who applied for the job and didn’t get it or an already disgruntled parent!!
I dont know but he has been disgruntled for several years.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

FIDO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:16 pm

We have given up 59 points how can anyone not be upset

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

59 is a whole bunch of points in a high school game… but I have faith in Coach Crabtree. Valley is young. They’ll continue to improve as the year goes.

On another note, I am so glad to see Portsmouth having success in football this year. That staff doesn’t get enough credit for what they’ve done the last few years. Heck, they lost their most talented WR this year and still will be a solid SEO football team.

Congrats Trojans on the win!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations Trojans!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Portsmouth needs to learn to tackle low! Hitting high and taking rides or runningback bounces off for more yards for 1st downs or TD’s. Going to be long season if not.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Who is Trojans back? He seems strong and can’t run!!

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Valley put up a good fight. That back for Portsmouth is a beast! Good luck and good health to both teams going forward.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Valley ran out of gas. Their depth is an issue for sure! The Trojans had a good game plan and executed. Both backs were good. Portsmouth’s running back had a heck of a night.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Heiland with 247 and 4 TD’s for the Trojans. Portsmouth needs to find more of a passing game but the running game looked decent, granted Valley defense wasn’t spectacular at stopping the run. Portsmouth will need to work on pass coverage and tackling before going to West next week. I don’t think this Trojan team is phenomenal but they should win 5-6 games. 7 in a row over Valley! Good win Trojans!

Who Dey!
Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Izladoom, Valley put up 29 points after graduating probably 95% of their offense. Besides McNeil and maybe Rideout I don’t know that any of the others saw the field last year. I know it’s 5 new linemen up front. Show up at practice next week and offer to fix the problems. You sound helpful.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:30 pm

I get it. What is the fix? Who are you upset with that you come here every year with nonsense. I've got news for all Valley fans. Ever since Scott Rolfe stopped being the OC everything has been in a decline. Primarily, because during those years, those were the best teams ever fielded at Valley. It isn't a knock on any one coach, including Darren. Jmo

Are u mad at Crabtree or his fist cuz Keller?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

FIDO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:32 pm

I get it. What is the fix? Who are you upset with that you come here every year with nonsense. I've got news for all Valley fans. Ever since Scott Rolfe stopped being the OC everything has been in a decline. Primarily, because during those years, those were the best teams ever fielded at Valley. It isn't a knock on any one coach, including Darren. Jmo

Valley had some loaded teams during those years but a lot of his talent were transfers. There isn’t no more big time transfers and size of team is cut in half.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

It’s just upsetting that we went from almost 2 decades of winning and competing for championships to a team people are happy to schedule for homecoming and everyone just seems ok with it we knew with coach Crabtree there would be a lot of growing pains he is new to being a head coach it just seems like we make adjustments way to late and the style of offense we run just doesn’t seem to be working yeah we scored 29 but some of that was just luck like the score before the half and the first play catching Portsmouth in the perfect defense for that play but then Portsmouth changed immediately and went away from that defense from then on to man and we kept trying the screens and getting shut down but we just kept doing them one drive we completely both passes on 1st and second but it was then 3rd and 13 then on a 4th called the exact same play in a row and it had zero chance to work I have faith that Crabtree will become a good coach and figure things out like I said in my one post that players kept fighting they just was put in some bad situations but hats off to Portsmouth they seen what was working and what wasn’t and took it to us

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

14U wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Valley had some loaded teams during those years but a lot of his talent were transfers. There isn’t no more big time transfers and size of team is cut in half.
Good point about size of Valley’s roster now. Valley has roughly 30 kids and about 25 of them are freshmen and sophomores. They’re essentially a jv team playing a varsity schedule this season.

Don’t measure success this season by wins and losses. Just hope the young players get better as season goes on and know things are looking up in future. Coach Crabtree and staff will be fine if community is realistic with their expectations.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley has always gone thru these spurts, even under McGinnis, Miller, Darren C and now the current regime. There isn't enough homegrown talent to sustain the type of team that's competing for the SOC I or II on an annual basis. The lean years have always been very lean. Valley will never be in the same league of consistency as Burg, but neither are West, Minford and all the other SOC teams. Unless someone develops a pipeline of recruits to bolster homegrown talent then be happy with a 5-5 team, most years.

I know you are aware of all of this. Coaching can only carry you so far. Sometimes, you are what you are!!!

Return to “Football”