Daddy ball, can it work?

eagle25
JV Team

Daddy ball, can it work?

Post by eagle25 »

Can daddy ball be successful? What say the masses?

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Daddy ball, can it work?

Post by Baldeagle »

As i understand it, daddyball has seen wild success in certain programs and I expect to see it bleed further into the programs at our schools. Trimble and Federal hocking (Basketball) has been outstanding since adopting daddyball as a primary focus for example. It looks like its making its way in at Ironton, Athens, and Portsmouth Notre Dame all are expereincing increasing degrees of parental involvement and should expect multiple state titles because of it. DADDY KNOWS BEST!

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

Daddy ball? Heck at NY we not only got daddy ball we also got uncle ball, grandpa ball, cousin ball, brother from another mother ball and we’re rocking it. Best program in the area for sure. So yes we provin it can work great.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

It's harder and harder each year for programs to find coaches in all sports so that leaves the door open for dads to step in. Parent coaches will only continue to trend upwards moving forward IMO.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Daddy ball can work, but the daddy has to be honest with his team, himself and his child. If they don’t, then not only is it an embarrassment to his child but also an embarrassment to himself and his program. I’m not particularly fond of it, but I do think it has and can work.

WWE HALL OF FAME
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I guess it's got football this far so yeah it works, it's not some new found idea that is just now being stumbled upon. Based on location and the sizes of schools at the younger levels having dads coach is about the only way to get anyone to coach that's just the reality of it. I've coached at each level up into high school, I've coached my kid in the younger levels and I found it very easy to be fair as some say you just have to be coach. Never had any complaints at least not to my face but I have been at games where I've heard ppl complaining to that I always ask them if they offered their time to help since they knew so much. Plus you've got this topic labeled wrong, daddy ball has always been a reference people will use to knock the dad for taking care of his kid and using his kid when other players were perceived to be better. Seems like to me you're asking whether or not football programs can succeed and continue to grow with parents playing the role as the main coaches.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Doesn’t work when the coaches hold different standards for their kids and their kids play important positions over others who are better

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Boston Creampuff wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:51 pm Daddy ball? Heck at NY we not only got daddy ball we also got uncle ball, grandpa ball, cousin ball, brother from another mother ball and we’re rocking it. Best program in the area for sure. So yes we provin it can work great.
Damned if you ain’t. Nephew right, nephew left, nephew up the middle. Then when he gets tired it’s son right, son left, son up the middle. But they do let the QB run and pass a few times just to keep teams honest.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Daddyball is way different than Dad that is the coach. When the Dad is a coach he holds the program to the same standards and allows the players to play the game. Spots are earned and standards are fair. Daddyball is the game where dad coaches and son plays key spots and plays without earning anything standards are changed and usually ends up being a mess. Dads that can coach are not the same thing as Daddyball

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Yes, IF. If the daddy coach, can be professional, can put the team first, and can coach his son like he would coach any other player on the team. Without daddy ball in youth sports, we probably wouldn't have teams to play.

The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Post by The Voice aka LR »

I don’t see nothing wrong with a dad coaching his son. Phil coached his sons and Rusty is coaching his son and both are pretty darn good.

Return to “Football”