August 18, 2023 Portsmouth West 29 - 32 Fairland

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Fairland @ Portsmouth West

Post by art_vandelay »

Big playoff points win for Fairland. I wasn’t sure how West’s offense would do without Irwin and Sissel, but sounds like they did just fine. Both of these teams will be in the Region 19 mix come playoff time.*

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I didn’t get to make it, but heard it was an instant classic. We just cannot seem to get the best of Fairland these last 3 years but these situations prepare young guys like no amount of practices can. Keep the head up, learn, and get on a roll. Sounded like the offense is still able to score, have to cut the big chunk plays out. Big rivalry game next Friday , stay hungry Siders

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

It was a classic... worst thang though... Fairland really puts a top notch YouTube broadcast on.. good commentary.. overall a really nice job. But ol west wouldn't allow em to broadcast. Turned it over to west media or something. And i get it if ya have some announcers...or any kind of production at all...lol. all we got was the game.. and terrible once in a while hints of the announcers call... an I have no dog in the fight. Great gsme.. west's facility looked great.. jus like to flip on Fairlands games.. they do a nice job

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Rza1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:44 am It was a classic... worst thang though... Fairland really puts a top notch YouTube broadcast on.. good commentary.. overall a really nice job. But ol west wouldn't allow em to broadcast. Turned it over to west media or something. And i get it if ya have some announcers...or any kind of production at all...lol. all we got was the game.. and terrible once in a while hints of the announcers call... an I have no dog in the fight. Great gsme.. west's facility looked great.. jus like to flip on Fairlands games.. they do a nice job
I’m not sure how the room situation is in the press box so I don’t know if that’s the reason. We do have a media stream and if there is only room for one that is fair. Only issue is, our media channel is terrible. Fairland has a great one, I have watched it before. I would love to see a class or club get started at West that is just devoted to sports streaming, journalism, and social media presence. I’m not a huge technology guy but that is the times we are in. I’m sure these kids can come up with some cool stuff. Our camera work and lack of commentating makes it really hard to watch a game right now. At the very least I’m sure we can find a few bleacher coaches that would love to call the games

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:50 am
Rza1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:44 am It was a classic... worst thang though... Fairland really puts a top notch YouTube broadcast on.. good commentary.. overall a really nice job. But ol west wouldn't allow em to broadcast. Turned it over to west media or something. And i get it if ya have some announcers...or any kind of production at all...lol. all we got was the game.. and terrible once in a while hints of the announcers call... an I have no dog in the fight. Great gsme.. west's facility looked great.. jus like to flip on Fairlands games.. they do a nice job
I’m not sure how the room situation is in the press box so I don’t know if that’s the reason. We do have a media stream and if there is only room for one that is fair. Only issue is, our media channel is terrible. Fairland has a great one, I have watched it before. I would love to see a class or club get started at West that is just devoted to sports streaming, journalism, and social media presence. I’m not a huge technology guy but that is the times we are in. I’m sure these kids can come up with some cool stuff. Our camera work and lack of commentating makes it really hard to watch a game right now. At the very least I’m sure we can find a few bleacher coaches that would love to call the games

Hey me neither on the technology... and luke I said I wasn't doggin anybody.. and I agree that all schools should prob have a media or broadcast class.. good luck this week.. dragons are a rare match up. (Scheme wise) An it jus seems they've had your alls # lately. Always a good game

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

West started off just like I imagined, but showed resilience in the 2nd half. They did well with most starters playing both ways and are very thin on subs. From what I seen Fairland is efficient and effective going fast and will be hard to deal with offensively, but West showed a weakness in the Dragons run Defense. IMO West won, but the Dragons made one play better to win. The no call hold at the end was pretty bad.

WWE HALL OF FAME
JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Mr Bell (Jerry) heads up the FDN Fairland Dragons Network. He is a great guy and would be willing to help anyone out.

Return to “Football”