August 25, 2023 Belpre 0 - 62 Fort Frye

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Belpre (0-1)

Post by BJCassady »

Yeah, this will be a very tough matchup for Belpre, but FF is our size school, in our region and if we make the playoffs we will probably face them.

It would have been better to resume the series in a couple of years vs now, but it is what it is so we deal with it.

It has always been a good gate for both schools, especially so because it has always been game 1, 2 or 3 of the season.

While the overall score vs Warren last week was disappointing we showed great effort on the field and the biggest improvement was that the coaching staff coached up the kids until the final play. We let 2 TDs slip through our hands in the 1st half vs Warren. Adjustments were made at halftime.

At this point of our rebuild, we have good Jimmies and Joes, what we need is someone to teach them the X's and O's so they can improve. While some folks will knock our HC, he has taken ownership of the program and he/they are doing the things during the week we need to do to get better. Practices are SOOO much more structured.

We have lost the last 2 seasons of development for our players and this won't be made back up in a couple of weeks of practice regardless of who the coaching staff is.

Keeping the faith.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

FF a lot Belpre 0.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:53 pm I will root for these Belpre kids in every game they play this season because of what they have had to deal with the past couple seasons, and they still continue to fight. I look at Fort Frye and how arrogant their fans have been the past few seasons (deservingly so with all the success they have had) but it can serve as a reminder and a beacon of hope for Belpre. It doesn't seem like that long ago FF was going 2-8 and getting pushed around by the likes of Warren. All it takes is one group of kids to turn it around. While it may not be this group, the will to fight, and effort put forth now, can set an example for teams in the future. Good luck Eagles
2008 was the last time FF had a losing record. Since then, they’ve been pretty solid. Belpre beat them 17-6 back in 2008. Not a FF fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due. They are a solid program.
FF - Whatever they want
Belpre - 0

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
NotFunnyAtAll
Waterboy

Post by NotFunnyAtAll »

boss8 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:53 am This will be a bloodbath. What is Belpre doing scheduling FF?
Belpre would lost to every team in a 50 mile radius. They have to play someone…

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:02 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:45 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:50 am

Jimmie Bell wanted that game. Said Belpre won’t get better until they play the best.
Warren started playing Belpre again in 2019 when Devol was at Belpre.

We were talking about Belpre picking Fort Frye back up.
I don’t know why teams don’t schedule harder now anyways. With 16 playoff teams it’s almost impossible to miss the playoffs. Play some teams that will make you better for playoff time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muffler wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:32 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:45 am

Warren started playing Belpre again in 2019 when Devol was at Belpre.

I don’t know why teams don’t schedule harder now anyways. With 16 playoff teams it’s almost impossible to miss the playoffs. Play some teams that will make you better for playoff time.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Fort Frye couldn’t find games for months. They literally have to play a team from Canada week 4. The team from Canada is staying in Beverly for a week. It’s not that simple as scheduling harder. Fort has scheduled up for last 3-4 years. Just not a lot of teams div 5-7 that want to play Fort Frye.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:54 pm

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Fort Frye couldn’t find games for months. They literally have to play a team from Canada week 4. The team from Canada is staying in Beverly for a week. It’s not that simple as scheduling harder. Fort has scheduled up for last 3-4 years. Just not a lot of teams div 5-7 that want to play Fort Frye.
Is this a one year deal Is ff going to Canada this year must be hard for them to find games too

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Is this a one year deal Is ff going to Canada this year must be hard for them to find games too
Next year

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Definitely cannot question Fort Frye's strength of schedule. That's ridiculous given who they have played the last several seasons.

Not a fan of this matchup, but don't really hate it from FF's perspective. Huge matchup with Bellaire next week. Work on some things in the first half, then get your starters some rest.

From Belpre's perspective, it makes zero sense. I understand wanting a local game with a big gate, but this game won't be competitive at all. Give your kids and the new staff a chance to compete. Need to fill the non conference schedule with the Beallsvilles, Manchesters, and Millersports of the world. Fact of the matter is, Belpre is a complete rebuild from rock bottom.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

They staying at Lakeside?

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Fort Frye schedules weak teams in bigger divisions. Scheduling warren who will go 2-8 and Marietta who will go 1-10 is not really scheduling up. I have a hard time believing ironton or mogadore or Kirkland would be afraid to play you guys.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muffler wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Fort Frye schedules weak teams in bigger divisions. Scheduling warren who will go 2-8 and Marietta who will go 1-10 is not really scheduling up. I have a hard time believing ironton or mogadore or Kirkland would be afraid to play you guys.
They didn’t play Zanesville , St Henry , Lima Central Catholic recently? They lost to Linsly 42-39 and Linsly literally beat Steubenville. Linsly was one of the best teams in West Virginia last year. I get it you trolling but you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:21 pm

They didn’t play Zanesville , St Henry , Lima Central Catholic recently? They lost to Linsly 42-39 and Linsly literally beat Steubenville. Linsly was one of the best teams in West Virginia last year. I get it you trolling but you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Oh I’m sorry you mean 3-7 Zanesville. Or Lima who you lost to or st. Henry who you should’ve lost to? 3 tough regular season games in 3 years isn’t impressive Mr. EasternDSPY. Let me know when you guys beat someone who’s actually better than you and then we will see who is trolling…

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

Muffler wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:16 pm

Oh I’m sorry you mean 3-7 Zanesville. Or Lima who you lost to or st. Henry who you should’ve lost to? 3 tough regular season games in 3 years isn’t impressive Mr. EasternDSPY. Let me know when you guys beat someone who’s actually better than you and then we will see who is trolling…
LOL this is an incredibly bad take.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

By no means am I a fort Frye fan But if a team is better than you it’s because they beat you

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Will Belpre score this year?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Same stuff every year. Just a Waterford fan without a leg to stand on. You ignored Linsly I see. Get over it you tried to say Linsly wasn’t good last year. Zanesville plays a crazy schedule. 2 years ago they were super fast. Don’t see many D6 schools playing them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:20 pm Will Belpre score this year?
Didn’t they score last week? Paper had it 66-6

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You are right---2nd half was 6 to 6

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NotFunnyAtAll
Waterboy

Post by NotFunnyAtAll »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:52 pm

Same stuff every year. Just a Waterford fan without a leg to stand on. You ignored Linsly I see. Get over it you tried to say Linsly wasn’t good last year. Zanesville plays a crazy schedule. 2 years ago they were super fast. Don’t see many D6 schools playing them.
So what does that make it 4 tough regular season games in 3 years? That’s still pretty weak scheduling by FF.

Return to “Football”