August 26, 2023 Ironton 35 - 14 Jackson

gobucs20
JV Team

Re: JACKSON AT IRONTON

Post by gobucs20 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:24 am
Mr Shifty wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:07 am To say Mr Shifty was surprised about Ironton's performance against Jackson would be an understatement. Not that they beat Jackson and by so much but something else. The discipline The Fighting Tigers displayed. Whata turn around from the Burg game. Gone were the stupid penalties that hurt them so much before. They need to keep building on this.

They have to. To go back they'll embarrass themselves in two weeks in front of the whole tri-state
I have one huge concern. Ironton is gonna have to sustain actual drives against Midland or it will.be LIGHTS OUT early for Ironton.

Midland is as.deep or deeper than Ironton
Midland.is bigger.
Midland.is as fast or faster.

A.sweep to Terry wont break the game open vs Midland. They will need actual well executed drives to win.

If they tackle against Midland like they did last night vs Jackson, Midlands Curtis Jones will rush for 200.yards. Not to mention they have ANOTHER 1,000 yard rusher and.a 1st yr QB1 transfer from Parkersburg South who can do it all.

And in the meantime - Fairland is the trap game.

These Tigers are gonna have to GROW UP fast.
Is midland west virginia good or northern ohio good. Big difference. If they are west virginia good and Ironton plays are reasonably clean game ironton should win. If they are northern ohio good the it will be lights out for Ironton just like it is every time they play up there.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:55 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:07 am To say Mr Shifty was surprised about Ironton's performance against Jackson would be an understatement. Not that they beat Jackson and by so much but something else. The discipline The Fighting Tigers displayed. Whata turn around from the Burg game. Gone were the stupid penalties that hurt them so much before. They need to keep building on this.

They have to. To go back they'll embarrass themselves in two weeks in front of the whole tri-state
I have one huge concern. Ironton is gonna have to sustain actual drives against Midland or it will.be LIGHTS OUT early for Ironton.

Midland.is bigger.

A.sweep to Terry wont break the game open vs Midland. They will need actual well executed drives to win.

If they tackle against Midland like they did last night vs Jackson, Midlands Curtis Jones will rush for 200.yards. Not to mention they have ANOTHER 1,000 yard rusher and.a 1st yr QB1 transfer from Parkersburg South who can do it all.

Is midland west virginia good or northern ohio good. Big difference. If they are west virginia good and Ironton plays are reasonably clean game ironton should win. If they are northern ohio good the it will be lights out for Ironton just like it is every time they play up there.
They are the upper echelon of WV FB, they would lose to some Northern OH teams I’d say for the most part. Only teams I’d say from WV that could hang with anyone from Northern OH would be Martinsburg and Huntington High but I couldn’t see them winning by a ton. Martinsburg played Football North beat them 35-7 in years past North has played some of the big privates up north

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: August 26, 2023 Ironton 35 - 14 Jackson

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

👀
Attachments
Screenshot_20230828_205226.jpg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:19 pm

Midland.is bigger.

They are the upper echelon of WV FB, they would lose to some Northern OH teams I’d say for the most part. Only teams I’d say from WV that could hang with anyone from Northern OH would be Martinsburg and Huntington High but I couldn’t see them winning by a ton. Martinsburg played Football North beat them 35-7 in years past North has played some of the big privates up north
Midland vs Huntington this friday. We will get a better look at Midland.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Midland.is bigger.

Midland is good enough that our seops fanbase need not be so arrogant. Ironton STILL has plenty to clean up and this game will be a big atmosphere that is gonna create some distractions leading up. And if Midland beats Huntington this coming Friday the tri state media for this lead up will be HEAVY. Bright lights for a young team. Gotta prepare for it like YOU ARE playing a NE Ohio team.

Note: Midland will have seen the better competition prior to the meeting simply cause they play Huntington who would beat burg, jackson and Fairland. Midland is a real threat. Cant stress it enough.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:57 pm

Absolutely Huntington is loaded this year

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:56 pm👀
:lol: That’s because that’s the ironton kids varsity team… :lol: they get to play the jv schedule while tha recruits get the varsity :lol:

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

wonder how they’d do against Jackson without terry and hart and Pittman? lol 😂

made up team :lol: go tiger fans go! :lol:

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Midland Plays Spring Valley this week.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

mustard wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:33 pm wonder how they’d do against Jackson without terry and hart and Pittman? lol 😂

made up team :lol: go tiger fans go! :lol:
Wonder what kind of house I’d live in if I hit the lottery…wonder how Ohio State would have done if they had the LSU version of Joe Burrow…etc. etc. ad nauseum…who cares? They do have Terry and Hart and Pittman…so push ourselves and work hard enough to beat them.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:16 am
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:04 am

Midland.is bigger.

I remember when Ironton scrimmaged Midland when Terry was a freshman. He broke everyones ankles on the field for a touchdown. Midland has no Terry and no other team around here has a Terry. He is the most explosive and talented kid in this area. Midland is the bigger school and “should” be able to get the W! I think Midlands Linebackers look slow. Maybe they aren’t, we will see. So the pressure will be on them. Tigers grow up fast? C’mon! They replaced 8 on defense and i think 9 on offense and are 2-0! They beat burg and jackson, not like they are push overs. For fairland, they have beat west and wellston…neither of those two teams are very good. Ironton would put a running clock on either of them.
You know what I remember? Ironton looking amazing vs local seo teams then getting to Canton and getting MOLLY WHOPPED year after year, after year, after year. Go ahead and walk into Huntington vs Midland overconfident and watch what happens. Gotta improve or it will be a long night for us. Do NOT say I didnt tell ya so. Better take them seriously. Midland CAN beat Ironton and vice versa. This isnt a rinky dink ovc or seo school..And its not a scrimmage and Midland has the edge in experience..and Midland is very well coached and Ironton should know since our HC was the 3rd option behind MIDLANDS HC. Way too cocky. Smh
Midland went 6-4 last year…wow thats some superior coaching. Everyone likes to hate on Pendleton and you have to get to the state game to have a shot at winning it. You act like state runner up is a bad thing. Midland should beat Ironton easy with the school size comparison. So Ironton should be the under dog. Im not being cocky, i stated facts 🗣️

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

At least Ironton is willing to play Midland . I don't see any of you naysayers team willing to play a school their size. people on here talk crap about Ironton and don't know a thing about the program, Kids or coaches. those kids work their tail off and the results shows on the field. Midland may win the game but can your school ever boast about playing the first high school game at Marshall Stadium? Didn't think so!

People call them losers because they have gone to the state and lost three times. at least they fought hard getting there, and the life time experience these young men experience. How many kids can talk about what it was like playing at the Football Hall of fame? not many unless you went to Ironton and you wonder why kids want to play at Ironton. Good Luck Tigers and if you make it to Canton again this year I'll be there rooting you on win or lose.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:07 am At least Ironton is willing to play Midland . I don't see any of you naysayers team willing to play a school their size. people on here talk crap about Ironton and don't know a thing about the program, Kids or coaches. those kids work their tail off and the results shows on the field. Midland may win the game but can your school ever boast about playing the first high school game at Marshall Stadium? Didn't think so!

People call them losers because they have gone to the state and lost three times. at least they fought hard getting there, and the life time experience these young men experience. How many kids can talk about what it was like playing at the Football Hall of fame? not many unless you went to Ironton and you wonder why kids want to play at Ironton. Good Luck Tigers and if you make it to Canton again this year I'll be there rooting you on win or lose.
Need to focus on fairland first. Ironton may be in for a surprise. They are pretty good.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I definitely don’t think they are looking ahead. Talking to a few people I know around the program they are taking Fairland as a serious threat for sure. Focused on this week not the next.

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:28 am
RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:07 am At least Ironton is willing to play Midland . I don't see any of you naysayers team willing to play a school their size. people on here talk crap about Ironton and don't know a thing about the program, Kids or coaches. those kids work their tail off and the results shows on the field. Midland may win the game but can your school ever boast about playing the first high school game at Marshall Stadium? Didn't think so!

Need to focus on fairland first. Ironton may be in for a surprise. They are pretty good.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Midland plays Spring Valley smh

Still a decent test but not the marquee I thought. Smh. My bad

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:14 pm

Spring Valley took one on the chin last week, from Huntington. And they didn’t get any transfers like Hurricane or Cabell Midland did

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

“ If they are northern ohio good the it will be lights out for Ironton just like it is every time they play up there.”

Not for me & my boys in ‘79...

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:03 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:14 pm

Spring Valley took one on the chin last week, from Huntington. And they didn’t get any transfers like Hurricane or Cabell Midland did
Yup Huntington is loaded

Return to “Football”