Who's taking Ironton's OVC Spot

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Who's taking Ironton's OVC Spot

Post by vcgrad »

They will play teams outside the state-- I agree if they leave in football-- they need to be out in everything else.

Bofadeez25
Waterboy

Post by Bofadeez25 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:03 pm They will play teams outside the state-- I agree if they leave in football-- they need to be out in everything else.
It will be very similar to how Notre Dave is affiliated with the ACC. All other sports but football are in the league. At least a few teams still have the balls to play the Tigers and will make them better as a result. They’ll be the ones dominating the OVC in the coming years

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

I don’t know that anyone would take Irontons place in the OVC. At least not for football only, or another school wanting to compete in all sports. River Valley, Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, and Buffalo Wayne( not defunct and part of the consolidation into Spring Valley) are past members of the conference. None of those three mentioned above would want to be involved for football. At least in my opinion.

Now as far as who will be in the running to be the conference champion in 2024 is yet to be determined. So far Coal Grove, Fairland, and Gallia Academy are 2-0 this season. What do each bring back next year?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

If ovc football in 2024 falls in a forrest and Ironton ain't around, does it make a sound?.😂

Return to “Football”