September 1, 2023 Ironton 62 - 14 Fairland

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Re: WK3 2-0 Fairland v 2-0 Ironton (OVC CHIP)?

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

TheIronBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:47 pm Their is just simply a huge skill gap between these too teams. Fairland is SEO good- Ironton is ALL of Ohio good. Gimme Ironton by 28.
Since there is such a talent gap,Ironton going zero coverage right, man up… #NotAchance

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Most of the kids that could provide the proof don’t want to cry foul, they would rather use it as motivation to try to beat the Tigers. Also those same kids don’t really look at it as “cheating” or any big deal. The game changer was open enrollment, not that the previous rules were not being skirted for years by MANY local programs. So folks with an issue need to address the powers that be concerning open enrollment. Which in turn can hurt the kids. Adults that hurt kids, especially to win a HS football game, are setting a bad example for our young people. I don’t agree with the open recruiting but it’s nothing new. Even with the geographical handicap in Gallia county, Gallia has benefited thru the years. Chad Barnes, Dave Hager, Adam Blair, tommy Bose, Donnie Johnson, Isaac clary, Justin mcclelland, Jacob campbell, Bryan hall etc…..

I think ironton wins this one going away but it may be close for awhile. Fairland finds a way to control the LOS they could get the W.

frankie
Varsity

Re: Week 3 Fairland at ironton

Post by frankie »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:33 am
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:50 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 am

I would say the issue is more with the other schools not having the same *recruiting* staff. Yeah. I'll say it. We're all aware of it.
You’re the typical ovc clown with the recruiting excuses!
You called it an excuse, the other guy asked why/how any kid in the area would/could be recruited to Gallia. Neither one of you called me a liar. Curious.

See folks? They'll call it an excuse and take a dig at neighboring districts, but they'll never outright deny it. Why is that?
You have been crying about Ironton recruiting for years now. If you have proof report them instead of beatin' that horse over and over. With open enrollment a kid can transfer where ever they want. Successful programs get transfers that want a better opportunity to be a winner and to get noticed for a chance to play at the next level. Ironton's coach helps these young men get to that next level. He works every bit as hard as he works his players. He contacts colleges for kids in all sports, not just football players and he has done it for kids from other schools, too. He wants kids to succeed and kids notice that. He puts on a football classic, brings in teams from around the country. Next week his team is playing in Joan C, Edwards stadium, the first high school game played there. And against a much bigger school. Instead of hating on him and the Ironton program, the OVC schools should be trying to emulate some of what Ironton is doing instead of the constant bitching about them.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:04 pm Here’s this same song and dance. I’m not a fan of either team but please validate the recruiting process and take it up with the proper agencies. Otherwise, it’s just blowing smoke from no fire. I’ve heard this too many times. Kids and parents transfer schools because of either academics or athletics or the combination of both. I’m not agreeing or against transferring but many parents and their kids have various reasons for changing schools. Would you prefer to play for a team that goes 5-5 or have an opportunity to make a state championship? Most people in life are choosing the former and not the latter. It’s simple logic. Same reason why many people in society choose better paying jobs or more stable incomes. It’s called logic.

As for the someone making the statement about the amicable decision making of Ironton leaving the conference for football, that’s the one thing I’ve read on here that does make sense. Maybe some schools or coaches behind closed doors did huff and puff about Ironton being in the conference. The same people that are upset about it are also the same people that decided to let them in.

So unless there’s substantiated proof that egregious recruiting has happened, then there’s zero reason to talk about it. This exactly why many schools from the SE Region have such a hard time getting to state championships and very few win one. Not only are they going against the other team, the teams within the same area where they came from are also against them, root against after they lose to them, and cry foul all day without a shred of evidence. I know this much, if you want to be successful, you have to build a culture and culture creates success or failure. Ironton has built a culture of success with football. Many other schools have built cultures of success in other various sports or academics in our area.

People should embrace the fact that we have a school, in our own backyard, that has been to 3 state Championships in the last 4 years. Another school right up the road from them that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2015 with a State Championship, and another that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2013. Those are rare and don’t come around too often. From 2000-2013, only 2 true SE Region schools even made it that far: Portsmouth in 2000, and West Portsmouth in 2002.
what is the all time series record between these two teams? just curious

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:42 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:33 am
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:50 am

You’re the typical ovc clown with the recruiting excuses!
You called it an excuse, the other guy asked why/how any kid in the area would/could be recruited to Gallia. Neither one of you called me a liar. Curious.

See folks? They'll call it an excuse and take a dig at neighboring districts, but they'll never outright deny it. Why is that?
You have been crying about Ironton recruiting for years now. If you have proof report them instead of beatin' that horse over and over. With open enrollment a kid can transfer where ever they want. Successful programs get transfers that want a better opportunity to be a winner and to get noticed for a chance to play at the next level. Ironton's coach helps these young men get to that next level. He works every bit as hard as he works his players. He contacts colleges for kids in all sports, not just football players and he has done it for kids from other schools, too. He wants kids to succeed and kids notice that. He puts on a football classic, brings in teams from around the country. Next week his team is playing in Joan C, Edwards stadium, the first high school game played there. And against a much bigger school. Instead of hating on him and the Ironton program, the OVC schools should be trying to emulate some of what Ironton is doing instead of the constant bitching about them.
One thing that I will say about the current coach at GA is he's all about getting his young men as much exposure as possible. I have heard from a parent that he will volunteer himself to take his players to recruiting visits and other such functions around the state. And having known him personally, that's very much on character for him. So to answer your question as to why someone would want to go to GA? Tradition, brotherhood, and a coach who goes above and beyond for his players.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Why would they go to Gallia? Truth, justice, and The American Way!

Why would they go to Ironton? RECRUITING!!

Buckeyes48
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes48 »

Live stream?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Buckeyes48 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:56 pm Live stream?
On my towntv on youtube

Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Fairland not even close be in Ironton's level!!!! Better keep playn Wellston teams... :lol:

Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Shaun Terry......WOW!!!! JUST A DIFFERENT LEVEL!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Score

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Hilltiger
Riding the Bench

Post by Hilltiger »

41-14

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Barney wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:43 pm Shaun Terry......WOW!!!! JUST A DIFFERENT LEVEL!!!
He’s a legit division 1 prospect

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

CAT22 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:10 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:34 am
Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:30 am Ironton 31
Fairland 18
Stop it, get help.

Ironton 45-14
If you think ironton is winning this game by more than 2 scores, you don’t know ball.
Don’t know ball, huh? I said on page 1, Ironton 42 Fairland 6. Learn your lesson? Be quiet while adults discuss football. This game could’ve been won by 60.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Never saw this beat down coming Ironton flexed their muscles tonight and Fairland felt it.
Big game next week for Ironton Midland is in a dog fight with Spring valley at the moment

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Shawn Terry's 3rd qtr TD should be featured on the local sports tonight. Unreal the body control and acceleration that kid has.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Wow sounds like the dragons got taken behind the wood shed

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm Why would they go to Gallia? Truth, justice, and The American Way!

Why would they go to Ironton? RECRUITING!!
LOL TigerBob! Nice pep talk Galliaguy, but it's not working for you.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Cabell Midland is the test, going to be a great game. The rest of the OVC is in trouble. The Ironton fair well tour….

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:36 pm Shawn Terry's 3rd qtr TD should be featured on the local sports tonight. Unreal the body control and acceleration that kid has.
This young man is incredible.

Return to “Football”