Week 3 Notre Dame vs Fisher Catholic

Pathfinder278
Waterboy

Week 3 Notre Dame vs Fisher Catholic

Post by Pathfinder278 »

Thoughts? Anyone know anything about FC this year? Do they livestream their games?

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Notre Dame vs Fisher Catholic

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Pathfinder278 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:47 pm Thoughts? Anyone know anything about FC this year? Do they livestream their games?
They are the typical Catholic High School team. Usually low in numbers and play with a lot of heart. ND should win by 2-3 TD’s. The ND Facebook post shows a livestream, hopefully it’s a good link! GO ND!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

ND is on a roll. Love the new coach.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pathfinder278 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:47 pm Thoughts? Anyone know anything about FC this year? Do they livestream their games?
ND should win this comfortably.

FC is doing some offense that is basically between the Run ‘N Gun and Air Raid. They have a couple really good athletes out wide, but beyond that ND is going to have dudes in spades by comparison. I can see ND winning 63-14.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

ND 22/14 at half

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Man.. idk what to say. ND does an all out blitz every defensive call. They are up 38-14 late in 4th still goin for it on 4th down, Passing the ball, then run a reverse. Oh yeah, onside kick every time. Didn’t they have one of their best players quit?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:01 pm Man.. idk what to say. ND does an all out blitz every defensive call. They are up 38-14 late in 4th still goin for it on 4th down, Passing the ball, then run a reverse. Oh yeah, onside kick every time. Didn’t they have one of their best players quit?
welcome to why I was pessimistic about us having a chance; ND going man free 95% of the time and we incorporate zero safety valves (no screens, no dump-off’s)

Just a frustrating offense. Good luck the rest of the way, ND.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Davis seems like a class act throwing for the endzone on 4th down with :09 left up 29.

Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:01 pm Man.. idk what to say. ND does an all out blitz every defensive call. They are up 38-14 late in 4th still goin for it on 4th down, Passing the ball, then run a reverse. Oh yeah, onside kick every time. Didn’t they have one of their best players quit?
They did. The new coach is the difference.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

55-6 FC win a few years back and didn’t let off the gas. So class isn’t in play. Play the game! Go ND!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:38 pm 55-6 FC win a few years back and didn’t let off the gas. So class isn’t in play. Play the game! Go ND!
I forgot that “two wrongs make a right”, and the part where that is a tenant of Catholicism.

No bones against ND; but Davis is a clown for doing that.

Also, that game you’re referencing is ‘apples to oranges’ to what Davis did.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

3-0….GO ND!!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:42 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:38 pm 55-6 FC win a few years back and didn’t let off the gas. So class isn’t in play. Play the game! Go ND!
I forgot that “two wrongs make a right”, and the part where that is a tenant of Catholicism.

Saw the live stream of it. Why FC offensively didn’t throw in some wrinkles (screen, bubble, draws) is beyond me. Notre Dame constantly blitzing and throwing Hail Mary’s (pun not intended) while up 38-17 was head scratching to me. Win with class and lose with dignity isn’t in everyone’s vernacular these days unfortunately. Loved the way that FC’s running back blocked and played tonight. Kid played hard all night despite not getting a lot of touches in a pass heavy offense. I can see FC finishing 5-5 on the season.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Davis doesn’t even try to kick-off downfield, so there goes “Play the game!” lol all of their kickoffs, except for the one booted intentionally out-of-bounds, were just various onside attempts. ND got flagged three different times for various procedural penalties on those inside attempts (one which was ND’s kickoff team breaking out of the huddle and then storming across the LOS before the ball was even kicked.)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:35 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:42 pm

Saw the live stream of it. Why FC offensively didn’t throw in some wrinkles (screen, bubble, draws) is beyond me. Notre Dame constantly blitzing and throwing Hail Mary’s (pun not intended) while up 38-17 was head scratching to me. Win with class and lose with dignity isn’t in everyone’s vernacular these days unfortunately. Loved the way that FC’s running back blocked and played tonight. Kid played hard all night despite not getting a lot of touches in a pass heavy offense. I can see FC finishing 5-5 on the season.
Oh, trust me. I’ve been a strong critic of what FC’s offense tries to do, for all the things that they do not try to do. The staff absolutely needs to look at what they were trying to do with this, because it’s mind-boggling. The playbook has some screens/bubbles in it, too, and yet…

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

I don’t know if you have watched any of the other games they have played but that is what this coach does every game. Like it or not that’s what you will see in every game from here on out. Seems to be working so far. Everybody knows what he does now so all teams have to do is stop it..
As far as one of the best kids quitting, my question would be why did he quit?? It’s not they haven’t been successful or like they didn’t try to get him the ball. So why would he quit on his team mates???
He will be missed but one pretty good kid don’t make or break a team when there is multiple playmakers on this team!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

To give more context on Davis calling the throws into the endzone in the final seconds of the game up 29 points: so, bear in mind that this game took roughly 3.5 hours to finish. The second half had a lot of clock stoppage due to scores of cramping on both sides (that, and the officials did not manage this game in the most urgent fashion.)

ND had marched down the field on their final possession. No complaints from me, there. But, ND got to a 3rd and goal situation from about FC’s 10, about 30 seconds remaining, and tried a trick play that got snuffed out for about a 5 yard loss. Injury timeout — ND has a player on the ground that’s slow to get up. So, ND on fourth down fires into the endzone, broken up. DPI. Penalty’s accepted; ND from the 6 tries another strike into the endzone. Broken up.

Like, given the circumstances of the game and the fact that ND had someone who couldn’t immediately get up after a really bizarre play during a conventional “one kneel ends the game” situation, the idea that Davis thought it was wise and acceptable to try to run up the score two more times, this time via the air, is laughable. If he thought it was wise and acceptable, well, it just so happens that it’s thoughtless and in bad taste.

And “whatabout a game from 2019” is a piss-poor embarrassing defense of the buffoon’s actions — Davis wasn’t at ND then, the FC coach then stopped coaching here after that season, none of the players for either team even played in that game, and that was a game where FC agreed to shorten the quarters.

Point blank: These schools are supposed to be friends. They have far more in common than they do in difference. The relationship between the two has been generally solid over the years: they have honored multi-year contracts to play each other in both boys’ and girls’ basketball (2 hours of one-way travel for a ~90 minute varsity game) when they could instead play closer schools, they have renewed each other on home-homes before in football. Same Diocese, and I think some of these kids actually cross paths with another at retreats. What Davis did was stupid, in bad spirit and dishonorable. The other thing I have heard was Davis got into a tiff with some FC people after the game over refusing to take food that FC had paid for that was meant to feed the Titans after the game. I don’t know the in’s and out’s of that, because I got out of there, but the obvious attempt to run up the score on a sister school and the stupid defense of him is unfortunate for ND.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:05 am To give more context on Davis calling the throws into the endzone in the final seconds of the game up 29 points: so, bear in mind that this game took roughly 3.5 hours to finish. The second half had a lot of clock stoppage due to scores of cramping on both sides (that, and the officials did not manage this game in the most urgent fashion.)

ND had marched down the field on their final possession. No complaints from me, there. But, ND got to a 3rd and goal situation from about FC’s 10, about 30 seconds remaining, and tried a trick play that got snuffed out for about a 5 yard loss. Injury timeout — ND has a player on the ground that’s slow to get up. So, ND on fourth down fires into the endzone, broken up. DPI. Penalty’s accepted; ND from the 6 tries another strike into the endzone. Broken up.

Like, given the circumstances of the game and the fact that ND had someone who couldn’t immediately get up after a really bizarre play during a conventional “one kneel ends the game” situation, the idea that Davis thought it was wise and acceptable to try to run up the score two more times, this time via the air, is laughable. If he thought it was wise and acceptable, well, it just so happens that it’s thoughtless and in bad taste.

And “whatabout a game from 2019” is a piss-poor embarrassing defense of the buffoon’s actions — Davis wasn’t at ND then, the FC coach then stopped coaching here after that season, none of the players for either team even played in that game, and that was a game where FC agreed to shorten the quarters.

Point blank: These schools are supposed to be friends. They have far more in common than they do in difference. The relationship between the two has been generally solid over the years: they have honored multi-year contracts to play each other in both boys’ and girls’ basketball (2 hours of one-way travel for a ~90 minute varsity game) when they could instead play closer schools, they have renewed each other on home-homes before in football. Same Diocese, and I think some of these kids actually cross paths with another at retreats. What Davis did was stupid, in bad spirit and dishonorable. The other thing I have heard was Davis got into a tiff with some FC people after the game over refusing to take food that FC had paid for that was meant to feed the Titans after the game. I don’t know the in’s and out’s of that, because I got out of there, but the obvious attempt to run up the score on a sister school and the stupid defense of him is unfortunate for ND.
You’re complaining that ND onside kicked every time!!! Wouldnt every team want it at the midfield instead of deep in their own end???? To me it would be better odds for FC to score wouldnt it!!
You’re complaining that ND was trying to score with 30 seconds left but FC denied them! Isn’t that what they are suppose to do.
You’re complaining that ND throwing the ball late in the game like it was NDs fault the game took 3.5 hours!! Lol FC I believe threw the ball over 95% of the game and probably 90% of the time it was over 15 yards down field.
Maybe the 1000 flags the refs threw every time ND got a first down and then on most of them they had to huddle to decide what to call may have had a lot to do with the 3.5 hour game as well.
I don’t believe there was a tiff with coach Davis. I believe it was some FC parents being sore losers running their mouths and when the coach said get on the bus then they get mad and run their mouth some more because ND didn’t eat their cold pizza!! Then I know one parent told them sorry but you should have been told they have subway on the bus for boys they run their mouth some more about how they were out all this money for pizza… Again sorry they eat subway after every game!!!! But coach Davis was not in a tiff!

So move on and forget about this game because I don’t think anyone really cares what you think of coach Davis nor will your complaints change anything. A team that wasn’t putting much faith in it because they hired a new coach is now 3-0 and looking strong.
Keep it rolling ND!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:01 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:05 am To give more context on Davis calling the throws into the endzone in the final seconds of the game up 29 points: so, bear in mind that this game took roughly 3.5 hours to finish. The second half had a lot of clock stoppage due to scores of cramping on both sides (that, and the officials did not manage this game in the most urgent fashion.)

You’re complaining that ND onside kicked every time!!! Wouldnt every team want it at the midfield instead of deep in their own end???? To me it would be better odds for FC to score wouldnt it!!

Not when this bush-league crap happens, no.
0E545856-E371-4DD8-A19A-FD1BA457646A.jpeg
F3A04C47-7FD7-4977-B765-B45DA729ABCB.jpeg
400F85DA-3BA1-4C1A-AA84-12571DC5F52D.jpeg
Apparently Davis coaches them to run an onside play that is literally illegal, as the kickoff team cannot cross the line of scrimmage until the ball is kicked. ND blatantly ran across the line and got downfield before the ball was kicked, and it’s a play specifically designed for the kick to not go ten yards. It’s a dirty play and Coach Davis knows full well that the scheme of the play (to cross the line before the kick and hope the refs don’t notice) is illegal, and the intent of it (by not trying to kick a ball that can be recovered by the receiving team, or legally by the kicking team) goes against the spirit of the onside kick.
You’re complaining that ND was trying to score with 30 seconds left but FC denied them! Isn’t that what they are suppose to do.
I’m not complaining that FC denied them. I’m pointing out that Davis tried it twice, and he shouldn’t have. Unless he has no compass of morals, and lacks awareness of what being a coach at a school that promotes the mission of character development actually confers. All I’ve read in defense of his actions is some really bizarre, bad faith ‘whataboutism’ for a game neither coach was responsible for that happened four years ago — and, alas, two wrongs don’t make a right. Or do they teach that at ND?
You’re complaining that ND throwing the ball late in the game like it was NDs fault the game took 3.5 hours!!
ND shouldn’t have fired strikes into the endzone with less than 30 seconds left. The situation didn’t call for it. Period.
Lol FC I believe threw the ball over 95% of the game and probably 90% of the time it was over 15 yards down field.
Maybe the 1000 flags the refs threw every time ND got a first down and then on most of them they had to huddle to decide what to call may have had a lot to do with the 3.5 hour game as well.
That’s neither here nor there. You’re deflecting from the point — ND and FC both had individual players go down multiple times. There were lots of issues with players being down on the field, and I’m sure between the heat & field surface and the long duration of the game those were compounding the issue. FC had a lineman go down four different times. ND also had a player go down four different times — it was their bellcow running back who joined the team this year just as the coach did.

The fact Davis thought it was appropriate, with less than :30 seconds left in a game that was far decided, after yet another player of his went down and an injury timeout was called, to keep running plays and not kneel, is absurd. Went for a strike in the endzone on fourth down — DPI. Davis accepts (instead of declines), and instead of righting the wrong by kneeling he goes for another strike.
I don’t believe there was a tiff with coach Davis. I believe it was some FC parents being sore losers running their mouths and when the coach said get on the bus then they get mad and run their mouth some more because ND didn’t eat their cold pizza!! Then I know one parent told them sorry but you should have been told they have subway on the bus for boys they run their mouth some more about how they were out all this money for pizza… Again sorry they eat subway after every game!!!! But coach Davis was not in a tiff!
LOL, so you’re confirming it did happen. Hey, moron, pizza can be heated up. The pizza offered was not cold, by the way. And even if it was, guess what? It can be eaten later. It’s not chicken or some temperature-sensitive food commodity. And yes, ND should be considerate of the fact that the school paid for your kids to eat.
So move on and forget about this game because I don’t think anyone really cares what you think of coach Davis nor will your complaints change anything. A team that wasn’t putting much faith in it because they hired a new coach is now 3-0 and looking strong.
Keep it rolling ND!!!
Yet, you responded. That’s OK — now everyone gets a reliable narrative, literally corroborated by ND tweedle-dee and tweedle-dums on here, that paints a picture as to who Davis is as a coach and what to be on the lookout for when they play the Titans.

I’ve talked to others already within Region 27 and circles pertinent to ND — they are not looking highly at Davis’ actions.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Glad to hear all this about ND. It’s going to make it all that more satisfying when the Eagles bust that assz. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”