September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

fbnut
SEOP

Re: September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by fbnut »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:11 pm Cade Wolford was the best player on the field and he stepped up and did what a Captain should. Was out sick all week but when the chips were down he stepped up. I wouldn’t trade sophomore quarterbacks so I’m not sure Burg was the better team. Didn’t appear so during the game.
Burg didn’t have the better team, that’s laughable. I agree Jackson by far had the best player on the field and he took over and made the plays when his team needed him to. Burgs entire offense is based on a hope and a prayer, Jackson most drives lined up and ran it down burgs throat. Give me that rather than no run game and rolling qb hoping someone gets open

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:44 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:11 pm Cade Wolford was the best player on the field and he stepped up and did what a Captain should. Was out sick all week but when the chips were down he stepped up. I wouldn’t trade sophomore quarterbacks so I’m not sure Burg was the better team. Didn’t appear so during the game.
Burg didn’t have the better team, that’s laughable. I agree Jackson by far had the best player on the field and he took over and made the plays when his team needed him to. Burgs entire offense is based on a hope and a prayer, Jackson most drives lined up and ran it down burgs throat. Give me that rather than no run game and rolling qb hoping someone gets open
I’m being told to trust the process😂 which is code for get used to losing every year to teams with talent and solid coaching

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:34 pm Ironman98, where I come from, we were taught You Win with humility and lose with Dignity. That’s my lazy analysis! One excuse after another gets old hearing! But great win for the Jackson Ironmen and Congrats to the Head Coach and his assistant. Western Brown will be a challenge this week, good luck! Hope you guys win your league also.
Thank you , same to you.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

fbnut, Bingo. I still say from the games so far minus the Portsmouth transfer, there offense wouldnt be close to what they have scored to date. According to Coach RBH23 and others from what hes said, holding, play calling, off sides for last 5 years has cost them wins.. fbut, your 1 sentence says it all from my view also. Burgs entire offense is a hope and a prayer.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:25 am fbnut, Bingo. I still say from the games so far minus the Portsmouth transfer, there offense wouldnt be close to what they have scored to date. According to Coach RBH23 and others from what hes said, holding, play calling, off sides for last 5 years has cost them wins.. fbut, your 1 sentence says it all from my view also. Burgs entire offense is a hope and a prayer.
Turnovers are the problem! But yes, the offense is a hope and prayer, and the reason for said turnovers. Hence why I stated that Burg is running the wrong style of O.

However, you are on here defending it one moment then insulting it the next. Pick a lane.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Completely agree. Burg is running the wrong O!!

I believe they out gained Jackson, but games are not decided on total yards especially when the O is giving the ball away so often.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Burg should go ahead and make 10,000 T-shirt’s with “ wait till next year” printed on them. Could hand them out every year after the Ironton and Jackson games

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:00 am
Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:25 am fbnut, Bingo. I still say from the games so far minus the Portsmouth transfer, there offense wouldnt be close to what they have scored to date. According to Coach RBH23 and others from what hes said, holding, play calling, off sides for last 5 years has cost them wins.. fbut, your 1 sentence says it all from my view also. Burgs entire offense is a hope and a prayer.
Turnovers are the problem! But yes, the offense is a hope and prayer, and the reason for said turnovers. Hence why I stated that Burg is running the wrong style of O.

However, you are on here defending it one moment then insulting it the next. Pick a lane.
I haven’t seen anything that shows me burg has the line or backs to be a running team

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:07 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:00 am

I haven’t seen anything that shows me burg has the line or backs to be a running team
I’m not really sure what offense they should run. The line doesn’t really pass or run block well, backs really don’t break tackles, wideouts want nothing to do with going over the middle. If the Qb was bigger I would lean on running him 30 times a game. I trust the coaches and maybe this is it. Maybe this is the best they can do with the kids they have.🤷‍♂️

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

what Ive been saying ,you take the Portsmouth transfer out of equation, things would be bleaker on offense. But the SOC starts and things will be back to normal. I think RBH has been right all along. Defense giving up 20 a game or offense having QB run 20--25 times a game. which is it! Coach says its offense, I say defense.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:59 pm what Ive been saying ,you take the Portsmouth transfer out of equation, things would be bleaker on offense. But the SOC starts and things will be back to normal. I think RBH has been right all along. Defense giving up 20 a game or offense having QB run 20--25 times a game. which is it! Coach says its offense, I say defense.
Nine turnovers and a botched punt giving the other team the ball at the one. What you are missing in the 20 pts per game number is starting field position for the opposition due to turnovers and special team blunders. Context matters a great deal.

Let me give you a prime example. Take the 2021 season:
- Burg opens with a loss to IHS 40-6.
- IHS finishes their season with a 17-14 loss to Burg.

Just looking at the score totals without any context (using your way of thinking), IHS was the better team in the first game by a lot (both O and D). In the second game, Burg was the better team with a much improved O and D. That would be your conclusion based on the logic you are applying to this year’s Burg team. But that conclusion would be completely false.

Ironton was the better team. They were the #1 team in the region while Burg was #5. IHS only loss that year prior to this game was Moeller. Burg had three losses coming into this game and had reached this game mainly due to Tingle from Ridgewood getting injured in the prior game.

In the 40-6 game, IHS was the better team, but they weren’t 34 pts better. Burg turned it over four times in the second quarter alone resulting in 28 IHS points. IHS was +3 in turnovers.

In the second game, Burg O actually performed worse than in the first game with regards to yards but much better protecting the ball. IHS was up 14-3 after one, dominating the OL and DL. Suddenly IHS offensive coordinator suffers a massive brain fart and begins throwing the ball all over the field leading to IHS turning it over four times to Burg’s one. Burg +3 in turnovers.

Again, the details behind the numbers matter.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:16 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:59 pm what Ive been saying ,you take the Portsmouth transfer out of equation, things would be bleaker on offense. But the SOC starts and things will be back to normal. I think RBH has been right all along. Defense giving up 20 a game or offense having QB run 20--25 times a game. which is it! Coach says its offense, I say defense.
Nine turnovers and a botched punt giving the other team the ball at the one. What you are missing in the 20 pts per game number is starting field position for the opposition due to turnovers and special team blunders. Context matters a great deal.

Just looking at the score totals without any context (using your way of thinking), IHS was the better team in the first game by a lot (both O and D). In the second game, Burg was the better team with a much improved O and D. That would be your conclusion based on the logic you are applying to this year’s Burg team. But that conclusion would be completely false.

Ironton was the better team. They were the #1 team in the region while Burg was #5. IHS only loss that year prior to this game was Moeller. Burg had three losses coming into this game and had reached this game mainly due to Tingle from Ridgewood getting injured in the prior game.

In the 40-6 game, IHS was the better team, but they weren’t 34 pts better. Burg turned it over four times in the second quarter alone resulting in 28 IHS points. IHS was +3 in turnovers.

In the second game, Burg O actually performed worse than in the first game with regards to yards but much better protecting the ball. IHS was up 14-3 after one, dominating the OL and DL. Suddenly IHS offensive coordinator suffers a massive brain fart and begins throwing the ball all over the field leading to IHS turning it over four times to Burg’s one. Burg +3 in turnovers.

In week 1 burg ironton both play perfect games who wins?
Week 3 burg Jackson play perfect games who wins?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Week 1 Ironton Tigers
Week 2 Jackson Ironmen

Who do you think wins week 5. Harvest Prep vs Wheelersburg! This question is going to be a hard one for them! Probably a 5-6 paragraph coming!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:36 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:16 pm

In week 1 burg ironton both play perfect games who wins?
Week 3 burg Jackson play perfect games who wins?
Week 1: Ironton
Week 3: coin toss but probably Burg

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:44 pm Week 1 Ironton Tigers
Week 2 Jackson Ironmen

Who do you think wins week 5. Harvest Prep vs Wheelersburg! This question is going to be a hard one for them! Probably a 5-6 paragraph coming!
Sorry to confuse you with words. Reading can be difficult.

If both teams play a clean game, HP beats Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JTEK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:33 am
I’m being told to trust the process😂 which is code for get used to losing every year to teams with talent and solid coaching
How many regional and state trophies has Jackson got? Just curious

Also burg still has Jackson in overall wins head to head.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

What does both your replys mean, who cares how many they have and who cares who leads series. Jackson won Friday nite!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:44 pm Week 1 Ironton Tigers
Week 2 Jackson Ironmen

For Jackson

Week 2 : Ironton - Ironton was better, Jackson played them tough and was closer than the final score.

Week 3 : Jackson hands down

Watched em all play and it’s Ironton , Jackson , Burg in that order no doubt.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Welcome to region 19. Burg ain’t sniffing a regional not to mention a state title in region 19.

I get it Jackson is bigger but Burg always has more players and more depth than Jackson.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Welcome to region 19. Burg ain’t sniffing a regional not to mention a state title in region 19.

I get it Jackson is bigger but Burg always has more players and more depth than Jackson.
Definitely not.

Plus, if you think the teams in region 19 are good, take a look at what Perry, Coldwater, Liberty Center, and Valley View are doing. Don’t expect anyone from 19 to win state this year.

Return to “Football”