September 8, 2023 Waverly 48 - 8 Valley

Izladoom
All State

Re: Week 4: Valley (0-3) at Waverly (2-1)

Post by Izladoom »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:18 am
ValleyStrong wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:24 pm
coop wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:19 pm

I thought he got in on 3rd down but its so hard to see on video.
Was down there he was in on 3rd attempt 100% 2nd attempt was close but knee looked down.
I thought he might've been in on the 3rd down play but he ended up turned sideways and knee went down then he fell forward on the pile looking like he was in. 4th down he was never close, he actually lost a yard.
That was the 3rd time I think this year valley has been stopped on 4th because they called the exact same play as they ran on 3rd but we continue to call the same play back to back it’s like they think they are playing madden or something

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Was down there he was in on 3rd attempt 100% 2nd attempt was close but knee looked down.
I thought he might've been in on the 3rd down play but he ended up turned sideways and knee went down then he fell forward on the pile looking like he was in. 4th down he was never close, he actually lost a yard.
That was the 3rd time I think this year valley has been stopped on 4th because they called the exact same play as they ran on 3rd but we continue to call the same play back to back it’s like they think they are playing madden or something
I'll be honest with you man it was a pretty easy trend to see, Valley has success with 1 play they turn right around and call the same play again. I get the old adage of run till they stop but they take it to the extreme. Coach has got some young talent but he's got to grow with them as well that's just not something you can do every single game after every successful play. That 4th down call at the GL was like the Waverly defense ran to exactly where the play was going. At some point they need to add in some PA to go with that sweep they like or a backside screen just something to mix it up just enough to keep guys honest.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

You always seem to have answers after the fact. I heard people in the stands griping in previous weeks about them not running the ball and last night they found success. Any idiot with a brain could see why they were running plays a certain direction. I saw the attempt to run other plays from different formations, sometimes your horses aren’t the same as the others. I still stand by the fact that you should go apply instead of being a keyboard warrior.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:30 pm

You always seem to have answers after the fact. I heard people in the stands griping in previous weeks about them not running the ball and last night they found success. Any idiot with a brain could see why they were running plays a certain direction. I saw the attempt to run other plays from different formations, sometimes your horses aren’t the same as the others. I still stand by the fact that you should go apply instead of being a keyboard warrior.
I had no problem with them running the ball but you don’t call the exact same play look at the post above they even recognized we do it to much waverly knew exactly where we was going on that play it’s hard to move the ball if the opponent knows what you are doing

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:50 pm
Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:30 pm

I had no problem with them running the ball but you don’t call the exact same play look at the post above they even recognized we do it to much waverly knew exactly where we was going on that play it’s hard to move the ball if the opponent knows what you are doing
The McNeil kid had 150 yards rushing. And, if they were running the same play over and over again, it sounds like it worked even when Waverly knew what was happening. Valley was overmatched but they ran the ball pretty well last night. Maybe there’s some things they can block and some they can’t at this point with a young group.

Return to “Football”