September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton v/s cabell midland

Post by Mr Shifty »

ALL ASHLAND needs to do is man up and sign the contract! Midland is a monster of a school! Who else has them on their schedule? Those Tomcats don’t want anything to do with the Tigers! any school around here who wants a piece of Ironton shoul go beg their AD to join them up. i’m sure Ironton would love to take you all on!
mustard wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:06 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:53 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:00 pm

Absolutely, they won’t face to many RB’s and QB’s like they seen tonight. That was a Senior heavy team too, won’t hurt the Tigers a bit playing this type of competition. I can’t wait to see next year’s schedule.
Spring Valley ended up playing Midland tougher than Ironton could
😂 Ashland would beat the tigers this year… they beat George Washington as bad a cabell

.Imagine if they still had Pittman and Thacker

If Ironton doesn’t get the fumble at the end and the punt return.
….35-7 Blow out city. They lucky the score looked better than what if was

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Ironton v/s cabell midland

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Mr Shifty wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:49 pm ALL ASHLAND needs to do is man up and sign the contract! Midland is a monster of a school! Who else has them on their schedule? Those Tomcats don’t want anything to do with the Tigers! any school around here who wants a piece of Ironton shoul go beg their AD to join them up. i’m sure Ironton would love to take you all on!
mustard wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:06 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:53 am

Spring Valley ended up playing Midland tougher than Ironton could
😂 Ashland would beat the tigers this year… they beat George Washington as bad a cabell

.Imagine if they still had Pittman and Thacker

If Ironton doesn’t get the fumble at the end and the punt return.
….35-7 Blow out city. They lucky the score looked better than what if was
Not for nothing and I am an Ironton fan, but the idea that Ashland is afraid of Ironton isnt reality. Ashland played GW - another MSAC school ( Midlands conference) & GW is a large school also - one of the big 3 Charleston schools and are always very talented and well coached. They'd give Ironton all they wanted. GW beats Midland also. Neither school dominates the other. Ashand isnt afraid of Ironton. Ironton beats up on inferior seo teams then FOLDS vs equal or better talent. Especially on big stages.

And Pendleton as Ironton HC is 0 - 2 vs Ashland.

Cant keep hypin these big marquee games that get broadcasted everywhere only to watch Ironton lay another egg against the big boys in big games because you eventually arrive to a point where THAT is the teams identity. Right now, that is who Ironton is.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

It’s almost as if Cabell-Midland have nearly 5x the kids of Ironton played an impact.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Awesome high school football game! Could have went either way.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

I’m tired of hearing all people downing the tigers. Do you realize that Cabell Midland would be a division 1 school in Ohio? Let’s see your school play games like this. I give much credit to Ironton scheduling teams such as Midland. Just like they say “they will play anybody anywhere”. They don’t run from competition! This game will only make the tigers better and get them ready for the playoffs!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigSpoon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:26 pm Awesome high school football game! Could have went either way.
I thought Ironton would win but in reality, after watching the game, there was no way the score would have gone in the tiger's favor. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, if there's a QB change.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Surprisingly Woby,I agree. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

REDMEN95 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:05 am I’m tired of hearing all people downing the tigers. Do you realize that Cabell Midland would be a division 1 school in Ohio? Let’s see your school play games like this. I give much credit to Ironton scheduling teams such as Midland. Just like they say “they will play anybody anywhere”. They don’t run from competition! This game will only make the tigers better and get them ready for the playoffs!
It is good to see Ironton go out of the area to play teams plus good teams. SEO should do this more often. No need to wait until the play offs. Let's see more during the regular season.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:11 pm It’s almost as if Cabell-Midland have nearly 5x the kids of Ironton played an impact.
Before the game pov as an Ironton fan: Ohio football is superior. Midland cant hang with us.

After the game: but their enrollment!!

Which is it?

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:11 pm It’s almost as if Cabell-Midland have nearly 5x the kids of Ironton played an impact.
Before the game pov as an Ironton fan: Ohio football is superior. Midland cant hang with us.

Which is it?
Start a little east of Cincinnati, draw a semi circle to the south side of Columbus then to the PA border just south of Youngstown. Everything West and north of the line is historically “Ohio” football. I’m sure 90+% of state titles come from there. East and south of the line was very competitive with themselves
and generally got the best of WVA and Kentucky schools pre-consolidation. I remember schools such as Wayne and Ceredo Kenova winning state championships in years where they lost to merely decent SEO teams. Smallish schools such as Ironton, Wheelersburg or FF even with numerous transfers are going to struggle against large consolidated schools regardless of where they’re located

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Which is it?
How about if we took the best “A” team in WV and put them against a respectable D I here from Ohio. I’d be willing to wager same results. Never claimed that Ironton was better then Cabell-Midland, just knew it would be a tough row to hoe if they wanted to win

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Which is it?
How about if we took the best “A” team in WV and put them against a respectable D I here from Ohio. I’d be willing to wager same results. Never claimed that Ironton was better then Cabell-Midland, just knew it would be a tough row to hoe if they wanted to win
My issue is Ironton looked like Ironton...in canton. Same issues against equal or greater talent. Lifetime Tiger fan here. So no hate. But if ya gonna be on big stages, eventually you gotta win or the story becomes about the team that folds under the bright lights. There's no excuses.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Everyone gets excited when a team plays a “d1” team around here. It’s not that uncommon up north, in fact, D5 Garfield beat a d1 team already and Roger bacon d4 this year whipped a d1 team too.

Cabell was the better team of the two on this game. Turn over or not. Cabell was great competition to get better.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:00 pm Everyone gets excited when a team plays a “d1” team around here. It’s not that uncommon up north, in fact, D5 Garfield beat a d1 team already and Roger bacon d4 this year whipped a d1 team too.

Cabell was the better team of the two on this game. Turn over or not. Cabell was great competition to get better.
Yup. Midland dominated all the factors that are necessary to win. It wasnt a fluke.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:00 pm Everyone gets excited when a team plays a “d1” team around here. It’s not that uncommon up north, in fact, D5 Garfield beat a d1 team already and Roger bacon d4 this year whipped a d1 team too.

Big differences in D1 football programs. The D1 schools you mentioned above, Ironton would definitely win against them. And Ironton has soundly beaten D1 schools before; ie Sycamore.

Even Burg has beaten D1 schools (Cabell Midland) and Loraine Southview (they were either D1 or D2).

Kirtland beats an occasional D1 school although usually average or below D1 schools. ML and Coldwater rarely to never play schools that big.

HP plays a big school from Indiana this weekend, and also plays SVSM later in the year. We’ll see how they do.

But no D5 school is rolling into Cincinnati and beating Elder, Moeller, etc.

This CM team is an above average D1 school, even by Ohio standards, which is simply a tough matchup for even the best D5 schools. If Ironton played a clean game, that would still have been a tough team to beat.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:00 pm

Which is it?
My issue is Ironton looked like Ironton...in canton. Same issues against equal or greater talent. Lifetime Tiger fan here. So no hate. But if ya gonna be on big stages, eventually you gotta win or the story becomes about the team that folds under the bright lights. There's no excuses.
Hopefully this was their way of exercising those canton demons just in Huntington

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Which is it?
Wonder how many schools in the state would like to have the Tigers record?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

99% of em

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 pm

Wonder how many schools in the state would like to have the Tigers record?
Not their W/L record in big marquee games against equal or better. Maybe the local seo record.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Hopefully this was their way of exercising those canton demons just in Huntington
Well, those demons are real unfortunately and they are preexisting. Vs equal or greater they break down at the line of scrimmage. Been an ongoing issue in big games vs teams who are well coached and comparable talent.

Stating the obvious & being honest about things you support doesn't make you less of a fan of it. Makes ya more of one for being able to be honest about what is being presented. Fans can ignore it and write hallmark cards all day. They have that luxury. Staff and players cannot if they want to get better. That is an assumed burden and their burden. Just the cost to be the boss.

Only way to exorcize that demon is to change whatever is being done that has made this a trending issue. - because THAT demon is the source of the turnovers and lack of run game.

After that, then they gotta clean up the new ( this year) bugaboos.

Can beat every ovc team by 50 rest of the way & it won't matter. The end will be the same.

Now the question for this season is: How do you correct those things and develop the ability to sustain offensive drives instead of relying on big plays the rest of the way vs inferior competition where big play success will be easy to come by?

Then its post season.

So where on the schedule rest of the way will they be able to test and analyze how they are progressing?

Return to “Football”