September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:00 pm Everyone gets excited when a team plays a “d1” team around here. It’s not that uncommon up north, in fact, D5 Garfield beat a d1 team already and Roger bacon d4 this year whipped a d1 team too.

Cabell was the better team of the two on this game. Turn over or not. Cabell was great competition to get better.
My issue is. The reason Ironton lost to "D1" Midland is the same reasons Ironton lost to D5 Kirtland or D5 South Range. Midland didnt have a massive talent advantage. Midland outplayed Ironton. So did Kirtland twice. So.did South Range. Enrollment played very little role. Ironton lost em all for the same reasons..

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:18 am
BigSpoon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:26 pm Awesome high school football game! Could have went either way.
I thought Ironton would win but in reality, after watching the game, there was no way the score would have gone in the tiger's favor. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, if there's a QB change.
Ironton linebackers are undersized and it showed playing a bigger, stronger team. Irontons defense did better in the four man front than the three man. Ironton could play a clean game and still maybe only beat midland 1or 2 times out of 10. Way too many mistakes and turnovers. They are lucky they only lost by 13. Defense was on the field way too long. Especially trying to stop a back like #2 with the line he has. It was still a great game

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:20 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:18 am
BigSpoon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:26 pm Awesome high school football game! Could have went either way.
I thought Ironton would win but in reality, after watching the game, there was no way the score would have gone in the tiger's favor. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, if there's a QB change.
Ironton linebackers are undersized and it showed playing a bigger, stronger team. Irontons defense did better in the four man front than the three man. Ironton could play a clean game and still maybe only beat midland 1or 2 times out of 10. Way too many mistakes and turnovers. They are lucky they only lost by 13. Defense was on the field way too long. Especially trying to stop a back like #2 with the line he has. It was still a great game
Ironton is weak up front at the line of scrimmage. Both sides. No push & SLOW.

Return to “Football”