S

Re: Week 5: West (3-1) at Waverly (3-1) Saturday

Post by FIDO »

Huge penalty by West punt team.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Just plain stupid. I don't know how else to describe what just happened. Insanity.......

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jeffrey Bishop is a STUD.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Wow 84 is good I get going to him but maybe move him somewhere else and try and get him away from 18

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

😂 keep throwing in the direction of 18!! Wow, is all I’m going say!!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Final??

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Final 24-21 Portsmouth West

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

Wow…. Waverly’s defense was great tonight. Waverly had 5 turnovers (I think) and many many opportunities in the red zone to put points on the board and came up empty. Other than a handful of plays, Waverly offense was horrendous, their line play was inconsistent and QB play was pretty rough with the exception of a few plays. West played hard and took care of business, they have great momentum going into the second half of the season and are setting themselves up to a defend their SOC 2 title.

Waverly has to find a way to move on mentally. This coming week would be a great game to get them back on track with Oak Hill but I have little to no confidence that game will be played. There is still a chance for them to share a part of the SOC title, hopefully the coaches can get them refocused in the coming days.

Will be curious to see how the rest of the season plays out for both of these teams. For Waverly, you have to stick with your same personnel that you have been going with offensively all year, but if things don’t improve by years end, do you start to reevaluate some positions? I don’t think it would happen… but if the trend continues I believe the coaches need to have those hard conversations. Maybe that’s just aggravation from the way the game was played tonight, but then again I’m not so sure.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:06 pm Wow…. Waverly’s defense was great tonight. Waverly had 5 turnovers (I think) and many many opportunities in the red zone to put points on the board and came up empty. Other than a handful of plays, Waverly offense was horrendous, their line play was inconsistent and QB play was pretty rough with the exception of a few plays. West played hard and took care of business, they have great momentum going into the second half of the season and are setting themselves up to a defend their SOC 2 title.

Waverly has to find a way to move on mentally. This coming week would be a great game to get them back on track with Oak Hill but I have little to no confidence that game will be played. There is still a chance for them to share a part of the SOC title, hopefully the coaches can get them refocused in the coming days.

Will be curious to see how the rest of the season plays out for both of these teams. For Waverly, you have to stick with your same personnel that you have been going with offensively all year, but if things don’t improve by years end, do you start to reevaluate some positions? I don’t think it would happen… but if the trend continues I believe the coaches need to have those hard conversations. Maybe that’s just aggravation from the way the game was played tonight, but then again I’m not so sure.
6 Turnovers: 2 Fumbles and the 4 INT's.

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:45 pm [quote=YouCantBeSerious post_id=2078425 time=<a href="tel:1694916416">1694916416</a> user_id=20404]
Wow…. Waverly’s defense was great tonight. Waverly had 5 turnovers (I think) and many many opportunities in the red zone to put points on the board and came up empty. Other than a handful of plays, Waverly offense was horrendous, their line play was inconsistent and QB play was pretty rough with the exception of a few plays. West played hard and took care of business, they have great momentum going into the second half of the season and are setting themselves up to a defend their SOC 2 title.

[/quote]

Ridiculous… and still had SO many opportunities to win the game. Honestly impressive…

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Not sure why we kept throwing At Bishop. Bishop who by the way was always in great position and made great catches. Bad play calling but that coach is getting better and better as I’m sure he is learning as he goes as he is good guy who treats the kids right so he will always have my support.
I don’t think Hurd’s fumble was as bad as I could hear our coaching staff and things they had said not to mention the things said to No 6 when west scored. We watched a Waverly coach stand and yell at the poor kid and it is uncalled for. It is ok to rip a kid and let him know about his mistake but To sit there and say the things he said to the poor kid is a shame. It’s a game and to continue to treat kids that way is a shame. Same coach that grabbed 34 face mask and yanked him on sideline while yelling at him for 15 minutes at Unioto.
Anyways I thought waverly showed a lot of toughness and played hard, every player on the team, take away few big plays and we win that game. Try to support your players and not tear them down all the time and may be amazed by result. No 6 keep your head up. I’m sure you know what you did wrong on that play and you know what it happens to the best of us. You are a great young man and great ball player keep playing hard. Don’t pay attention to the people as the ones who want to talk about kids prob never played or trying to live through there kids.
Tough loss but I admire the never giving up by the tigers.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:06 pm Wow…. Waverly’s defense was great tonight. Waverly had 5 turnovers (I think) and many many opportunities in the red zone to put points on the board and came up empty. Other than a handful of plays, Waverly offense was horrendous, their line play was inconsistent and QB play was pretty rough with the exception of a few plays. West played hard and took care of business, they have great momentum going into the second half of the season and are setting themselves up to a defend their SOC 2 title.

Why would you change anyone who is a starter dumbest thing I’ve ever herd.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:19 pm Not sure why we kept throwing At Bishop. Bishop who by the way was always in great position and made great catches. Bad play calling but that coach is getting better and better as I’m sure he is learning as he goes as he is good guy who treats the kids right so he will always have my support.
I don’t think Hurd’s fumble was as bad as I could hear our coaching staff and things they had said not to mention the things said to No 6 when west scored. We watched a Waverly coach stand and yell at the poor kid and it is uncalled for. It is ok to rip a kid and let him know about his mistake but To sit there and say the things he said to the poor kid is a shame. It’s a game and to continue to treat kids that way is a shame. Same coach that grabbed 34 face mask and yanked him on sideline while yelling at him for 15 minutes at Unioto.
Anyways I thought waverly showed a lot of toughness and played hard, every player on the team, take away few big plays and we win that game. Try to support your players and not tear them down all the time and may be amazed by result. No 6 keep your head up. I’m sure you know what you did wrong on that play and you know what it happens to the best of us. You are a great young man and great ball player keep playing hard. Don’t pay attention to the people as the ones who want to talk about kids prob never played or trying to live through there kids.
Don’t be soft. It’s football. It’s called constructive criticism. They are coaches and it is their job.

Waverly had plenty of chances tonight to capitalize and unfortunately it didn’t work our way, why you play the game. There is plenty of season left fellas, don’t keep your heads down! Go Tigers

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:45 pm

Funny you fail to mention all the flags when we are in red zone. And how our defense gave up big plays and special teams.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Lucky to make it out of that one. Always happy with a win but I have seen better. Honestly I think both coaching staffs had some head scratchers tonight. This is the first time I will really question the coaching staff in a long time. I just don’t feel the play calling was up to par with what it has been. Stayed away from what was working, and kept forcing what wasn’t. I thought the possession before half was poorly managed. The penalties were ridiculous. And I really do hate critiquing especially since we are playing tonight because of a lack of officials. I am by no means suggesting that we did not commit penalties but no one will convince me that it was not blatantly lop sided. This is a very under penalizes team, but somehow every year we get hosed on this field.

Why in the world would you throw anywhere near Bishop? 4 interceptions, fumble recovery, recieving touchdown, and a kickoff return for TD. Just crazy stats all the way.

A lot of critiques for both sides. But that is two good teams that collided, someone has to win and lose. 90 percent of the time the SOC is going to run through the three Ws. Someone had to lose tonight. As far as being ready to face Burg, with tonight’s showing neither one is ready. But we aren’t concerned with that the moment. Same was said last year in a close one with waverly and we got it right by week 10. Have to worry about Minford first. Good win Siders

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:22 pm

Huh? So once you are a starter you should always keep your job no matter how you perform? I don’t expect drastic changes during the middle of the season, but reevaluating your personnel in the off-season sounds like a smart thing to do regardless of who started in the previous year. Obviously your solid pieces will stay in place but if a coach has a concern at some positions I do believe conversations can be hand in regards to all options available. That goes for any team.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

BigGuy10 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:24 pm
allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:19 pm Not sure why we kept throwing At Bishop. Bishop who by the way was always in great position and made great catches. Bad play calling but that coach is getting better and better as I’m sure he is learning as he goes as he is good guy who treats the kids right so he will always have my support.
Don’t be soft. It’s football. It’s called constructive criticism. They are coaches and it is their job.

Waverly had plenty of chances tonight to capitalize and unfortunately it didn’t work our way, why you play the game. There is plenty of season left fellas, don’t keep your heads down! Go Tigers
100% agree on ripping the kids. But not this way and it’s not being soft it’s wrong to treat kids that way. The things said you don’t say to anyone so instead of defending the coach when you obviously didn’t hear it because if you did you wouldn’t defend him. Not about being soft as no kid should be spoken to that way

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:34 pm Lucky to make it out of that one. Always happy with a win but I have seen better. Honestly I think both coaching staffs had some head scratchers tonight. This is the first time I will really question the coaching staff in a long time. I just don’t feel the play calling was up to par with what it has been. Stayed away from what was working, and kept forcing what wasn’t. I thought the possession before half was poorly managed. The penalties were ridiculous. And I really do hate critiquing especially since we are playing tonight because of a lack of officials. I am by no means suggesting that we did not commit penalties but no one will convince me that it was not blatantly lop sided. This is a very under penalizes team, but somehow every year we get hosed on this field.

Why in the world would you throw anywhere near Bishop? 4 interceptions, fumble recovery, recieving touchdown, and a kickoff return for TD. Just crazy stats all the way.

A lot of critiques for both sides. But that is two good teams that collided, someone has to win and lose. 90 percent of the time the SOC is going to run through the three Ws. Someone had to lose tonight. As far as being ready to face Burg, with tonight’s showing neither one is ready. But we aren’t concerned with that the moment. Same was said last year in a close one with waverly and we got it right by week 10. Have to worry about Minford first. Good win Siders
Would like to see the penalty numbers, I honestly thought they threw them both ways. Maybe stats will be shown sometime for us.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:35 pm
allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:22 pm

Huh? So once you are a starter you should always keep your job no matter how you perform? I don’t expect drastic changes during the middle of the season, but reevaluating your personnel in the off-season sounds like a smart thing to do regardless of who started in the previous year. Obviously your solid pieces will stay in place but if a coach has a concern at some positions I do believe conversations can be hand in regards to all options available. That goes for any team.
Not saying that but I didn’t see one kid who should of been replaced on the team tonight. They all played hard and good games take away few plays on both sides of the ball and special teams and we win.

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:36 pm
BigGuy10 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:24 pm

100% agree on ripping the kids. But not this way and it’s not being soft it’s wrong to treat kids that way. The things said you don’t say to anyone so instead of defending the coach when you obviously didn’t hear it because if you did you wouldn’t defend him. Not about being soft as no kid should be spoken to that way
Were you on the sideline?

Return to “Football”