Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: September 29, 2023 Waverly - Minford

Post by smurray »

Waverly (4-2) Homecoming game coming off a drubbing of Oak Hill 56-7 while the Falcons (3-2) took one on the chin at West 34-7.
From reading the comments on the West/Minford thread it sounds like West controlled that entire game from the start.

This is a must win game for the Tigers for any chance of the league and decent playoffs spot (or maybe even making the playoffs). That will also depend on 2 very important games down the road. TIGERS MUST FOCUS ON THE FALCONS AND BE READY TO PLAY AT THE OPENING KICK!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Waverly big.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly's run defense best step up big in this one or it's going to turn into a shootout.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Waverly should win this but there d gave up a td to Oak hill and need to step it up. I have to say I am little embarrassed by waverly in the second half tonight. When you are up 50-7 and throw the ball you should be ashamed. I thought we had more class than that.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:58 pm Waverly's run defense best step up big in this one or it's going to turn into a shootout.
We held Pica to under 40 I believe. The QB has some wheels. he broke off a few big ones last night, but overall they was pretty well neutralized the whole game. We didn’t really have to honor the pass any and was able to stack the box and get great penetration at the line of scrimmage. I think Waverly wins this by 3 scores.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 44
Minford 21

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:14 am Waverly should win this but there d gave up a td to Oak hill and need to step it up. I have to say I am little embarrassed by waverly in the second half tonight. When you are up 50-7 and throw the ball you should be ashamed. I thought we had more class than that.
If it was the second team with the freshman back up QB throwing the ball I see no issue with that.
If Kelly goes down or is sick, Gunnar has to be ready to step in.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:12 am
allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:14 am Waverly should win this but there d gave up a td to Oak hill and need to step it up. I have to say I am little embarrassed by waverly in the second half tonight. When you are up 50-7 and throw the ball you should be ashamed. I thought we had more class than that.
If it was the second team with the freshman back up QB throwing the ball I see no issue with that.
If Kelly goes down or is sick, Gunnar has to be ready to step in.
I agree with ya. They still have to play defense and the 2’s need reps also. Not mad at this at all.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

It was a running clock so incompletion doesn’t stop the clock. Those players were all freshman and haven’t really seen varsity time I don’t see a problem. Waverlys starting offense seen less than 12 plays? That was a very nice drive by oak hill for the TD I was happy for them.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Waverly. It's that time of year for muletown.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:37 pm
It was a running clock so incompletion doesn’t stop the clock. Those players were all freshman and haven’t really seen varsity time I don’t see a problem. Waverlys starting offense seen less than 12 plays? That was a very nice drive by oak hill for the TD I was happy for them.
Ya, the stats were unreal as far as number of plays and time of possession for 50-7 score.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Running clock

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If I had to guess I would say 6-4 finish this year for the tigers

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:03 pm If I had to guess I would say 6-4 finish this year for the tigers
Maybe a rematch of week 3 in round 1 of the playoffs at Unioto :ugeek: :shock:

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:15 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:03 pm If I had to guess I would say 6-4 finish this year for the tigers
Maybe a rematch of week 3 in round 1 of the playoffs at Unioto :ugeek: :shock:
Idk we could still lose three games if it does happen it would be our best chance to win a playoff game in the region

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:34 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:37 pm
Ya, the stats were unreal as far as number of plays and time of possession for 50-7 score.
Can you post the stats and scoring for the game please. I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Big game coming up for both teams in order to keep their SOC hopes alive and to gain some much needed points for the playoffs moving forward. This game last year was close for a bit and Waverly was able to pull away in the 2nd half. Pica made a couple big runs in that game, looks like Minford's offense is a bit different this year though as they're doing much more read options and utilizing the legs of Caudill. Offensively we've got to just continue to improve along the line and get more and more of our playmakers involved. Defensively we've got to keep improving but there's still some guys finding holes in the secondary against us. Our defensive scheme is also exposing 1 side of the defensive line as it's happened all year but West capitalized with a big play and even OH was able to get some runs with it. As they're overloading the formation to one side and as we shift it's leaving the backside with even numbers or a man down as teams run at that side of our DL. This is a scheme issue and needs to be addressed immediately as it's pretty obvious teams have discovered how to out number us with just a formation setup.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:05 pm Big game coming up for both teams in order to keep their SOC hopes alive and to gain some much needed points for the playoffs moving forward. This game last year was close for a bit and Waverly was able to pull away in the 2nd half. Pica made a couple big runs in that game, looks like Minford's offense is a bit different this year though as they're doing much more read options and utilizing the legs of Caudill. Offensively we've got to just continue to improve along the line and get more and more of our playmakers involved. Defensively we've got to keep improving but there's still some guys finding holes in the secondary against us. Our defensive scheme is also exposing 1 side of the defensive line as it's happened all year but West capitalized with a big play and even OH was able to get some runs with it. As they're overloading the formation to one side and as we shift it's leaving the backside with even numbers or a man down as teams run at that side of our DL. This is a scheme issue and needs to be addressed immediately as it's pretty obvious teams have discovered how to out number us with just a formation setup.
Film alone should reveal that formation/scheme issue. Minford will exploit this if not corrected.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

This will be an easy win tigers by 3 scores

Return to “Football”