Post by mattash »

Hope green can play. They have like 13 players

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Re: September 29, 2023 Green - Notre Dame

Post by BillyBob21 »

Green has already asked OHSAA to allow them to only play two quarters. I hear that OHSAA has granted it!!! How does that work? Did Green play a full game against SV Friday night with 14 players???
Two years ago they wasnt that good and they cancelled because of Covid! Last year they were pretty good so they played. This year not so good again and injuries. Could a cancellation be coming this week??

mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 29, 2023 Green 0 - 72 Notre Dame

Post by mattash »

September 29, 2023 Green 0 - 72 Notre Dame

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Didn't call off the dogs i see

Michael Scott
Ohiofootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Ohiofootballfan »

Heard they ran off Metzler kid off outof spite since he was related to the old head coach too . Along with running scores up, this guy seems to be pretty low class.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

mattash wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:51 pm Didn't call off the dogs i see
I don’t know what they are suppose do. Several tds were over 60 yards. Davis and a couple others sat the second half.. it was a running clock after halftime. ND had two total possessions in the second half one went 1 play for 70 yard td and the other went for 2 plays with a 65 yard td..

First half was about the same but without the running clock. Green had 16 dressed and ND had 17 dressed… MD down two starters this week. Guess they should have kneeled after the first quarter I guess.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:47 pm
I don’t know what they are suppose do. Several tds were over 60 yards. Davis and a couple others sat the second half.. it was a running clock after halftime. ND had two total possessions in the second half one went 1 play for 70 yard td and the other went for 2 plays with a 65 yard td..

First half was about the same but without the running clock. Green had 16 dressed and ND had 17 dressed… MD down two starters this week. Guess they should have kneeled after the first quarter I guess.
Wait, Green and ND are dressing that many and they still played?? Bravo to them but that's how the SOC1 schools do, Oak Hill has more players than that and they're busy canceling games.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

Really? That was your take away? " I don't know what they are suppose to do." How do you justify several onside kicks in that kind of game? The last of which was 1 minute before halftime with a 56-0 lead. Who continues to throw the ball and blitz in that kind of game? You have a good kicker, why not try some PATs? Not a single one in this game. Those are just a few things that I could think of... Classless.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:52 pm

Really? That was your take away? " I don't know what they are suppose to do." How do you justify several onside kicks in that kind of game? The last of which was 1 minute before halftime with a 56-0 lead. Who continues to throw the ball and blitz in that kind of game? You have a good kicker, why not try some PATs? Not a single one in this game. Those are just a few things that I could think of... Classless.
Well if anybody knows anything about this team they would know that they onside kick all the time!! They never ever kick PATs… But Green opens up the game with an on-side kick and a recovery. But since we are that much better and we have done it all year it’s frowned on… classless??? Come on this his high school not pee wee.. Games matters and points matter for playoffs and everybody knows it… Yes Green has had some injuries but maybe they take a deeper look at their program… Getting old listening to people complain because good teams don’t let up on teams that can’t even play fundamental football. Cry me a river!!!! I would rather have a team that gets beat 70-0 than a team that wants to cancel or only play two quarters like Green did!

Insomniac
Waterboy

Post by Insomniac »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:52 pm

Good kicker? You must not have seen any of ND’s previous games. I genuinely don’t think they’ve attempted one single PAT all season long. I don’t think they’re trying to be classless or run up the score, they just genuinely don’t have a kick game lol

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

You guys are just providing evidence for why this ND team won't reach its potential. You can make all the excuses you want. That kicker is more than capable. Why not practice in games like that. What will the excuses be when they lose by a FG or PAT?

Are you genuinely trying to defend an onside kick when up 56 right before half? Why didn't they onside it in the 2nd half if that is what they do? I haven't seen Wheelersburg or Ironton beat their opponents by 70 plus when they could. Perhaps that coach could learn something from them. Then again, he's likely not planning on being around in the following years when teams may be capable of returning the favor. I'll say it again.... classless. And you two are clueless.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Ohiofootballfan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:15 pm Heard they ran off Metzler kid off outof spite since he was related to the old head coach too . Along with running scores up, this guy seems to be pretty low class.
Love that kid. He is great but quit the crap! No other kids quit. Still digging it out with low numbers and young kids playing g both ways

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Ohiofootballfan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:15 pm Heard they ran off Metzler kid off outof spite since he was related to the old head coach too . Along with running scores up, this guy seems to be pretty low class.
Love that kid. He is great but quit the crap! No other kids quit. Still digging it out with low numbers and young kids playing g both ways

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Word hearing one and done?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't think anyone can defend a onside kick up 56-0, there isn't any defending that so please let's not even try that approach. Heck it sounds like if you're kicking onside every time then I'm sorry but after 40 and 48 points there's zero reason to be kicking onside kicks. If you're having problems kicking it sounds like the perfect time to try it. At the same time if ND is running the ball and their players are simply breaking big runs for touchdowns then you can't get mad at them over that, make a tackle. Not sure if the officials gave them the option or not being up that much but typically they'll ask if you want to attempt the extra point or 2-point conversion most coaches in this instance say no we're good this is only in reference to the 2 tds in the 2nd half by ND. I know nothing about this coach couple of the games they have had have really gotten out of hand but I've also seen games back in the day when Ashley had good teams he wasn't exactly a model citizen on the sideline either.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:30 am I don't think anyone can defend a onside kick up 56-0, there isn't any defending that so please let's not even try that approach. Heck it sounds like if you're kicking onside every time then I'm sorry but after 40 and 48 points there's zero reason to be kicking onside kicks. If you're having problems kicking it sounds like the perfect time to try it. At the same time if ND is running the ball and their players are simply breaking big runs for touchdowns then you can't get mad at them over that, make a tackle. Not sure if the officials gave them the option or not being up that much but typically they'll ask if you want to attempt the extra point or 2-point conversion most coaches in this instance say no we're good this is only in reference to the 2 tds in the 2nd half by ND. I know nothing about this coach couple of the games they have had have really gotten out of hand but I've also seen games back in the day when Ashley had good teams he wasn't exactly a model citizen on the sideline either.
I have to agree. Onside kick up that much is just BAD. You can't justify that, regardless if you "always" kick an onside kick. You kick it deep even if it goes out of bounds. For all the ND people defending this, if the tables were turned you would be ticked off also. ND has only beat 1 team with a winning record BTW.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

There is NO REASON to run a score up like this. Onside kicks and continuing to score after being up 56-0 at the half.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Onside kicking in that situation carries consequences down the line. I get that ND doesn’t have enough bodies to do 11 on 11 KO/KOR simulations, but if you actually kick it deep in situations like this you get the reps and tape to have an idea of what your kids are doing right & can coach from it.

At some point ND has to adapt and get a clue how to do kickoff team, because it will rear its ugly head in the playoffs getting upside down on field position and possessions.

Return to “Football”