Re: Fairland v/s Portsmouth

Post by PTrojan59 »

Game Day! Go Trojans

Who Dey!
quizcap11
Waterboy

Post by quizcap11 »

The real question us Fairland fans are asking: Will the mother of a certain ex quarterback, who may or may not vape, be chasing our athletic director around the track again?

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

The game has had some crazy recent moments. Can Portsmouth find any kind of passing game tonight will be something worth watching.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

19/14 Portsmouth

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Still another half of football to go, but the Trojans looked like the better team in that first half. Need to tighten up that secondary, Fairland hasn’t been able to really stop Heiland so far, they look gassed.

Who Dey!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

22/19 Fairland

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:12 pm Still another half of football to go, but the Trojans looked like the better team in that first half. Need to tighten up that secondary, Fairland hasn’t been able to really stop Heiland so far, they look gassed.
Anything else you wanna say now???

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Fairland came out and won the 2nd half pretty convincingly. I hate to question the coaches, I’m not that type of fan typically. However the play calling for Portsmouth is and has been abysmal all season. You can’t have a 7 play playbook. Can’t beat good teams like Fairland running plays they’ve seen and made adjustments to over and over. Score looked worse than I feel the game actually was. Congrats to Fairland, Trojans need to regroup and beat a good South Point team next week to even sniff the playoffs.

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:07 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:12 pm Still another half of football to go, but the Trojans looked like the better team in that first half. Need to tighten up that secondary, Fairland hasn’t been able to really stop Heiland so far, they look gassed.
Anything else you wanna say now???
As matter of a fact I did tough guy

Who Dey!
Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

What he didn’t add is it’s now 43-19 with 7 min left

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:14 pm What he didn’t add is it’s now 43-19 with 7 min left
Someone’s feelings are hurt that someone said their school got outplayed in the first half. It’s true bud, no need to be sour online. Good coached team made the adjustments and came out and won the game. It was a nice 2nd half by the Dragons.

Who Dey!
baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

Post by baseballfanatic76 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:10 pm Fairland came out and won the 2nd half pretty convincingly. I hate to question the coaches, I’m not that type of fan typically. However the play calling for Portsmouth is and has been abysmal all season. You can’t have a 7 play playbook. Can’t beat good teams like Fairland running plays they’ve seen and made adjustments to over and over. Score looked worse than I feel the game actually was. Congrats to Fairland, Trojans need to regroup and beat a good South Point team next week to even sniff the playoffs.
If you have ever watched any football youd know how limited Portsmouth is. They can only do a certain amount of plays for a reason the pieces they have are so down to the previous years. So before getting your panties tied in a knot realize these kids exceeded expectations this year. Im ecstatic with 4 wins and a chance at 5 with the young group this year. Proud of the first half they just were the better team. Not a game portsmouth was expecting to beat

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

baseballfanatic76 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:29 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:10 pm Fairland came out and won the 2nd half pretty convincingly. I hate to question the coaches, I’m not that type of fan typically. However the play calling for Portsmouth is and has been abysmal all season. You can’t have a 7 play playbook. Can’t beat good teams like Fairland running plays they’ve seen and made adjustments to over and over. Score looked worse than I feel the game actually was. Congrats to Fairland, Trojans need to regroup and beat a good South Point team next week to even sniff the playoffs.
If you have ever watched any football youd know how limited Portsmouth is. They can only do a certain amount of plays for a reason the pieces they have are so down to the previous years. So before getting your panties tied in a knot realize these kids exceeded expectations this year. Im ecstatic with 4 wins and a chance at 5 with the young group this year. Proud of the first half they just were the better team. Not a game portsmouth was expecting to beat
Don’t give me that bullshit man. You don’t have close to 50 kids on a team and say the pieces are down. Did they lose a lot from last year, they absolutely did. That’s what coaching is for though, you coach the kids you have. Expand the darn playbook. You can make yourself feel better by saying that all you want. Facts are facts, you, Kalb, the moms, Duncan whoever the hell can say different. Heiland is ran to death every single week. It’s Heiland up the middle, Williams sneak, roll out left or right and that’s it. You may be happy with 4 wins and participation trophies, I am not. The mindset shouldn’t be well we won 4 games this year, that’s better than we thought, congrats boys there’s always next year.
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Dey!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Is this coach Bruce himself? 😂😂

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:41 pm
Don’t give me that bullshit man. You don’t have close to 50 kids on a team and say the pieces are down. That’s what coaching is for, you coach the kids you have. Expand the darn playbook. You can make yourself feel better by saying that all you want. Facts are facts, you, Kalb, the moms, Duncan whoever the hell can say different. Heiland is ran to death every single week. It’s Heiland up the middle, Williams sneak, roll out left or right and that’s it.
I personally want the ball in Heilands hands as much as possible…but 2 plays they did run that Fairland hadn’t seen were the sweep to JT & the deep shot that got a PI. Maybe mix more of that in with a heavy dose of Heiland, however you can’t expand the playbook too much cause the OL doesn’t sustain blocks very long.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 6, 2023 Fairland 43 - 27 Portsmouth

Post by mattash »

October 6, 2023 Fairland 43 - 27 Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

Don’t give me that bullshit man. You don’t have close to 50 kids on a team and say the pieces are down. Did they lose a lot from last year, they absolutely did. That’s what coaching is for though, you coach the kids you have. Expand the darn playbook. You can make yourself feel better by saying that all you want. Facts are facts, you, Kalb, the moms, Duncan whoever the hell can say different. Heiland is ran to death every single week. It’s Heiland up the middle, Williams sneak, roll out left or right and that’s it. You may be happy with 4 wins and participation trophies, I am not. The mindset shouldn’t be well we won 4 games this year, that’s better than we thought, congrats boys there’s always next year.
And let’s not forget our abysmal defensive coordinator. The secondary is atrocious. It’s timeout for the ass kissing and coddling. Running Heiland to death wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t expect him to come right back and play defense also. Why not utilize the younger Poxes more, #20 is not getting it done, lead blocking.
Dear Portsmouth, you have a HOF football alumni player, wait let me correct that an ALL- AMERICAN RB HALL OF FAME alumni, who just so happened to be an All- State LB/DB, AT YOUR DISPOSAL. It’s time to swallow your pride and get Michael Parker on board. These kids respect him, and they’ll buy in. I promise you if you try it, you won’t regret it. Hell give him the JV team, he’s at least going to work with them and actually develop them. Tsk Tsk Tsk!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

TrojanTru wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:37 am
And let’s not forget our abysmal defensive coordinator. The secondary is atrocious. It’s timeout for the ass kissing and coddling. Running Heiland to death wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t expect him to come right back and play defense also. Why not utilize the younger Poxes more, #20 is not getting it done, lead blocking.
Dear Portsmouth, you have a HOF football alumni player, wait let me correct that an ALL- AMERICAN RB HALL OF FAME alumni, who just so happened to be an All- State LB/DB, AT YOUR DISPOSAL. It’s time to swallow your pride and get Michael Parker on board. These kids respect him, and they’ll buy in. I promise you if you try it, you won’t regret it. Hell give him the JV team, he’s at least going to work with them and actually develop them. Tsk Tsk Tsk!
You’re 100% correct, the secondary has been toast all year. Giving 10-12 yards of cushion last night while Fairland have 3 guys bunched and throwing screens. Of course it’s going to work because they refused to make adjustments, your OLB isn’t getting out there fast enough, your corner is playing 12 yards off and your safety isn’t getting there. The opposite side DE (Mckenzie) had to make so many tackles last night because of this. Then when he came up to press him, he got burnt deep because there was no safety help over the top. DC or HC refused to make in game adjustments. It’s not illegal to play another defensive back, maybe they don’t have any other kids who know how? The corners have refused to turn their heads around all season and locate the ball, that’s on coaching. I like coach Kalb, I really do, but the staff is holding this team back imo. I’m not supposed to say that though, because the buddy system that’s implemented will get their feelings hurt.

Who Dey!
RealTrojan
Waterboy

Post by RealTrojan »

I've seen comments about being "ecstatic" about winning 4 or 5 games and wasn't expecting to win. This is the problem with our program at the moment. When has that ever been ok? You prepare every week and expect to win every game! Mediocre is not ok. Let's stop letting our kids think that also.
Pleaseeeeeee

But I'd like to ask, when are we going to make adjustments and get away from what has burnt us since week 2 and 3? Our secondary isn't very good but why not put them in a position to help them and the team as a whole? Get out of press man to man. That's hurt us all year. Add a little bit more of zone maybe. Stop asking linebackers to cover receivers in open field 1 on 1. Make it somewhat more simple for them.
Hats off to Chase Heiland. He runs hard, has speed, and gives it his all. But our offense is one dimensional. Find Chase and the ball is coming. Id like to see stats but correct me if I'm wrong but I think we had 4 kids touch the ball and one kid was only 1 time. Why not make it easier for the run game? Hit some quick easy reads for the QB, spread it out and that'll keep defenses honest and help get us more in rhythm. I believe we have other playmakers too. I know ppl like to use the excuse that our QB is a freshman but that was week 8 going into week 9, that freshman bull is out the window now. He's a SMART and he's a TOUGH kid. Hold him accountable. Lay into him a little bit and he'll rise to the occasion.

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

RealTrojan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:04 pm I've seen comments about being "ecstatic" about winning 4 or 5 games and wasn't expecting to win. This is the problem with our program at the moment. When has that ever been ok? You prepare every week and expect to win every game! Mediocre is not ok. Let's stop letting our kids think that also.
Pleaseeeeeee

But I'd like to ask, when are we going to make adjustments and get away from what has burnt us since week 2 and 3? Our secondary isn't very good but why not put them in a position to help them and the team as a whole? Get out of press man to man. That's hurt us all year. Add a little bit more of zone maybe. Stop asking linebackers to cover receivers in open field 1 on 1. Make it somewhat more simple for them.
Hats off to Chase Heiland. He runs hard, has speed, and gives it his all. But our offense is one dimensional. Find Chase and the ball is coming. Id like to see stats but correct me if I'm wrong but I think we had 4 kids touch the ball and one kid was only 1 time. Why not make it easier for the run game? Hit some quick easy reads for the QB, spread it out and that'll keep defenses honest and help get us more in rhythm. I believe we have other playmakers too. I know ppl like to use the excuse that our QB is a freshman but that was week 8 going into week 9, that freshman bull is out the window now. He's a SMART and he's a TOUGH kid. Hold him accountable. Lay into him a little bit and he'll rise to the occasion.
You and PTrojan59 are correct. 100%. That he’s a freshman bull only works as an excuse for the first couple of weeks.
Are we young, yes, across the board. I think we have about 6-7 sophomores starting on either side of the ball. I like the big package Bruce ran with Poxes moving to FB and the big #75 coming in to replace him. I’d like to see Bruce run some quick screens for Heiland out if that package with the receivers and the extra backs being the lead blockers.
Quit rolling your QB to the weak side, when your line itself is struggling to sustain their blocks. Another thing your QB has a run first mentality, it’s a lot of misreads, or maybe he just wants to keep the ball, so yes as you stated lay into him, hold him accountable. Spend time with the JV team, find them a coach that is capable of developing them and bringing out the best in them. They operate on talent alone. They’re a solid group but that coach is not a vibe at all. It’s not illegal to let him go. We don’t care about his booster money, if he wants to take his ball and go home. Let him.
Clean it up and do what’s best for these kids. I like Kalb, and the Duncan’s, I do, but you can’t convince me the likes of Alex Grashel, Michael Sturgill, the fresh out of high school Duncan kids and Drew Roe are more fit to coach than the Parker’s (pick one), Akia Brown or David Mallory?
Break up your little buddy system and let’s get some knowledgeable men who the kids with play for and respect in a position to make your job a little easier Kalb. We shouldn’t be heading into week 9 still trying to develop and teach varsity age kids football fundamentals.

Return to “Football”