Southeastern Ohio Football Stadiums that have Artificial-Turf.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: Southeastern Ohio Football Stadiums that have Artificial-Turf.

Post by Dandy Don »

Roadhog wrote:Yep 328,000$ in new turf coming in March it will have a real nice twist in both end zones and as far as seating capacity,Jackson's stadium is the biggest...
Has it ever been at capacity? What is the seating capacity?

I like the fact there is no track, gets you closer to the action.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Orange...cool it...Mud,bricks,glass,trash,carp....and other "stuff"...This is what I would call Artificial turf at Memorial Field. Thousands of dollars of equipment lost by the Booster Club. They have to get the local fire Dept in there with their high-pressure water hoses to clean it off. You could smell it 6 blocks away. Water over top both FB Crossbars numerous times. Football and other valuable items lost during floods. Not one flood. Numerous. Locker Room falling over the hill because of slippage and foundation issues. Stop by and see it . 4th Ave in Gallipolis.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Dandy I believe seating capacity is 8000 , the very first game played there was against Wellston,that night I heard estimates over 10,000 and I was there it was packed

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think if you factor in view, seating , parking, nostalgia, tiger alley, the atmosphere, the enourmous flag, the covered homeside, the banners, the scoreboard, the new turf, the old locker rooms, the fact it is an ole pro stadium, I don't think you can top the setting at tank's memorial stadium. but Jackson has awesome facilities as well. been along time since I been at Zanesville. and I can't stand lancasters. I also enjoy Portsmouth and the burg, but the visitor seating at both wasn't well thought out.

I know people may get tired of hearing about ironton through the years. but many here have never seen tanks memorial stadium. it's truly an oldie and a gem. and nobody in these parts has a covered roof, or plays in an old pro stadium. seriously if you've never been there, it's a bit of nostalgia you'll love. as you stroll down tiger alley you'll see all the huge pictures of the tanks and the fighting tiger teams. it just has a special old feel. then inside you see the new turf that's in it's second year of youth. and ironton fans fought getting turf like they were fighting a plague.and there is an ohio historical marker there. you get a massilon type feeling there. the seating is huge. ample everything. seriously if you have never been there. make the trip and take in a game there. no other stadium around gives you this atmosphere.and the million dollar marching band has it's own separate covered building. the huge orange victory bell, the teams come out from under the stadium. it's what high school football is all about. and the field features bob Lutz's name. who by the way is the winningest ohio high school football coach victory wise ever. it's truly a site to see.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Seating huge???? What about visitors side???

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

IMO Visitor Seats at Ironton are ok... but they need more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they do need to add some on the visitors side I think as well. but if that is seemingly the only complaint then they are doing some things right. there is always room for improvement in everything.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:they do need to add some on the visitors side I think as well. but if that is seemingly the only complaint then they are doing some things right. there is always room for improvement in everything.
Indeed

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Gallia does not have field turf and the grass turns to mud within a week or so due to letting everyone use the field including midget league. Gallia does have a nice track, softball field, baseball field, and tennis courts at the new school. There was a group trying to raise money for a new football facility but I am not sure where it stands as of today. I think they were going to try and raise 2-3 million dollars.

One of the nicest overall facilities is at Portsmouth High School.

My question is this... why does southern Ohio's nice facilities get looked over for tournament games, is it lack of support by the Athletic Directors trying to get games or is just a southern Ohio thing? Who makes the decisions on where tournaments are played and who has a say in their locations?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Roadhog wrote:Dandy I believe seating capacity is 8000 , the very first game played there was against Wellston,that night I heard estimates over 10,000 and I was there it was packed
Incorrect the first game played at Alumni Stadium was a 29-6 Ironmen victory over Vinton County on Sept. 11, 2004. And. yes I was there.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Better check again hsfbfan!!!

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

I wonder if they beat GAHS there the 1st year this palace opened?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The Inspector wrote:I wonder if they beat GAHS there the 1st year this palace opened?
I wonder if they've beaten them there every time since? Jackson is 5-1 against GAHS in Alumni Stadium. Unfortunately they won't get the chance to beat them there in the near future since GAHS decided to head to the OVC.

Also, hsfbfan is correct. The first game in Alumni Stadium was in Week 3 of the 2004 season when Jackson defeated Vinton County, 29-6. They played at Wellston and Waverly in Weeks 1 and 2.

I think the unofficial seating capacity of Alumni Stadium is 7,200, but not completely sure.

And finally, what is the interesting twist that will be in the end zones when the new turf is installed?

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

GAHS is down 2. Have been for awhile. Still beat this bunch in as early as 2012 and have won 11 out of the last 18 contests against this juggernaut. So dont throw your big-time out here.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The Inspector wrote:GAHS is down 2. Have been for awhile. Still beat this bunch in as early as 2012 and have won 11 out of the last 18 contests against this juggernaut. So dont throw your big-time out here.
Oh, GAHS is down? Pardon me for not feeling sorry for them. It has only been three seasons since they won the SEOAL.

I'm not "throwing my big-time" out there. I responded with a sarcastic post after your sarcastic post. If you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

And so should you. You,more than anyone else I remember,made more excuses on these boards when GAHS kicked your tails for 8-9 yrs straight. People in Gallipolis,including myself,were upset that they couldnt beat you worse. And there will come a time again where they will

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I recant hsfbfan you are right. The twist ,Ironmen in one end zone and Jackson in the other, JI in the middle and heard also the turf will be a much brighter green

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The Inspector wrote:And so should you. You,more than anyone else I remember,made more excuses on these boards when GAHS kicked your tails for 8-9 yrs straight. People in Gallipolis,including myself,were upset that they couldnt beat you worse. And there will come a time again where they will
GAHS made the plays to win those games and Jackson did not. Were there some crazy occurrences? Yep, there definitely were. But a win is a win.

If Jackson and GAHS do set up a series in the future, I'm sure each team will win their fair share. Until that day comes, I can enjoy the fact that Jackson just dropped 58 on them in one half of football.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Roadhog wrote:I recant hsfbfan you are right. The twist ,Ironmen in one end zone and Jackson in the other, JI in the middle and heard also the turf will be a much brighter green
Isn't that the same as it is now? I was hoping for red end zones with white lettering. You can still have soccer lines without a green background in the end zone, so I was hoping they'd switch it up.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Yea ironmen02 , sideliner told me a real nice twist in the end zones ,I think all red end zones would look good

Return to “Football”