beg003
All Conference

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:49 am
beg003 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:02 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:33 pm

0-4 Vs Fort Frye
Exactly. They would still be good if they played across the river regularly, but they just aren’t used to having play decent to good teams week in and week out. When they get one, the intensity level is something they aren’t used to. The TSL showed this year all four teams are very competitive with one another. Williamstown would likely lose more games than they’re used to, but they’d be more prepared than just about any other AA team for WV’s playoffs.
You act as if the teams in the TSL are powerhouses. Other than Fort Frye, who is allegedly “preparing” them for post season play? Point didn’t make the playoffs this year in WV because of their SOS points. Warren and Marietta won’t help you going 4-6/5-5 every year. Better build some consistency of winning in the conference before trying to lure a team like Williamstown into it.
Thought we were finally going to get a thread clear of your BS. My point is that both warren and Marietta would beat most single A schools in WV by 3-4+ scores. Williamstown plays an easy schedule. If you want to debate that, go right ahead. All I’m saying is that even though you are hell-bent on trashing every team in the area, we aren’t Webster County WV, or Wirt County. I know that’s impossible for you to believe but look at the scores. Every team in the TSL was right there with one another and Williamstown barely beat Marietta. That gives you somewhat of an idea. Single A football is a joke from a competitive standpoint. They’re a good team in a bad football division. They’d be just another solid team in Ohio. Good program, but we’ve seen what FF does to them. Warren has played them competitively within the last 4-5 years. Marietta had them beat this year. Not bad for a 5-5 team, huh? Point in their prime would have beat them bad. If these teams won’t get them more ready than Calhoun County, go look at their closest margin of victory. Tell me who it is, I’ll wait.
Last edited by beg003 on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:33 pm

0-4 Vs Fort Frye
Exactly. They would still be good if they played across the river regularly, but they just aren’t used to having play decent to good teams week in and week out. When they get one, the intensity level is something they aren’t used to. The TSL showed this year all four teams are very competitive with one another. Williamstown would likely lose more games than they’re used to, but they’d be more prepared than just about any other AA team for WV’s playoffs.
You act as if the teams in the TSL are powerhouses. Other than Fort Frye, who is allegedly “preparing” them for post season play? Point didn’t make the playoffs this year in WV because of their SOS points. Warren and Marietta won’t help you going 4-6/5-5 every year. Better build some consistency of winning in the conference before trying to lure a team like Williamstown into it.
"A team like Williamstown" is quite something. There are JV teams in Ohio that would more than compete in Single A football in WV. Not a knock on Williamstown, good program, but to act as if they're a clear cut above teams in the area is lunacy. But have at it.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 am
Thought we were finally going to get a thread clear of your BS. My point is that both warren and Marietta would beat most single A schools in WV by 3-4+ scores. Williamstown plays an easy schedule. If you want to debate that, go right ahead. All I’m saying is that even though you are hell-bent on trashing every team in the area, we aren’t Webster County WV, or Wirt County. I know that’s impossible for you to believe but look at the scores. Every team in the TSL was right there with one another and Williamstown barely beat Marietta. That gives you somewhat of an idea. Single A football is a joke from a competitive standpoint. They’re a good team in a bad football division. They’d be just another solid team in Ohio. Good program, but we’ve seen what FF does to them. Warren has played them competitively within the last 4-5 years. Marietta played them competitively this year. Point in their prime would have beat them bad. Not sure what point you’re trying to prove by “edgy” posts and trashing high school kids.

Why do facts upset you so much? To say Williamstown would benefit from joining a league that hasn’t proven to produce winning football teams in the last 20 years, would be dumb in their book. And I don’t know what book you looked in to say Warren has been competitive with Williamstown other than the 2019 season. Losing 55-10 last year isn’t “competitive”. Warren should dominate Williamstown with the difference in school size. Williamstown beats Marietta the majority of the time. Another school who shouldn’t lose to Williamstown. You would probably think Kent State and Marshall would benefit from joining the Big 10 so their competition would be better. Get over it. You have your opinions and I have mine. Some high schools like the small conferences (compared to school size) they play in, the rivalries they have and the full trophy cases they fill.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

bigblue52 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am
"A team like Williamstown" is quite something. There are JV teams in Ohio that would more than compete in Single A football in WV. Not a knock on Williamstown, good program, but to act as if they're a clear cut above teams in the area is lunacy. But have at it.

Have you ever beat Williamstown big blue? I’ll answer…. No!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:29 am
beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 am

Thought we were finally going to get a thread clear of your BS. My point is that both warren and Marietta would beat most single A schools in WV by 3-4+ scores. Williamstown plays an easy schedule. If you want to debate that, go right ahead. All I’m saying is that even though you are hell-bent on trashing every team in the area, we aren’t Webster County WV, or Wirt County. I know that’s impossible for you to believe but look at the scores. Every team in the TSL was right there with one another and Williamstown barely beat Marietta. That gives you somewhat of an idea. Single A football is a joke from a competitive standpoint. They’re a good team in a bad football division. They’d be just another solid team in Ohio. Good program, but we’ve seen what FF does to them. Warren has played them competitively within the last 4-5 years. Marietta played them competitively this year. Point in their prime would have beat them bad. Not sure what point you’re trying to prove by “edgy” posts and trashing high school kids.

Why do facts upset you so much? To say Williamstown would benefit from joining a league that hasn’t proven to produce winning football teams in the last 20 years, would be dumb in their book. And I don’t know what book you looked in to say Warren has been competitive with Williamstown other than the 2019 season. Losing 55-10 last year isn’t “competitive”. Warren should dominate Williamstown with the difference in school size. Williamstown beats Marietta the majority of the time. Another school who shouldn’t lose to Williamstown. You would probably think Kent State and Marshall would benefit from joining the Big 10 so their competition would be better. Get over it. You have your opinions and I have mine. Some high schools like the small conferences (compared to school size) they play in, the rivalries they have and the full trophy cases they fill.
And if you’ll look back to my earlier post, I also said there’s a near zero percent chance of it happening. My only point was the AA playoffs are going to be a big step up in competition for them. They have a good thing going with their league, but it’s an objectively bad league minus St. Mary’s. None of the TSL teams were world beaters, but they’d all do the same thing to those other teams as williamstown. It would be a step up in week-in, week-out competition, whether you agree with it or not. In the AA playoffs, you’re not getting bad teams until a state final like A. But, it won’t happen so you picked a fight about absolutely nothing besides the fact I posted something mildly supportive of the TSL. This was a productive thread until you pulled your usual stuff.
Last edited by beg003 on Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:31 am
bigblue52 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am

Have you ever beat Williamstown big blue? I’ll answer…. No!
Have you ever said someone was hit too hard on a football field? I'll answer... Yes!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1. Point Plesant usually can compete year after year.
2. Fort Frye has been of late very good and looks to continue.
3. Marietta has been down, but I think that some of that has to do with being in a league they didn't want in, and boys stayed away from sports. Now with a new league it seems they are coming back to competing every Friday night.
4. Warren has been playing better and being coached better. They will soon compete with most SEO schools.

The TSL has a good chance of being a good league. They just need to watch what schools they bring in. If they decide to go with two divisions, they shouldn't have a problem. With Marietta and Warren being in the SEOAL they should lead in how past they do it and how far they reach out. I think the more SEO conferences the better. Need to limit how many is in a conference. Too me schools can be a problem and should play six conference games and four non. So, seven schools are a good number and stay away from more than one division.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:16 pm 1. Point Plesant usually can compete year after year.
3. Marietta has been down, but I think that some of that has to do with being in a league they didn't want in, and boys stayed away from sports. Now with a new league it seems they are coming back to competing every Friday night.
4. Warren has been playing better and being coached better. They will soon compete with most SEO schools.

The TSL has a good chance of being a good league. They just need to watch what schools they bring in. If they decide to go with two divisions, they shouldn't have a problem. With Marietta and Warren being in the SEOAL they should lead in how past they do it and how far they reach out. I think the more SEO conferences the better. Need to limit how many is in a conference. Too me schools can be a problem and should play six conference games and four non. So, seven schools are a good number and stay away from more than one division.
Really good take. Is it realistic to think Logan will end up in this league within 3-5 years?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:20 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:16 pm 1. Point Plesant usually can compete year after year.

Really good take. Is it realistic to think Logan will end up in this league within 3-5 years?
Don't think so. I look for the conference where Logan will start next year to reline, and this will fit Logan better.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:52 pm

Don't think so. I look for the conference where Logan will start next year to reline, and this will fit Logan better.
That would definitely be the best case scenario for them if they stick in that league. Will they still play some teams out of the southeast in non-conference when they can?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

UncleRico05 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:47 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:04 pm I agree Williamstown played such a bad schedule this year.
It was so bad and they still beat Marietta who beat Warren who beat Point Pleasant who beat Fort Frye… that’s weird?
Fort beat Marietta. On a down year Fort would have beat Williamstown.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

3 different times Fort Frye has beat single A champ handily in the reg season. They beat Williamstown last year and they beat Wheeling Central bad both times they last won the title. It’s not a knock on Williamstown but small school Ohio football is just better than West Virginia. Love to see Williamstown face Kirtland.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:47 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:04 pm I agree Williamstown played such a bad schedule this year.
It was so bad and they still beat Marietta who beat Warren who beat Point Pleasant who beat Fort Frye… that’s weird?
You can’t honestly say Fort Frye would’ve beat Williamstown this year. Maybe ever other year, but not this one.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:52 pm

Who would they have in their division if the OCC realigned?

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:58 pm

You can’t honestly say Fort Frye would’ve beat Williamstown this year. Maybe ever other year, but not this one.
Whether you like it or not, Williamstown would have fit right in with the TSL schools this year. Having seen all of the schools involved, I would give the slight edge to Point Pleasant and Fort Frye over Williamstown, and think Warren would have been 50/50.

I don't understand the animosity toward the TSL. Why wouldn't Williamstown want to play a local schedule with teams that will challenge and prepare them more for AA? Not saying the TSL schools are world beaters, but it's all relative.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

According to CalPreps, Williamstown would beat Fort this year 34-20.

How far is Williamstown to the other TSL schools?

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:51 pm 3 different times Fort Frye has beat single A champ handily in the reg season. They beat Williamstown last year and they beat Wheeling Central bad both times they last won the title. It’s not a knock on Williamstown but small school Ohio football is just better than West Virginia. Love to see Williamstown face Kirtland.
Kirtland would do to Williamstown, what Williamstown did to Calhoun County.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:21 pm

According to CalPreps, Williamstown would beat Fort this year 34-20.

How far is Williamstown to the other TSL schools?
Williamstown is right across the river from Marietta, so about 15-20 minutes to Warren. 25 to Fort Frye. 1 hour 15 to Point Pleasant.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:20 pm

Whether you like it or not, Williamstown would have fit right in with the TSL schools this year. Having seen all of the schools involved, I would give the slight edge to Point Pleasant and Fort Frye over Williamstown, and think Warren would have been 50/50.

I don't understand the animosity toward the TSL. Why wouldn't Williamstown want to play a local schedule with teams that will challenge and prepare them more for AA? Not saying the TSL schools are world beaters, but it's all relative.
Precisely the point I tried to make earlier, but our resident expert thought that was completely ludicrous.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Despite it sounding good to us I talked to a Williamstown insider yesterday and they aren’t going anywhere. They are in a good place they believe in their sports program and the community loves the school as it is. The source said they are actually going to grow in enrollment over the next 10 years, which is rare in our area.

Return to “Football”