RBH23
S

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:56 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Absolutely, and most of the line will be back with a lot of experience
So Ironton will be loaded next year? So what, they are loaded every year! Loaded three years ago, loaded two years ago, loaded last year, loaded this year, loaded next year…

Btw, weren’t you the one at the beginning of the season stating this was the best team Pendleton has ever had?
Talents isn't an issue.

Discipline. Technique. Playcalling are all big issues.
Completely agree. IHS should have won tonight but just too many mistakes and play calling that was a mystery. After Burg showed some success running against HP, I thought IHS would do the same. Very surprised by the results of this game.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:03 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 pm Yep, that’s what happens when you switch up the QB for the playoffs. Another game lost by the staff.
Offensive line is mistake riddled.
No continuity at Center
Run game is and has been below average all season.
And what does the staff decide to do?

Make a QB change week 11 and go away from the more true QB to the athlete who really isn't a qb.

And now there's no rhythm. No continuity. No flow. Ironton looked like a kid with 2 left feet and no seasoning trying to dance offensively. Just ugly to watch. More disappointing than the Lakers offense. No flow. Just awkward and unsure.
Well said. #12 is athletic, but his play at QB was tough to watch.

Btw, how does Ironton not have a good OL? They appear to have size and athletes.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:04 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:56 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm

So Ironton will be loaded next year? So what, they are loaded every year! Loaded three years ago, loaded two years ago, loaded last year, loaded this year, loaded next year…

Btw, weren’t you the one at the beginning of the season stating this was the best team Pendleton has ever had?
Talents isn't an issue.

Discipline. Technique. Playcalling are all big issues.
Completely agree. IHS should have won tonight but just too many mistakes and play calling that was a mystery. After Burg showed some success running against HP, I thought IHS would do the same. Very surprised by the results of this game.
Playcalling at Ironton is erratic. Rotation is erratic. No rhythm. No continuity. It's like watching someone call plays on madden. Smh

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:06 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 pm Yep, that’s what happens when you switch up the QB for the playoffs. Another game lost by the staff.
No continuity at Center

Make a QB change week 11 and go away from the more true QB to the athlete who really isn't a qb.

And now there's no rhythm. No continuity. No flow. Ironton looked like a kid with 2 left feet and no seasoning trying to dance offensively. Just ugly to watch. More disappointing than the Lakers offense. No flow. Just awkward and unsure.

Btw, how does Ironton not have a good OL? They appear to have size and athletes.
Irontons offensive line has ALWAYS been a step slow and a bit chubby for my liking with regards to preference BUT I don't think that's their issue. The issue is technique and discipline up front. I think Mr. Walt DeLong is the online coach or was. Big Walt was always a bit too nonchalant and passive for my liking as well as the liking of the good folks at Ohio State. lol Idk why they haven't improved. It's a great question.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I dont think they had an identity all year. What do you wanna be, offensively? Personally, I think they'd have greater success by being a power run team, mix in a little misdirection to open up the passing game.

Perfect the fundamentals and for crying out loud clean up the nonsense penalties by late season.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm I dont think they had an identity all year. What do you wanna be, offensively? Personally, I think they'd have greater success by being a power run team, mix in a little misdirection to open up the passing game.

Perfect the fundamentals and for crying out loud clean up the nonsense penalties by late season.
I agree with all of that

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Start getting Edward's ready to be Qb1 next season.

#12 isn't a qb.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm I dont think they had an identity all year. What do you wanna be, offensively? Personally, I think they'd have greater success by being a power run team, mix in a little misdirection to open up the passing game.

Exactly!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:21 pm Start getting Edward's ready to be Qb1 next season.

#12 isn't a qb.
Why did the coaches change to #12? Having #11 at QB tonight could have been a problem for HP.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:34 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:21 pm Start getting Edward's ready to be Qb1 next season.

#12 isn't a qb.
Why did the coaches change to #12? Having #11 at QB tonight could have been a problem for HP.
Real good question. I didn't hear any injury cited as the reason for the change so to me it seems coach made it as a reactionary move to I guess try to improve the offense instead of fixing the reasons the offense struggles to begin with. Offense with 12 at qb was less efficient than the offense with 11 at qb and as far as the timing and making that change in week 11 when the offense already lacked continuity or rhythm just boggles my mind.

#12 is a really good athlete.
He is NOT a quarterback.

kdvbk
Waterboy

Post by kdvbk »

The timing of the qb move was questionable, but i don't think the move itself is impossible to justify. #11 is a plus-player at TE and DL, he can't play there if he is the QB. #12 is a good receiver, but they have other capable guys there. It just feels like the took a hard look at their oline and came to the conclusion that they wouldn't be able to pass from the pocket when playing good teams. that really narrows the options on what can be done on offense, so the plan becomes run power and use the qb in the running game. when you have to throw, make it quick, move the pocket, or ask the qb to make plays out of structure. if that is what is being asked of the qb, #12 is probably the best option they had. Watching HP get pressure whenever they wanted only rushing 3 or 4 makes it hard for me to imagine #11 being much more successful there.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:12 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:06 pm

No continuity at Center

Irontons offensive line has ALWAYS been a step slow and a bit chubby for my liking with regards to preference BUT I don't think that's their issue. The issue is technique and discipline up front. I think Mr. Walt DeLong is the online coach or was. Big Walt was always a bit too nonchalant and passive for my liking as well as the liking of the good folks at Ohio State. lol Idk why they haven't improved. It's a great question.
Note: idk who's fault it is. But it's an issue Has been an issue.

Alumboy
Waterboy

Post by Alumboy »

Seems like ironton lost on purpose to duck burg. Weren’t gonna be able to compete anyways.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Tough loss. Harvest prep is a good team and Ironton struggled by running the same game plan they had vs Heath. I heard Thacker was playing with a torn meniscus, not sure if that was the reason for the QB move. I thought Ironton outplayed prep in the 2nd half but give Prep credit they stepped up on some big 3rd downs and shutdown Ironton’s Offense. Ironton moving forward has a huge junior class coming up with around 25 kids and they bring back majority of the starters on both side of the ball.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

#4 for Ironton is very talented. But tonight he found out he has to be more than just talented. Needs to keep getting stronger and also work on becoming a stronger route runner because there will be nights like tonight when the other guy is just as athletic or more.. So how well you execute and how consistent you are is where you have to draw from for ya separation.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:42 pm Tough loss. Harvest prep is a good team and Ironton struggled by running the same game plan they had vs Heath. I heard Thacker was playing with a torn meniscus, not sure if that was the reason for the QB move. I thought Ironton outplayed prep in the 2nd half but give Prep credit they stepped up on some big 3rd downs and shutdown Ironton’s Offense. Ironton moving forward has a huge junior class coming up with around 25 kids and they bring back majority of the starters on both side of the ball.
If the injury is the case makes sense then. First mention of an injury I heard I guess.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Awesome site we have here attacking 17 and 18 year old kids.

Prep has too many athletes for Ironton. Power run game sounds awesome if it will work. It didn’t. Ironton lined up a ton under center and ran it right at Prep. It wasn’t working. The passing game wasn’t much better given Schreck was running for his life and nobody was open. The one offensive TD was a scramble drill, not a designed play.

Sometimes the better team makes a few more plays and wins. It doesn’t have to be the coach sucks, or this kid sucks, or anything like that. It’s just one team is better than the other.

I will say Wheelersburg seems like a bad matchup for what Prep wants to do. Feels like if Wheelersburg can get Prep to make one extra mistake they’ll take it.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:42 pm Tough loss. Harvest prep is a good team and Ironton struggled by running the same game plan they had vs Heath. I heard Thacker was playing with a torn meniscus, not sure if that was the reason for the QB move. I thought Ironton outplayed prep in the 2nd half but give Prep credit they stepped up on some big 3rd downs and shutdown Ironton’s Offense. Ironton moving forward has a huge junior class coming up with around 25 kids and they bring back majority of the starters on both side of the ball.
It's really hard for me to agree Ironton outplayed anyone for a half. Idk. Ironton had very tiny pockets where they would make a play here or there. Mostly on defense. But overall no real continuity down the stretch. Offensively they failed to sustain drives. They let Prep flip the field on special teams. And even though the defense had some moments where they made plays they were left stranded unable to get off the field. Prep just gashed them. 3rd and short. 3rd and short. 3rd and short.

#12 for Ironton did something tonight I'm not sure I've ever seen before. He got outplayed by two quarterbacks in one game. That's tough.
Last edited by Tri_State790 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:45 pm Awesome site we have here attacking 17 and 18 year old kids.

Prep has too many athletes for Ironton. Power run game sounds awesome if it will work. It didn’t. Ironton lined up a ton under center and ran it right at Prep. It wasn’t working. The passing game wasn’t much better given Schreck was running for his life and nobody was open. The one offensive TD was a scramble drill, not a designed play.

Sometimes the better team makes a few more plays and wins. It doesn’t have to be the coach sucks, or this kid sucks, or anything like that. It’s just one team is better than the other.

I will say Wheelersburg seems like a bad matchup for what Prep wants to do. Feels like if Wheelersburg can get Prep to make one extra mistake they’ll take it.

Attacking? 🤣

Seriously how old are you? Are you sincere? Lol Attacking? 🤣

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Old enough to know that anonymously trashing kids online makes you a huge loser.

Return to “Football”