Meigs Football

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Meigs Football

Post by MarauderMadness »

Job is posted per OHSAA.org. Time to discuss a wishlist (in no particular order) for what it will take to right the ship in MarauderNation:

1. Bob Ashley - RG would be a great choicd. Not sure he will move.
2. Cassidy Willford - He has HC experience and has done a lot with not very much in Racine
3. Jason Jackson - Dream candidate. This would be a steal.
4. Greg Koons - I hear this guy waon a middle school state track title at Trimble. Now that is a winning coach.
5. Matt Canada - I hear he isn't currently coaching.

Who have I overlooked? Who ya got?

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Meigs Football

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:40 pm Job is posted per OHSAA.org. Time to discuss a wishlist (in no particular order) for what it will take to right the ship in MarauderNation:

2. Cassidy Willford - He has HC experience and has done a lot with not very much in Racine
4. Greg Koons - I hear this guy waon a middle school state track title at Trimble. Now that is a winning coach.

Jackson should be #1. Willford #2. Then go from there. Either one of them would be a great hire, but the question is, is their a good reason for either to leave their current gigs?

There are plenty of ex-coaches not coaching currently that may be itching for a gig as well.

Or maybe you could take the job Madness, or do you just like mommy's basement too much?

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:29 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:40 pm Job is posted per OHSAA.org. Time to discuss a wishlist (in no particular order) for what it will take to right the ship in MarauderNation:

Jackson should be #1. Willford #2. Then go from there. Either one of them would be a great hire, but the question is, is their a good reason for either to leave their current gigs?

There are plenty of ex-coaches not coaching currently that may be itching for a gig as well.

Or maybe you could take the job Madness, or do you just like mommy's basement too much?
Can’t imagine anyone wanting that job. Not even the NFL could muster a winning record there. Then they hired the dumpster fire after him. Sorry state of a program it seems. The only positive is the TVC Ohio is as bad or worse than it’s ever been so if you can put an average team together you have a chance to win it. Good luck.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Once again you are misinformed and ignorant. Not to mention that you are not in my list of candidates because they won’t hire a coach who needs an ice cream break halfway across the practice field.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Once again you are misinformed and ignorant. Not to mention that you are not in my list of candidates because they won’t hire a coach who needs an ice cream break halfway across the practice field.
Find your marbles then get back to me.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Justy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:52 pm

Can’t imagine anyone wanting that job. Not even the NFL could muster a winning record there. Then they hired the dumpster fire after him. Sorry state of a program it seems. The only positive is the TVC Ohio is as bad or worse than it’s ever been so if you can put an average team together you have a chance to win it. Good luck.
Well, there are plenty of jobs that are worse. And now is the time with the TVC as weak as it is. Should have hired Jason Jackson four years ago and we probably wouldn't be here again now would we? Madness is right on that one. It would be a dream now to get him.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:48 pm

Is he implying that your name is based on an obsessive love for Dairy Queen blizzards? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Baldeagle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:13 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:48 pm

Is he implying that your name is based on an obsessive love for Dairy Queen blizzards? If so, what is your favorite flavor?
Prefer peanut butter sundae, but I suppose Reese's would be the best Blizzard.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

I don’t see Wilford leaving southern. He built a house there and loves it there. And the way Bartrum treated him when he left Meigs left him with a bad taste in his mouth.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Anybody with a brain wouldn’t want this job. It’s only slightly better than that joke of a program at River Valley.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Lucky Charms wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:06 pm Anybody with a brain wouldn’t want this job. It’s only slightly better than that joke of a program at River Valley.
You just hope JJ wont se this and submit a resume'. Too bad that he is already in the building and has probably already been approached.

The wheels are turning on a new day of dominance in Rock Springs!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Lucky Charms wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:06 pm Anybody with a brain wouldn’t want this job. It’s only slightly better than that joke of a program at River Valley.
Word is RV is open as well oddly enough.

Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:46 pm
River Valley is probably the worst job in the state

MarauderMadness
JV Team

well now you have two chances at a job

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:43 pm
That's 2 more chances than you have to get laid!

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:58 pm

As bad as those programs are either of you two could coach them both at the same time and not make them any worse. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
MarauderMadness
JV Team

No thanks. You arent my type anyway as I prefer women over farm animals.

SEOSports740
Waterboy

Post by SEOSports740 »

The program needs a revamp year- regardless of the record; these kids need to be excited to play the greatest game there is. I think there is only one guy who is the right fit.. Thomas DeLasso. He is relatively young and full of energy. He once held the all time rushing record at Albany Alexander. I believe there is word he may be returning to southeastern ohio!

I speak as a TVC fan- we want Thomas!!!!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

I would think Sam Thompson would have to be on the short list at both schools.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:31 am

No thanks. You arent my type anyway as I prefer women over farm animals.
Odd you'd randomly mention farm animals. Are you trying to share a secret?

Return to “Football”