Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:19 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm Carrico can definitely play P5 football I think. There’s a reason he was rated so highly coming out. As for Perkins Marshall could be best case scenario or even OU
I don't really agree with this one as he was at P5 and he didn't play, look for him to lower the bar within the D1 schools and try to find a place. Even in garbage time he wasn't finding his way on the field at LB it just goes to show the level of talent that is across the board when you're talking P5 schools.
I don’t really are with one as playing LB at Ohio State is clearly going to be much more of a challenge than say playing LB at let’s say somewhere like Virginia or Purdue. The talent level of those schools clearly isn’t the same as it is at Ohio State. So playing time probably isn’t as scarce, not to mention the scheme of only 2 LB’s definitely was a factor. I’m not saying he can go to Virginia or Purdue and start. But he can play P5 at the right school. Now could he maybe transfer to a CUSA or Mac school and possibly start? Absolutely and that’s what I would do if I were him, as long as the education part is on line with what he’s looking for.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Perkins isn't a surprise. The coaching change had nothing to do with his decision.

So I take the offer was not for a full ride or else he would stay.

Perkins, like most of the so called Ironton D1 players, is wishful thinking only.

One only needs to watch the upper tier in ohio playoff football to realize the studs in SEO are but mediocre on the big stage.

It is what it is.

Go to Morehead St, get ur educational degree in history, and move on. Stop pretending you have a chance. Don't believe in false promises

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:39 am Perkins isn't a surprise. The coaching change had nothing to do with his decision.

Perkins, like most of the so called Ironton D1 players, is wishful thinking only.

One only needs to watch the upper tier in ohio playoff football to realize the studs in SEO are but mediocre on the big stage.

It is what it is.

Go to Morehead St, get ur educational degree in history, and move on. Stop pretending you have a chance. Don't believe in false promises
You’re a real piece of s.hit bud

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:02 am
FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:39 am Perkins isn't a surprise. The coaching change had nothing to do with his decision.

It is what it is.

but where's the lies? like I said previously, not Perkins fault. If you get that offer you take it every time! But in our small towns, they hype is greater than the substance.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:08 am
FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:53 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm graduation does not matter for your first portal move. 2nd, it does matter.
I was only hoping he finished a degree before moving on. I believe he has been there long enough. Anyway, I wish all these kids the best
Reid started at tOSU in the spring semester of 2021. At the end of the current fall semester, that would be 3 years at tOSU. So I'm assuming he is a full year shy of his degree.
I believe he had already taken several college classes and was entering OSU as a Sophomore.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:14 am

It is what it is.

but where's the lies? like I said previously, not Perkins fault. If you get that offer you take it every time! But in our small towns, they hype is greater than the substance.
I don’t care about the lie, it may or may not be true that he went to UC and can’t play at that level. But with that said why is a grown man on here literally bashing a 19 year old kid who probably had his D1 football aspirations crushed? I just think it’s silly to get in here and say don’t believe in false promises and stop pretending you have a chance. Kid is 19, will likely be more successful than that asshat Fido in life.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am

I don’t care about the lie, it may or may not be true that he went to UC and can’t play at that level. But with that said why is a grown man on here literally bashing a 19 year old kid who probably had his D1 football aspirations crushed? I just think it’s silly to get in here and say don’t believe in false promises and stop pretending you have a chance. Kid is 19, will likely be more successful than that asshat Fido in life.
Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

paulwheeler wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:01 am
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:08 am
FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:53 am

I was only hoping he finished a degree before moving on. I believe he has been there long enough. Anyway, I wish all these kids the best
Reid started at tOSU in the spring semester of 2021. At the end of the current fall semester, that would be 3 years at tOSU. So I'm assuming he is a full year shy of his degree.
I believe he had already taken several college classes and was entering OSU as a Sophomore.
He was on an engineering track, not sure which discipline. Hopefully he’s completed his undergraduate load or is close. I could see Purdue as a destination if he wants that. They need help defensively, great campus, very good engineering schools. Wife and kids plus other family members are Purdue graduates. We usually go to a couple games a year and it would be nice to see him play.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

It is what it is.

An extremely uniformed post.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Yes a Big 12 school is giving out half scholarships for football. Imagine being so stupid.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Approximately 1,200 kids in the portal! To put that in perspective, the 14 teams in the Big Ten combine for 1,190 scholarship players!! So basically a new power 5 conference could be started just with the portal kids.

Sadly, 40% of these kids will be without a football scholarship when every is said and done.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm Carrico can definitely play P5 football I think. There’s a reason he was rated so highly coming out. As for Perkins Marshall could be best case scenario or even OU
I don't really agree with this one as he was at P5 and he didn't play, look for him to lower the bar within the D1 schools and try to find a place. Even in garbage time he wasn't finding his way on the field at LB it just goes to show the level of talent that is across the board when you're talking P5 schools.
I’m just using the same philosophy as when Joe was there. He came in in garbage time but not a ton. He was rated as a 4 star and it showed when he got the opportunity. Same as for Reid. Ohio St just doesn’t rotate their LBs enough for him to shine. And I know most don’t think much of the ratings for recruiting but if he was rated pretty highly some must believe there is some upside and I’m one of them

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:17 am
I don’t really are with one as playing LB at Ohio State is clearly going to be much more of a challenge than say playing LB at let’s say somewhere like Virginia or Purdue. The talent level of those schools clearly isn’t the same as it is at Ohio State. So playing time probably isn’t as scarce, not to mention the scheme of only 2 LB’s definitely was a factor. I’m not saying he can go to Virginia or Purdue and start. But he can play P5 at the right school. Now could he maybe transfer to a CUSA or Mac school and possibly start? Absolutely and that’s what I would do if I were him, as long as the education part is on line with what he’s looking for.
He's too slow to be a linebacker

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:27 pm
I’m just using the same philosophy as when Joe was there. He came in in garbage time but not a ton. He was rated as a 4 star and it showed when he got the opportunity. Same as for Reid. Ohio St just doesn’t rotate their LBs enough for him to shine. And I know most don’t think much of the ratings for recruiting but if he was rated pretty highly some must believe there is some upside and I’m one of them
Not enough speed for the position at Ohio State

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:32 am

It is what it is.

99% of any post outta seo regarding D1 P5 college ball is misinformed. We are hearing opinions of a demographic that mostly produce slow chubby small white kids. Not REAL legit D1 talent. Is what it is. How can seo have a valid take on something they have ZERO experience with or working knowledge of? Same reason why seo doesn't produce any legit D1 college basketball talent either. Slow. Tiny. White and chubby. Lol. ..

Bitter pill

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If any 19 year old kid can't handle the truth then go buy him a trophy and tell him how great they are. I didn't bash Perkins or anyone else. I do bash those blowing smoke up his a$$.

You'll need to define successful, "BUD". I was smart enough to move out of the area decades ago. I hope he goes on and does great things in life. However, it won't be on the football field at a power 5 school.

Stop spoon feeding lies to kids. It doesn't help in real life situations," bud."

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It is what it is.

Do tell!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:17 am
He didn't even play LB in garbage time sorry it gets old everyone talking about the 2 LB stuff, when you have guys younger getting in and getting playing time during that garbage time play. Then you say you're not saying he could go to Virginia or Purdue which is P5, your last sentenced summed it up perfectly as far as landing spots. A lot of people thought Holden could play P5 when he transferred to OSU and he couldn't, it's not a knock get the education but let's be realistic and not pump up guys to be WAY more than they truly are.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

tigercat74 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 am

Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.
"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm

It is what it is.

99% of any post outta seo regarding D1 P5 college ball is misinformed. We are hearing opinions of a demographic that mostly produce slow chubby small white kids. Not REAL legit D1 talent. Is what it is. How can seo have a valid take on something they have ZERO experience with or working knowledge of? Same reason why seo doesn't produce any legit D1 college basketball talent either. Slow. Tiny. White and chubby. Lol. ..

Bitter pill
“Slow, tiny, and white”, you just described ML and Kirtland. Burg and IHS produce more college athletes than either of these schools.

SEO produces quite a few athletes given the area and limited population of said area: all-American linemen, professional baseball players, professional football players, even a basketball player that lead the nation in scoring.

Given the population, or lack thereof, SEO does quite well with regards to athletes.

Return to “Football”