SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Re: Minford Football

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

HERO wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:22 pm
SOC_Fan08 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:43 am

Won't happen.

The PeeWee at Minford has crushed the program more times than it has helped. Tons of "Super Bowl wins" have grown to 4-6 squads down the road.
You are correct in that. The Program went insulated around 2000 I believe and ended around 2017-18 those groups who played in that system produced the best teams to come through Minford. Need to get back to 4 to 6 teams of 12 or 13 and having Varsity players help coach the little ones.
“Insulated”

Did they win because they were warmer than the past teams
1. VERB
If a person or group is insulated from the rest of society or from outside influences, they are protected from them.

I.E being insulated from outside peewee groups and influence. Common verbiage used to describe a separated group. Isolated would work also.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:34 pm
HERO wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:22 pm
SOC_Fan08 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 pm

You are correct in that. The Program went insulated around 2000 I believe and ended around 2017-18 those groups who played in that system produced the best teams to come through Minford. Need to get back to 4 to 6 teams of 12 or 13 and having Varsity players help coach the little ones.
“Insulated”

Did they win because they were warmer than the past teams
1. VERB
If a person or group is insulated from the rest of society or from outside influences, they are protected from them.

I.E being insulated from outside peewee groups and influence. Common verbiage used to describe a separated group. Isolated would work also.
My bad, I am now a lot smarter.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

Is Kaskey a teacher at wheelersburg? Does he want to teach at Minford if hired? Does it matter? I’ve always thought a coach has better odds if they’re working in the district but that’s certainly not a guarantee of success.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

2quick2catch wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am Kaskey's offense at Wheelersburg averaged 36 PPG, not to mention his hand on developing 10 All-Ohio QBs...if you are Minford and want someone to take Caudill under his wing and elevate his game while at the same time rejuvenating a stagnant lethargic program....Tom Kaskey will do that. Minford has an opportunity to here to knock this hire out of the park grand slam style. What will they do?
Very doubtful that Caudill plays another down of football.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

falcon1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:49 pm
2quick2catch wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am Kaskey's offense at Wheelersburg averaged 36 PPG, not to mention his hand on developing 10 All-Ohio QBs...if you are Minford and want someone to take Caudill under his wing and elevate his game while at the same time rejuvenating a stagnant lethargic program....Tom Kaskey will do that. Minford has an opportunity to here to knock this hire out of the park grand slam style. What will they do?
Track only? I noticed he also not listed on Minford's basketball roster this season.*

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:06 pm
Track only? I noticed he also not listed on Minford's basketball roster this season.*
You can bet the mortgage. The young man will play football, especially for Tom Kaskey.

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

I don’t see Kaskey in their future

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NewEra wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:14 pm

You can bet the mortgage. The young man will play football, especially for Tom Kaskey.
Whether or not he does or doesn't I wouldn't be betting any mortgage on it. Kid was miserable this past season, honestly a coaching change might've been the only shot they had to getting him back out there. If he doesn't play added to what Minford graduated, you could be looking at a 3–4 win team at best. Luckily those guys rocked things out in pee wee and jr. high, sorry had to say it.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:21 pm

Whether or not he does or doesn't I wouldn't be betting any mortgage on it. Kid was miserable this past season, honestly a coaching change might've been the only shot they had to getting him back out there. If he doesn't play added to what Minford graduated, you could be looking at a 3–4 win team at best. Luckily those guys rocked things out in pee wee and jr. high, sorry had to say it.
Is Minfords peewee system bad? I assumed all the scioto county schools expect Burg follows the Minfords peewee model? I thought Minfords great peewee team are the current 7th graders that never loss a peewee game. I don’t think Caudill’s group won anything in Pee-wee football or in Jr high. I’m pretty sure P West was the big dogs in peewee and Jr High for the current junior and senior group in scioto county

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:59 am

Is Minfords peewee system bad? I assumed all the scioto county schools expect Burg follows the Minfords peewee model? I thought Minfords great peewee team are the current 7th graders that never loss a peewee game. I don’t think Caudill’s group won anything in Pee-wee football or in Jr high. I’m pretty sure P West was the big dogs in peewee and Jr High for the current junior and senior group in scioto county
Its the Parents involved more than anything. They prioritize winning pee wee games over learning the game of football or working with the High school staff to implement what the objectives of the program are.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Gotta believe Kaskey is the frontrunner. Sounds like Minford has an opportunity here, to make a big splash hire and instantly bring energy back to the program.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I feel I can safely take that bet !

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:44 am Gotta believe Kaskey is the frontrunner. Sounds like Minford has an opportunity here, to make a big splash hire and instantly bring energy back to the program.
IF he`s so great, why did Burg let him go ??

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:24 am

Track, soccer !!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:26 am
SWJeeps22 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:44 am Gotta believe Kaskey is the frontrunner. Sounds like Minford has an opportunity here, to make a big splash hire and instantly bring energy back to the program.
IF he`s so great, why did Burg let him go ??
Not football related. Coach Kaskey is pretty organized when it comes to coaching. He would be someone to look at.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 am
falcon1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:24 am

Track, soccer !!
Did you just respond to your own post, contradicting your own bet of he will play football. I'm more interested in finding out why he's not playing basketball or at least going off the post I seen where he's not on the roster plus I didn't see him at the North Adams game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Good question is who needs kaskey more minford or burg? Burgs O had not been the same since he left. Qb play has been nowhere near as good since he left

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:35 pm Good question is who needs kaskey more minford or burg? Burgs O had not been the same since he left. Qb play has been nowhere near as good since he left
Not to play the devils advocate but prior to last year two Incoming QBs transferred out. Salyers and masters.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Was it Gregg from transferred in from Ashland that came in Kaskeys final year? Or a better question I’d when was his last season at Burg?

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:43 pm Was it Gregg from transferred in from Ashland that came in Kaskeys final year? Or a better question I’d when was his last season at Burg?
he left halfway through the 21 season. Salyers has called the offense at burg for 2.5 years now

Return to “Football”