Warren Football 2024

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Re: Warren Football 2024

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:02 pm
Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:16 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:42 pm
Only thing seniority is good for is discounts at Bob Evens ..
Guess you’ll just have to wait and see dad. 🤷‍♂️
Yep I’m his dad and to be 💯💯honest if the boy wasn’t capable of helping get Ws I wouldn’t have said a word about it ! We well see this year Carrs about 200 lbs and gotten faster and stronger and where I come from seniority means nothing it was always the best player played no matter how old ! He fumbled once last season and thats ur point against him lol watched Fairbanks fumble 3 times in same game 🤦 but we overlooked that …
Don’t have to convince me. I’d say the guy on the sidelines with the headset on is the one you need to convince. He ultimately makes the decisions of who plays and who doesn’t. At least I think that’s how it’s done.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:36 pm

Yep I’m his dad and to be 💯💯honest if the boy wasn’t capable of helping get Ws I wouldn’t have said a word about it ! We well see this year Carrs about 200 lbs and gotten faster and stronger and where I come from seniority means nothing it was always the best player played no matter how old ! He fumbled once last season and thats ur point against him lol watched Fairbanks fumble 3 times in same game 🤦 but we overlooked that …
Don’t have to convince me. I’d say the guy on the sidelines with the headset on is the one you need to convince. He ultimately makes the decisions of who plays and who doesn’t. At least I think that’s how it’s done.
Not trying to convince you at all or his coach ! Like I’ve always told my son let ur game do the talking and that he has i know people see it and his coaches know and by the way 15 yr old Carr set a record also …

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

As a former high school athlete, I’d be embarrassed if my dad was posting things like this on a sports site. Let me prove myself on the field without anyone trying to convince people I’m great. Just my personal thoughts.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 pm
As a former high school athlete, I’d be embarrassed if my dad was posting things like this on a sports site. Let me prove myself on the field without anyone trying to convince people I’m great. Just my personal thoughts.
I’m defending my son !!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:01 pm

I’m defending my son !!
That you are! I’m just saying as a student athlete, I’d tell my dad to stop. Let me make my own legacy. I’d be furious with my dad.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:07 pm

I’m defending my son !!
That you are! I’m just saying as a student athlete, I’d tell my dad to stop. Let me make my own legacy. I’d be furious with my dad.
I’m defending him when someone is saying my son don’t deserve this or that or talking about he is a third string back !!
Last edited by Feedme#2WarrenFB on Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:07 pm

I’m defending my son !!
The only thing I’ve said is the boy should of had more carries last year that’s all an it’s got blown out of proportion 🤦‍♂️

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

This has been a riveting discussion on the Warren RB position lol

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

boss8 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am This has been a riveting discussion on the Warren RB position lol
Sometimes people just need to let the kids play and the games and outcomes will work themselves out. And I can say very confidently both 22 and 2 will have large roles in the offense. And that's a good thing, it doesn't just have to be one guy!

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

bigblue52 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
boss8 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am This has been a riveting discussion on the Warren RB position lol
Sometimes people just need to let the kids play and the games and outcomes will work themselves out. And I can say very confidently both 22 and 2 will have large roles in the offense. And that's a good thing, it doesn't just have to be one guy!
Never said it had to be one guy just said again he should’ve carried the ball a lil more last year especially when he broke off big runs then got taken out to never see a carry again! I’m letting him do him believe that because he is still at Warren isn’t he 😉

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am
Never said it had to be one guy just said again he should’ve carried the ball a lil more last year especially when he broke off big runs then got taken out to never see a carry again! I’m letting him do him believe that because he is still at Warren isn’t he 😉
If he has the same workload this year will he transfer? SEOPS exclusive

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Excited to see what the boys in blue can do this fall. Excited to see Sealey's development as a QB. Biggest hurdle on offense is cutting down on turnovers and converting red zone opportunities. Defense needs to limit big play and make teams go 60 plus yards on them every drive.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Defense has some guys who i think can take a step but time will tell for those guys. They need strahler and that LB core to step up big time.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

boss8 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

It’s all up to him !!!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm
It’s all up to him !!!
You heard it here first, folks.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

boss8 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

It’s all up to him !!!
You heard it here first, folks.
He hasn’t complained once about anything and it seems he loves his coaches so I doubt he leaves Warren ..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

beg003 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 am
loganlocos wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 am
beg003 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:55 pm
I believe the philosophy is “we’re going to put other teams in a phone booth for 4 quarters and see who’s tougher.”
To me that's who Warren was when they joined the SEOAL in mid-80s and were super competitive. Even in the mid-90s with Shawn Taylor - that wasn't a finesse team. They got after you and with Taylor they could punish you if you tried to overload and sellout defensively.

That's exactly the team I saw last fall and expect to see again in 2024.

You’re spot on, the Red Hill teams in the 80s were very, very physical. We don’t have the athletes to finesse other teams - not many teams in this part of the state do. Physicality can be an equalizer. On another note, How is Logan going to be this fall?
I've been digitizing all of Logan and Jackson's old game films - from about 1985 and forward. So I've been watching some of those old Warren teams. Definitely fun to see the old school football from that era.

Logan returns a bunch - should be a better version of what they were last season. Played most of the season with a freshman quarterback for the first time in school history so looking for better consistency from him. Still wing-t on offense, but will have a new OC/Playcaller from outside the district.

Defense has potental to be pretty good, but depth could be a question mark. Really good freshman group coming in too, but don't expect them to be a factor for the Varsity in 2024.

Schedule now that we're in the OCC will be absolutely brutal. Hoping for 3-4 wins and a playoff spot.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:20 am
beg003 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 am
loganlocos wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 am

To me that's who Warren was when they joined the SEOAL in mid-80s and were super competitive. Even in the mid-90s with Shawn Taylor - that wasn't a finesse team. They got after you and with Taylor they could punish you if you tried to overload and sellout defensively.

That's exactly the team I saw last fall and expect to see again in 2024.

You’re spot on, the Red Hill teams in the 80s were very, very physical. We don’t have the athletes to finesse other teams - not many teams in this part of the state do. Physicality can be an equalizer. On another note, How is Logan going to be this fall?
I've been digitizing all of Logan and Jackson's old game films - from about 1985 and forward. So I've been watching some of those old Warren teams. Definitely fun to see the old school football from that era.

Logan returns a bunch - should be a better version of what they were last season. Played most of the season with a freshman quarterback for the first time in school history so looking for better consistency from him. Still wing-t on offense, but will have a new OC/Playcaller from outside the district.

Defense has potental to be pretty good, but depth could be a question mark. Really good freshman group coming in too, but don't expect them to be a factor for the Varsity in 2024.

Schedule now that we're in the OCC will be absolutely brutal. Hoping for 3-4 wins and a playoff spot.
Good deal. Should be a low-scoring, physical game this year. Hopefully we can stay on each others’ schedules because we have a talented freshman class too. Would love to see some great games with Logan over the next few years. Selfishly, I hope they eventually become league games.

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

I just want to see carries for the incoming freshman :D

The Murray kid is shifty, and has a real future

Return to “Football”