Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Thank God. The TVC dodged a bullet with that one.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

So what does this mean for Oak Hill now long term. I’m sure the SOC schools won’t take too kindly that they were going to leave and didn’t and I’d be upset if I were the TVC as well since they gave them approval. What was their master plan??

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm Thank God. The TVC dodged a bullet with that one.

Not if the SOC decides to expand and poach River Valley and Wellston. OH would’ve evened the Ohio division. I would like to see the TVC rotate the non conference week because it’s a lot more difficult to find a non conference game every year for VC (week 7), Meigs (week 8), Alexander (week 9), River Valley (week 10) than it is for Wellston (week 4), and Nelsonville York (week 5).

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm Thank God. The TVC dodged a bullet with that one.

Not if the SOC decides to expand and poach River Valley and Wellston. OH would’ve evened the Ohio division. I would like to see the TVC rotate the non conference week because it’s a lot more difficult to find a non conference game every year for VC (week 7), Meigs (week 8), Alexander (week 9), River Valley (week 10) than it is for Wellston (week 4), and Nelsonville York (week 5).
Wellston isn’t going anywhere.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm

I hope not! They’ll be asked though. I guarantee it.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

If Wellston and RV want to start competent for league titles then moving is a no brainer. Middle division SOC is weak and for the taking. Plus logistics make sense.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm So what does this mean for Oak Hill now long term. I’m sure the SOC schools won’t take too kindly that they were going to leave and didn’t and I’d be upset if I were the TVC as well since they gave them approval. What was their master plan??
I’m not sure what the Master Plan was and I’m not sure how much worse it can get. Oak Hill has only scored 27 points against Wheelersburg since 2010. I thought Oak Hill would be a good fit and they would accept. Now all that they have done is make both leagues upset at them. If the end game of this scenario was to make the worst possible decision with the worst possible outcome, Oak Hill definitely made the mark there.

You’re talking about leaving a league that you have been in since 1992. 32 years in a league that has treated you well and made sure that you have longevity and stability. Oak Hill is 2-26 in the last 3 years. The worst stretch in school history. I’m not sure what the issue is or how to solve but it seems like a systemic issue that needs internally solved.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bmoc313 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm Oak Hill absolutely finessed the TVC and SOC!! :lol: :lol:
I don’t know what the plan for Oak Hill was but they are still in the same spot as they were when they started talking to the TVC. All of the 3 divisions in football is still just talk. They still are with the 3 Ws and will be unless they get that other team to come in.
This right here is why I said cart before the horse, we’ll do this “if” we can get another big team to join a division where they only have 3 conference games scheduled. Well we’ll do crossover matchups, ok so that puts OH and NW playing a couple games against Burg-West-Waverly-and whoever. So by that aren’t they still telling OH and NW you’re still going to play the teams you were running from just not all 3 or 4 of them lol. Oh and good luck finding teams with open non conference schedules in the middle of the year, I mean you’re going to be playing a very tough team or traveling 2 hrs to play someone. I’m sorry but OH should take that TVC offer and run with it. There’s so many what if’s in this proposal that literally 3-4 years from now it could still be bad and meanwhile TVC isn’t accepting you again.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston has a lot of natural
rivalries in the TVC and the community is tied more closely to Athens area. They will still play Oak Hill but the bridge to
join the TVC is burned. I don't know what River Valley will do

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Not if the SOC decides to expand and poach River Valley and Wellston.

They can have River Valley. The Rutgers of the TVC. Well, that's not true. Rutgers at least has won a couple B1G championships in a couple sports. River Valley has won zilch in anything.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Is the Oak Hill job open?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 pm

Not if the SOC decides to expand and poach River Valley and Wellston.

They can have River Valley. The Rutgers of the TVC. Well, that's not true. Rutgers at least has won a couple B1G championships in a couple sports. River Valley has won zilch in anything.
Didn’t Nelsonville York vote for River Valley to join the TVC?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Athens, River Valley, South Gallia, and Wahama were all asked to join the TVC. Athens was the only one that went in at first with South Gallia next followed by Wahama and finally River Valley.

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 pm Is the Oak Hill job open?
From the looks of Facebook today the head coach is gone and the community is raging.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

NY has only voted no one time to a team trying to join. Only time I can remember is when they voted no for Marietta and 3 divisions during the messy Warren/Marrietta meeting back in 2017. Hopefully Oak Hill can figure something out, not sure what their big plan was here. Like I have said before TVC should have voted in Warren or Fort Frye. At least all of this has provided interesting off season discussion. Can’t wait for kick off!

Go Bucks!!
madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm

As a guy who knows the Wellston-to-Portsmouth commute pretty well... Wellston to the SOC is a non-starter on a travel logistics basis.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am
From the looks of Facebook today the head coach is gone and the community is raging.
Raging? Meaning happy or upset? Thought HC was doing good things?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

LoyalOak wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am
Did he leave because of the Boards decision?

LoyalOak
Waterboy

Post by LoyalOak »

Raging as in pissed off.
From what I’ve seen and heard from parents with younger kids he was very involved in every sport from elementary to high school. I was told before has paid out of his own pocket for many of camps and other things for the kids. I’m assuming the school board/superintendent didn’t like him because he was constantly pushing for better opportunities and we all know Oak Hill doesn’t want to dish out money. So maybe they seen him pushing for a better schedule as a reason to finally get rid of him and now everyone is pissed off. He’s a jr high baseball coach currently too because that became vacant last minute and he took it over for the kids. The rec league took over jr high baseball before though so he is still coaching it. There could be more to this but I can say in my years of following Oak Hill sports I’ve never seen a coach as publicly liked as him, so I’d say Oak Hill just dropped the ball once again. Also he was let go or fired, not quit.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Hate to hear that about Kratzenburg. He's still young though, so hopefully he gets another opportunity somewhere else that will give him a real chance to build a program.*

Return to “Football”